Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224884 07/25/19 02:16 AM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
They are NOT trying to shake you down.... They could NOT write enough tickets to make any money. Boat registration is just like car registration. You have to keep your car running as you do with your boat. You said they said did you clean, drain and dry before coming? Guess they are just doing their job since zebra mussels are now in our lakes...
Laws are only made if they can be enforced with a monetary value.... If they arrested everyone and put them in jail for minor infractions we would have to build a whole lot more jails...
You probably just don't like the fact that you got stopped and checked. Most people don't.. I have been stopped on Fork, Whitney and Athens.. Never a problem and yes they did ask about everything even had my 5 year old son on the boat at the time...
Tell what go do some ride a longs with police..It might change your mind.... I am sure GW's don't do ride a long's.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dubee] #13224895 07/25/19 02:21 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by coachallentca

If you think its about safety....it aint. Its ALL about money.

You are wrong on the all about money. You have NO clue...

Please explain.

My side of the story goes like this. Read the above Aquila story. It wasnt about me being safe or them caring about my safety. It was solely a shake down till they thought they got me for some money. Period. As soon as I told them my boat registration card was 200 yards away, the shakedown was done. Sign here please. Then they left. The boat registration was around 10-12 questions deep on their list. After what lakes have you fished? Did you clean, drain, dry before coming here? Etc. They didnt even care about banging up my boat. Lol. What does having a boat registration card IN THE BOAT have to do with safety. Obviously the boat was current, as the sticker was right there on the side of the boat.

Laws are only made if they can be enforced with a monetary value.

What is your theory? Throw me a clue!

My guess is you acted like a know it all a**. So when you didn't have your registration on you. They gave you a ticket. I don't blame them.

Nope. I didnt. I am a very polite humble person face to face. You THINK Im an [censored]. Thats fine. Youre wrong on both counts. I did get irritated when their boat was bouncing against mine. I cringed and offered them a cold bottled water. I also offered boat fenders and spot lock us both. They didnt have time for that stuff. They had a quota.

So youre THEORY is that I provoked them? Are you a teenager?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224900 07/25/19 02:26 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Yep, i'm 18

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dubee] #13224901 07/25/19 02:28 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Yep, i'm 18

Youre a dyslexic 81 yr old. Lol

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224912 07/25/19 02:36 AM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Bob Sandlin and Cypress Springs are the most heavily patrolled lakes I have ever seen. The same guy checked me twice on the same day on Sandlin a while back. I have been checked five times as many times on those lakes as all others combined.

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Razorback] #13224916 07/25/19 02:45 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Razorback
Bob Sandlin and Cypress Springs are the most heavily patrolled lakes I have ever seen. The same guy checked me twice on the same day on Sandlin a while back. I have been checked five times as many times on those lakes as all others combined.

I fished a tournament on Welsh this year. The warden checked me twice while i was pulled up on the bank waitng for my buddy to get my truck.

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224923 07/25/19 02:52 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I've always had a good relationship with the wardens that work my county and some of the places I hunt, even get along well with Benny, lol. I consider a couple of them as good friends and have ridden with them a time or two.
All of these guys have a passion for the outdoors but their job description is much more encompassing than that.
Living at Fork, we see a LOT of wardens other than our 2 locals. Keep in mind that Fork is in 3 counties so there can be a whole lot of patrolling going on at times. Which, is something that other lakes may not have.

Ftr, Steez has always been helpful and friendly whenever he has been asked for help. He just can't resist jerking the chain if its dangled in front of him. He makes me laugh..

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224924 07/25/19 02:53 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Pilot knoll is Highland Village. If they are driving drunk through Highland Village, they won't make it too many times. Cops here have no other crime to deal with.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: outfishdya] #13224945 07/25/19 03:11 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Pilot knoll is Highland Village. If they are driving drunk through Highland Village, they won't make it too many times. Cops here have no other crime to deal with.
i used to live in Lake Dallas (Hickory Creek). That town had 100 liquor stores and about the same number of patrol cars on the road.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13224959 07/25/19 03:27 AM
M
Mike@972 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Ray Roberts is patrolled. The now retired Officer Darla would pull people over all the time... I appreciate that she took her job seriously, but she tipped fanatical.

She pulled me over one year when I was idling near the flooded campgrounds because "it looked specious". I had my wife and two kids in the boat and we were simply looking at the flood damage while idling at 3 MPH. She checked live wells, cooler and questioned my kids. When she was done she gave my little girl a sticker and said: "This is so you know I'm not mean". My 14 year old son very politely said, "you can just not stop us next time". I quietly grinned. It was a proud dad moment. grin

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dubee] #13224974 07/25/19 03:48 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I have been stopped at Fork a few times as well as Bridgeport. Always friendly and courteous. Does not bother me at all to get checked.

Originally Posted by coachallentca

If you think its about safety....it aint. Its ALL about money.

You are wrong on the all about money. You have NO clue...

Please explain.

My side of the story goes like this. Read the above Aquila story. It wasnt about me being safe or them caring about my safety. It was solely a shake down till they thought they got me for some money. Period. As soon as I told them my boat registration card was 200 yards away, the shakedown was done. Sign here please. Then they left. The boat registration was around 10-12 questions deep on their list. After what lakes have you fished? Did you clean, drain, dry before coming here? Etc. They didnt even care about banging up my boat. Lol. What does having a boat registration card IN THE BOAT have to do with safety. Obviously the boat was current, as the sticker was right there on the side of the boat.

Laws are only made if they can be enforced with a monetary value.

What is your theory? Throw me a clue!

My guess is you acted like a know it all a**. So when you didn't have your registration on you. They gave you a ticket. I don't blame them.

No, I've got the same treatment from them there, if you have a kid in the boat with you they seem to be nicer.

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13225012 07/25/19 05:23 AM
T
ToasterWEyes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I have experienced the same at Aquilla. Hell, they almost confiscated my boat because the system hadn't updated yet and it checked out as having title issues in Louisiana. Came back as stolen. I had recently registered it in Texas without issue so who knows.... Took them about an hour and a half to sort it out and let me go. Still wrote me a ticket because my youngest daughter's life vest was not fully buttoned while the big motor was running.
They were courteous though, I had my 2 girls with me (9 and 7 at the time). That said I support the game wardens and appreciate their work.

It's only a good cast if you catch a fish...
Personal Best: 11.62 lbs
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13225055 07/25/19 11:41 AM
S
skeeter james Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Lewisville is crazy.... I see boats out in the lake at night with no lights on what so ever.. And it burns me up when I see all the people leaving huge wakes in no wake areas.. Most of those areas are around boat ramps and I hate leaving my boat fearing it will get washed off the bank before I can get my trailer in to load up...
The biggest culprits of this in my opinion is the people renting water craft.. The people they rent from arent explaining anything about water safety to them...

Formerly known as progator james
2013 Skeeter FX21 with a 250 SHO... Love this boat!!

James Moore
214-458-8024
Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: LakeTylerMan] #13225267 07/25/19 03:08 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by LakeTylerMan
On Lake Tyler I've observed the wardens patrol perhaps three times a year and commonly in the spring. I live in a cove with a bridge near the back and at times in the spring there are a bunch of bank fishermen. The wardens make a beeline back there to bust any bank fisherman without a license. Twenty five plus years ago there was a Lake Patrol on the Lake Tylers and I saw them pretty often. That program must have died because I've not seen a Lake Patrol boat in the five years I've been here since retiring. So though boaters are pretty courteous on this lake it could also be the wild west.

Ralph East used to be out there all the time when he was still a GW, one of the best! Of coarse so was Chris Green! Smith Co. has had some great GW's in the past. Unfortunately, the GW's have other pressing duties.

Re: Are our Lakes Patrolled? [Re: Txduckhunter] #13225277 07/25/19 03:24 PM
B
Bryanmc57 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Keep in mind that Fork is in 3 counties so there can be a whole lot of patrolling going on at times.

I thought Fork was only in Wood and Rains County. What's the third?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide