Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: senko9S] #13404198 01/14/20 05:16 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by senko9S
Nixon, weed and Latinos are why it's illegal? Puff n pass...

Yes, it's more complicated than that, but issues like this usually are. However, remember your history lessons and the Black and Latino civil rights movements of the 60s and 70s. Making weed illegal gave the cops an excuse to lock anybody up for possession whether or not they were doing anything "wrong". Add in your for profit prisons and Regan's BS war on drugs.

Remember my mom was a civil rights lawyer during this time. I was raised on earfuls of this rant.

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404201 01/14/20 05:18 PM
R
RickS. Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
R
If we're don't kill it. It will kill me. peep

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404214 01/14/20 05:34 PM
H2O Seeker Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Kattelyn
HAH! Okay! Thank you! Um... I'm just blowing off steam because they'll come to me wanting to have a cup of tea and pick my brain. There's exactly a snowball's chance in hell of me ever telling them a damn bit of what I know because I know for a fact they're going to hurt somebody with it.

But people buy this. Every day. People pay fairly large sums of money for this nonsense.

I'm preserving old knowledge.. Simply the stuff my family has done for generations. The knowledge that every weed and flower that you see out there has a use and a purpose and a story behind it. Sharing the passion for not just our knowledge, but gathering knowledge from other sources... for plants that we didn't know.

'Pick your brain' is the PC way of saying, "Teach me for free". Whip out your calendar and schedule some consultancy time. Get paid for your passion!

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404216 01/14/20 05:36 PM
J
JCG57 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
cheers Marijuana was in the pharmacopeia too. And the absurdity of THAT being illegal is another rant for another time. Proven for treatment of chronic pain, anxiety related disorders, PTSD, and diminished appetite. Used in combination with other medications it could be extremely powerful. BUT because Nixon wanted to hurt the Latino community, and because of the tobacco industry, we have yet another prohibition ruining hundreds of thousands of lives for no reason.

Nixon can be blamed for a lot, but Mary Jane was made illegal nationally in 1937, and in many states before that.

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: H2O Seeker] #13404217 01/14/20 05:36 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker
'Pick your brain' is the PC way of saying, "Teach me for free". Whip out your calendar and schedule some consultancy time. Get paid for your passion!

I'm going to be teaching classes for the Alamo chapter of Master Naturalists in August. wink

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404220 01/14/20 05:39 PM
O
OTFF Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Asking for a friend.

Used in combination with other medications it could be extremely powerful.

Example?

Making a joke, but seriously, what do you mean? I know people who used pot with other illegal drugs, but where has your statement been proven. I worked for years with youth who had drug problems And trying to help them. Powerful in what way?

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: JCG57] #13404222 01/14/20 05:40 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by JCG57
Nixon can be blamed for a lot, but Mary Jane was made illegal nationally in 1937, and in many states before that.

Cannabis was officially outlawed fo...he 1970 Controlled Substances Act (CSA). The 70s is when it went from "eh, sorta illegal" to throw your butt in prison.

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404223 01/14/20 05:40 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
"GD Froo Froo Hippie"

LMAO

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: OTFF] #13404241 01/14/20 05:55 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by OTFF
Asking for a friend.

Used in combination with other medications it could be extremely powerful.

Example?

Making a joke, but seriously, what do you mean? I know people who used pot with other illegal drugs, but where has your statement been proven. I worked for years with youth who had drug problems And trying to help them. Powerful in what way?

This is starting to stray into the grey area where I start shutting up, but I'll try to explain.

This is anti-anxiety. It helps you calm down and relax. PTSD has always been a thing no matter whether we had a name for it or not, and people can be crippled by fear and anxiety. The brain is also a very delicate organ and can easily malfunction. When you would combine this with other anti-anxiety medications in proper amounts, a person could be returned to an active and useful life.
Also, for chronic pain sufferers, when you reduce inflammation and you reduce the fear of constant pain, you restore usefulness.

I'm not talking about people walking around stoned all the time, I'm talking about very very low doses just to help with anxiety. And once the brain has made the new connections and you have learned how to deal with the anxiety and stress, slowly reducing the dose to none. We are brains walking around in remote controlled meat suits. Everything we experience is interpreted through our senses. When we have malfunctions of anxiety or stress, that doesn't make the pain any less real and it needs to be managed.

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404252 01/14/20 05:59 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

I'm going to be teaching classes for the Alamo chapter of Master Naturalists in August. wink

round here naturalist means they be naked.......Is this a suns out buns out class?

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404267 01/14/20 06:06 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
I am also going to add to this that we already know that there are cannabinoid receptors in the brain and that our own body makes endocannabinoids involved in the regulation of appetite, immune system functions and pain management.
We also know that systems can be damaged or malfunction and not produce what they're supposed to produce... leading to increased pain, etc.

What's frustrating is to listen to both far sides of the argument... for and against... one side just wants to get high, and the other is against it because they're getting their morality in my legislation. When in truth, it's a tool that has a lot of utility when applied to the correct problems. But instead we want to prohibit a plant that god gave us and cause untold suffering because ... reasons.

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404272 01/14/20 06:11 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
They should impeach Nixon.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404281 01/14/20 06:14 PM
O
OTFF Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
I am also going to add to this that we already know that there are cannabinoid receptors in the brain and that our own body makes endocannabinoids involved in the regulation of appetite, immune system functions and pain management.
We also know that systems can be damaged or malfunction and not produce what they're supposed to produce... leading to increased pain, etc.

What's frustrating is to listen to both far sides of the argument... for and against... one side just wants to get high, and the other is against it because they're getting their morality in my legislation. When in truth, it's a tool that has a lot of utility when applied to the correct problems. But instead we want to prohibit a plant that god gave us and cause untold suffering because ... reasons.

I can see that. My issue is how many humans cannot simply find and have a balance. It seems we have to always push the bounds/limits. Then the government/limits come into play. There is no responsibility and moderation just abuse. Always looking for a higher high. That is an issue with no good outcome.

Anyway. Interesting.

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: OTFF] #13404289 01/14/20 06:22 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Originally Posted by OTFF
I can see that. My issue is how many humans cannot simply find and have a balance. It seems we have to always push the bounds/limits. Then the government/limits come into play. There is no responsibility and moderation just abuse. Always looking for a higher high. That is an issue with no good outcome.

Anyway. Interesting.

But why. Why are they self medicating like this. See there was The rat park study back in the 70s looking into the mechanisms of addiction and why animals would use drugs. In a lot of cases, there are fundamental underlying issues of mental disorders that need treatment, but aren't getting proper care. There is so much more to be learned about why some people feel the need to chase the higher high, and what is malfunctioning in their minds that we need to help them with. How many of our veterans' lives would be saved if they could only receive proper treatment after being broken by their experiences?

Re: Medicinal plant knowledge rant [Re: Kattelyn] #13404314 01/14/20 06:43 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
My sister is an Naturopathic Physician.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide