Forums59
Topics1,046,923
Posts14,098,016
Members144,380
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224114 07/24/19 01:04 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
You know what it is RB, I get tired of all the Jimmy whinnying. It was a special team, and Jimmy is the one who F’d it up. The way he treated his boss, yeah he was a dip stick, you treated your boss like he did you would get fired too. All he had to do was share the success of the “team” with his boss, but he was so self centered, and stubborn A-hole to his boss who gave him a job, he probably wanted to get fired so he could back to Miami and fish.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13224117 07/24/19 01:11 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
You know what it is RB, I get tired of all the Jimmy whinnying. It was a special team, and Jimmy is the one who F’d it up. The way he treated his boss, yeah he was a dip stick, you treated your boss like he did you would get fired too. All he had to do was share the success of the “team” with his boss, but he was so self centered, and stubborn A-hole to his boss who gave him a job, he probably wanted to get fired so he could back to Miami and fish.

Pretty much agree with this. Jerry did take a huge risk with Jimmy and buying the team, he put all the money up to buy those players as well, no cap back then.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224141 07/24/19 01:46 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by Happykamper
What Jerry has done is amazing, and he has a pretty good team on his hands right now, with a little luck you never know. GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!

they should kill the NFC East
win out

I think Philthy has the #1 spot in the East in most prognosticators eyes. I feel that is an accurate assessment too.

their QB will be done by the 2nd game

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224147 07/24/19 01:47 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Icepick®
They've been the most valuable franchise in America for years.
At least in football.

These numbers were based on sports franchises in the world. Cowboys value grew by 5% while the Yankees grew by 15% to jump into 2nd place . Cowboys have been #1 for 4 straight years. There's something to be said about Jerrah's marketing abilities.

yes in the world
& they are right here

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Happykamper] #13224203 07/24/19 02:52 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R

Pretty much agree with this. Jerry did take a huge risk with Jimmy and buying the team, he put all the money up to buy those players as well, no cap back then.

I'm kinda shocked at you this putting this on Johnson.

HK, don't you think they were equally culpable in the split up?

Do you think those 90's SB would have happened with most any other of Jerry's choices at head coach (I know, quite speculative, but consider the head coaching decisions subsequent to Johnson's leaving)?

Don't you agree that Jerry could have sat back and kept in the background and been content to just hold up multiple Lombardi Trophies like essentially every other owner in the history of the SB instead of trying to thrust himself into the limelight? And if he had Johnson would most likely have stayed on as HC?

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224244 07/24/19 03:42 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Do you think those 90's SB would have happened with most any other of Jerry's choices at head coach (I know, quite speculative, but consider the head coaching decisions subsequent to Johnson's leaving)?

Don't you agree that Jerry could have sat back and kept in the background and been content to just hold up multiple Lombardi Trophies like essentially every other owner in the history of the SB instead of trying to thrust himself into the limelight? And if he had Johnsone would most likely have stayed on as HC?
I think they were both at fault for letting it all slip away. As far as sitting back and letting Jimmy do whatever he wanted, no way in hell. I employ a few GM's, I let them run the operations but I do have final say on anything that goes on, after all if something goes south I am the one left holding the bag. I loved Jimmy, thought he was awesome coach, I think the Parcells hire was awesome as well, had he been a few years younger there would have been SB's. I think Jimmy and Jerry are both ego maniacs.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Happykamper] #13224425 07/24/19 06:36 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Jerry didn’t want to fire Jimmy, he hired him. But Jimmy got big headed and insisted on bing an a-hole to his boss, so boss sent him packing like most bosses would.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: buda13] #13224456 07/24/19 07:23 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
jimmuh was all about jimmuh
not his family
or
anything else

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224535 07/24/19 08:17 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
It's been that way ever since Jimmy left.

Oh geezz another Jimmy lover. Jimmy is a dip stick, could not get a long with a good boss. Parcels played Jerry like a fiddle, Jimmy a dip stick got big headed left for Miami and didn't do much. I'm sure he would like a do over.

A reasonable person would give Jimmy Johnson his due. As we all know he took a 1-15 team and in 3 years had it in the SB which he won 2 years in a row resoundingly due to his superior coaching abilities. He has a reasonable coaching tree too.

The Tuna didn't come even close in Dallas. Jimmy, if left alone would have probably won 4 straight SB's. The friction came when Jimmy wouldn't give Jerry credit for the SB wins which he only minimally deserved ... coaching, scheme, and talent won those SB's. To be honest Jerry was directly involved in the Hershel Walker trade but Jimmy was the talent acquisition guru. The separation between Jimmy and Jerry was quite mutual and both bear responsibility for the breakup.

The aftermath of the 1990's situation should reflect on each's character and responsibilities in Johnson's leaving the Cowboys. Johnson went to Miami and took a mediocre Miami team to the playoffs 2 times in 4 years them retired to a less than egotistical existence while we know what the meddlesome, ego driven Jerry Jones has done as GM (granted the team has good talent since relinquishing some of his authority). Jerry proved himself a less than qualified judge of player and coaching talent.

For you to portray Johnson as a "dipstick" is quite short sighted and reflects on your abilities to clearly see and portray the whole story accurately.

Jus sayin

clap There ya go, the truth.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: butch sanders] #13224537 07/24/19 08:20 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
not his family
or
anything else

90% of all head coaches in the NFL are like that. The good ones anyway. Never caught Jimmy with his hands on another woman's breast like Jerry got caught with.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: buda13] #13224538 07/24/19 08:21 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Well said Ray Bob

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13224559 07/24/19 08:35 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
not his family
or
anything else

90% of all head coaches in the NFL are like that. The good ones anyway. Never caught Jimmy with his hands on another woman's breast like Jerry got caught with.

don't you reckon Belichick loves to help
the sick, lonesome & needy?

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: butch sanders] #13224692 07/24/19 10:50 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
not his family
or
anything else

don't you reckon Belichick loves to help
the sick, lonesome & needy?

His boss Mr. Kraft handles those chores.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13224704 07/24/19 11:02 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Don't you agree that Jerry could have sat back and kept in the background and been content to just hold up multiple Lombardi Trophies like essentially every
other owner in the history of the SB instead of trying to thrust himself into the limelight? And if he had Johnson would most likely have stayed on as HC?

Jerry admitted publicly exactly what you said RB. He said he could close an oil deal for 200 million and no one would care but make a great trade for a football player and the whole world takes note. Jerry wanted the press and acknowledgement that he contributes to the success of the Cowboys. He never understood that by giving Jimmy any and everything he needed to build a championship team he was contributing and in a huge way. Tex Schramm was the biggest tight wad with money that ever lived and Jerry was and is the polar opposite. Jerry always paid his players, some too much, but was very generous to his players and deserves to be acknowledged for that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide