Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by criglizard
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by 200ZX
Good luck to all of our anglers fishing with them. Hopefully they will honor all their commitments they make to you. After seeing how they are doing the Costa anglers I have my doubts.

What's up with the Costa anglers? They getting treated unfair now?

The 12 anglers that got screwed out of 10k and a shot at 300k. One our long time members is one of the 12. He made a post about it but not many care to say a word bad about MLF even if they did these guys wrong.

Blame FLW for not requiring MLF to hold up the promises FLW made. MLF did not make that deal. Wrong of you to imply that simply because they bought a struggling company, they should have to honor deals (good or bad) they didn't create or agree to.

You yourself, go buy a struggling company and then agree to uphold whatever weak/bad/awful terms they've agreed to with vendors, employees, or contractors. Tell us how it feels to write a check for $120k simply because the struggling company you bought "promised" it.

[Linked Image]

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13374631 12/16/19 09:29 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
roflmao

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13374633 12/16/19 09:33 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Brent S

Blame FLW for not requiring MLF to hold up the promises FLW made. MLF did not make that deal. Wrong of you to imply that simply because they bought a struggling company, they should have to honor deals (good or bad) they didn't create or agree to.

You yourself, go buy a struggling company and then agree to uphold whatever weak/bad/awful terms they've agreed to with vendors, employees, or contractors. Tell us how it feels to write a check for $120k simply because the struggling company you bought "promised" it.

Ding Ding Ding

Nah, that's horseshit. Sorry.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13374637 12/16/19 09:38 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Douglas J

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Not an expert, despite 10+ years doing mergers and acquisitions. Maybe in 10-15 more years and another 100+ deals, I'll be an "expert".

Really, no horse in this race, just stating the facts. Company A buying Company B does not automatically assume all liabilities. Especially this type which did not involve services or product. No transaction actually occurred.

I feel for the anglers that are missing out. Fortunately, they were good enough to do it once and can probably do it again.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: James Biggs] #13374645 12/16/19 09:47 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by James Biggs

Originally Posted by 2111-15
I noticed Todd Castledine not on the list. Anyone know his plans?

Costa is no longer a FLW sponsor. No more free entry fees.

OUCH

Last edited by Legend LE-195; 12/16/19 09:48 PM.
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: criglizard] #13374673 12/16/19 10:35 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 200ZX
Good luck to all of our anglers fishing with them. Hopefully they will honor all their commitments they make to you. After seeing how they are doing the Costa anglers I have my doubts.

What's up with the Costa anglers? They getting treated unfair now?

The 12 anglers that got screwed out of 10k and a shot at 300k. One our long time members is one of the 12. He made a post about it but not many care to say a word bad about MLF even if they did these guys wrong.

So everything transfers and is business as normal except for the 12 anglers? Yeah ok. If they are hurting for money that bad already they can use the $100,000 Gerald and BP had to pay to get out of that mess.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: texasfisherman1] #13374934 12/17/19 04:59 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by texasfisherman1
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly
"Jason Christy – Dadeville, Ala."

Good lord, this clown is actually coming back for more?

Could someone fill me on in on this guy? I've seen him mentioned several times on the forum. What's the controversy?

Randy Flowers favorite angler

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: criglizard] #13375077 12/17/19 02:18 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

Not an expert, despite 10+ years doing mergers and acquisitions. Maybe in 10-15 more years and another 100+ deals, I'll be an "expert".

Really, no horse in this race, just stating the facts. Company A buying Company B does not automatically assume all liabilities. Especially this type which did not involve services or product. No transaction actually occurred.

I feel for the anglers that are missing out. Fortunately, they were good enough to do it once and can probably do it again.

I don't think anyone is saying BPT is legally obligated to pay the guys, but shouldn't need the law telling you to do what is right.

Its not like this was some bad corrupt deal made with a customer or vendor that put the company under. It is what these guys were fishing for. How many would have opted to fish BASS if there was no championship? How many would have paid those entry fees had they known there would be no championship?

Sorry, BPT screwed the pooch on this one. Make changes for future seasons and uphold promises made to anglers for the current season, that is the ethical thing to do.

I thought BPT was all about the fishermen, sounds to me it is all about the dollar.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13375153 12/17/19 03:12 PM
C
Chris G Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Pure speculation here but I wonder if FLW was even in a position to make the Championship happen and pay out those guarantees hence why they sold out to MLF? Others on here have stated that FLW was in a very poor financial situation so it could have played a role in it. That would seem to make more sense that MLF buying them only to remove that from the people who have already qualified for it. Otherwise, this looks like a typical "hostile" take over to me which happens every day in the business world especially on the PE side where they are constantly looking for struggling companies that have potential to come in a take over, then pump and dump.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13375166 12/17/19 03:24 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
[u][/u]#1221784204/26/17 07:30 PM

Online Content
InTheClear
Extreme Angler

Southwest Texas
Originally Posted By: Bigron119
Originally Posted By: InTheClear
(Me) Elites, it not even a close comparison to me. I'd actually be shocked if FLW is even still around in 5 years?

(Him) roflmao
Gonna save this post!

(Me) Put it in your signature

Me getting blasted (4-26-2017) 2 years ago on here for predicting this!

Last edited by InTheClear; 12/17/19 03:31 PM.
Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Chris G] #13375179 12/17/19 03:31 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Chris G
Pure speculation here but I wonder if FLW was even in a position to make the Championship happen and pay out those guarantees hence why they sold out to MLF? Others on here have stated that FLW was in a very poor financial situation so it could have played a role in it. That would seem to make more sense that MLF buying them only to remove that from the people who have already qualified for it. Otherwise, this looks like a typical "hostile" take over to me which happens every day in the business world especially on the PE side where they are constantly looking for struggling companies that have potential to come in a take over, then pump and dump.

The guys saying that FLW was folding are the same guys that believe everything that Duckett says. Boyd could jump off of a bridge and these guys would follow him. There hasn’t been anything truthful said by Duckett so far, other than “this a competition against BASS”.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: Brent S] #13375215 12/17/19 04:01 PM
Brent S Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
It appeared to me that FLW was tanking. They eliminated fantasy fishing last year.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: sprigsss] #13375220 12/17/19 04:03 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by sprigsss

I don't think anyone is saying BPT is legally obligated to pay the guys, but shouldn't need the law telling you to do what is right.

Its not like this was some bad corrupt deal made with a customer or vendor that put the company under. It is what these guys were fishing for. How many would have opted to fish BASS if there was no championship? How many would have paid those entry fees had they known there would be no championship?

Sorry, BPT screwed the pooch on this one. Make changes for future seasons and uphold promises made to anglers for the current season, that is the ethical thing to do.

I thought BPT was all about the fishermen, sounds to me it is all about the dollar.

This right here is what I was waiting on. When your whole platform is growing the sport, then screwing fishermen out of money is not a good move to make on that platform. That's moving the arrow a different way. If any of us worked for a company and put in our time, get ready to retire, and then that company gets bought out and says "sorry, no bonus or retirement anymore, it's wasn't part of the buy out.", that's not gonna sit well with one man or family on this board, I don't care who you are.

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: grout-scout] #13375221 12/17/19 04:04 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by grout-scout

The guys saying that FLW was folding are the same guys that believe everything that Duckett says. Boyd could jump off of a bridge and these guys would follow him. There hasn’t been anything truthful said by Duckett so far, other than “this a competition against BASS”.

One problem with your perspective.

Either FLW was financially weak (very likely) and sold because they weren't going to make it. "Cash out while you can" mentality.

Or....FLW was financially strong/stable and sold to MLF anyways, meaning MLF has a pile of cash to buy a business that is doing well. Also meaning that MLF is very deeply rooted into making this all work.

So...as one of the top MLF haters on this site, you are either saying FLW was weak or FLW was strong, making MLF also strong (which you have repeatedly said is not the case).

I can assure you that FLW didn't sell out of the kindness of their heart. So which is it?

Re: FLW Pro Tour Roster [Re: criglizard] #13375228 12/17/19 04:10 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grout-scout

One problem with your perspective.

Either FLW was financially weak (very likely) and sold because they weren't going to make it. "Cash out while you can" mentality.

Or....FLW was financially strong/stable and sold to MLF anyways, meaning MLF has a pile of cash to buy a business that is doing well. Also meaning that MLF is very deeply rooted into making this all work.

So...as one of the top MLF haters on this site, you are either saying FLW was weak or FLW was strong, making MLF also strong (which you have repeatedly said is not the case).

I can assure you that FLW didn't sell out of the kindness of their heart. So which is it?

And who are the guys that believe everything Duckett says and would follow him.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide