Forums59
Topics1,046,696
Posts14,094,331
Members144,371
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Happykamper] #13223720 07/23/19 11:29 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Happykamper
What Jerry has done is amazing, and he has a pretty good team on his hands right now, with a little luck you never know. GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!

they should kill the NFC East
win out

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13223765 07/24/19 12:20 AM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
'Ol Jerry may not know diddly squat about building a championship team but the 'ol bastard flat knows how to make money. Never been to a game since he's owned the team and never will. They're the home team and I root for'em but care not for the ownership. Same for the Rangers and Mavericks.

Jerry has changed is ways, you should recognize that. Jerry is a great owner, his only issues have been 1) his "meddling" on the personnel side and 2) his desired to be in the spotlight. These are not issues any more.

He doesn't meddle in the draft decisions any more, he handed the keys over to McClay, and he has built on incredible roaster, #1 in the NFL I will argue, give Jerry credit. And he is not on the side line like he used to be playing coach.

He is in the hall of fame, all he needs now is more super bowls, and if you are not smart enough to know that is all he cares about at this stage of his life, well you are just a hater or don't know what makes him tic. BTW, he has informally handed GM role to Stephen, who I think will do a great job. Jerry these days just write a check, and he will write any size check to win. Owners don't get much better.

Go cowboys whoooooooooo hoooooooo!!!!! banana

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: buda13] #13223787 07/24/19 12:39 AM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru

Frank, where are you?

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: buda13] #13223790 07/24/19 12:41 AM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
[Linked Image]

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Scagnetti] #13223801 07/24/19 12:54 AM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
The Cowboys are the Kardashians of the sports world

All blow and no go

One of the Kardashian sisters started a cosmetic company that results in her having a net worth of 10000 Million dollars. This is prima facie evidence you are you are wrong to the combined IQ of the OT squared.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13223805 07/24/19 12:57 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
'Ol Jerry may not know diddly squat about building a championship team but the 'ol bastard flat knows how to make money. Never been to a game since he's owned the team and never will. They're the home team and I root for'em but care not for the ownership. Same for the Rangers and Mavericks.

Jerry has changed is ways, you should recognize that. Jerry is a great owner, his only issues have been 1) his "meddling" on the personnel side and 2) his desired to be in the spotlight. These are not issues any more.

He doesn't meddle in the draft decisions any more, he handed the keys over to McClay, and he has built on incredible roaster, #1 in the NFL I will argue, give Jerry credit. And he is not on the side line like he used to be playing coach.

He is in the hall of fame, all he needs now is more super bowls, and if you are not smart enough to know that is all he cares about at this stage of his life, well you are just a hater or don't know what makes him tic. BTW, he has informally handed GM role to Stephen, who I think will do a great job. Jerry these days just write a check, and he will write any size check to win. Owners don't get much better.

Go cowboys whoooooooooo hoooooooo!!!!! banana

You have your opinion and I have mine and mine is just as good as yours. Never said I hated him and don't put words in my mouth. It's been 23 years since the Cowboys have been to a Super Bowl and that falls on the GM. The Cowboys are my favorite team but Jerry Jones is not a good GM, period. That's not just my opinion either.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13223829 07/24/19 01:22 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Gig' em, they have been trending in the right direction lately, so if they do some how win a SB are you going to give Jerry credit or are you going to say it was Steven and Will McCray that won it ? Just curious, need to get it on record in case it happens, that way we will know who is responsible.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: TR176] #13223842 07/24/19 01:29 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by TR176
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
The Cowboys are the Kardashians of the sports world

All blow and no go

One of the Kardashian sisters started a cosmetic company that results in her having a net worth of 10000 Million dollars. This is prima facie evidence you are you are wrong to the combined IQ of the OT squared.

I think it’s closer to $100000 billion

[Linked Image]

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Icepick] #13223844 07/24/19 01:30 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Icepickฎ
They've been the most valuable franchise in America for years.
At least in football.

These numbers were based on sports franchises in the world. Cowboys value grew by 5% while the Yankees grew by 15% to jump into 2nd place . Cowboys have been #1 for 4 straight years. There's something to be said about Jerrah's marketing abilities.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: butch sanders] #13223849 07/24/19 01:33 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by butch sanders
What Jerry has done is amazing, and he has a pretty good team on his hands right now, with a little luck you never know. GO COWBOYS !!!!!!!!!

win out

I think Philthy has the #1 spot in the East in most prognosticators eyes. I feel that is an accurate assessment too.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: RayBob] #13223864 07/24/19 01:44 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by butch sanders

win out

I think Philthy has the #1 spot in the East in most prognosticators eyes. I feel that is an accurate assessment too.

As it happens most of the time, it’ll depend on which team gets the best performance out of their QB position

Like the Pokes, PHI has a lot of depth on their roster

[Linked Image]

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: Happykamper] #13223869 07/24/19 01:49 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Gig' em, they have been trending in the right direction lately, so if they do some how win a SB are you going to give Jerry credit or are you going to say it was Steven and Will McCray that won it ? Just curious, need to get it on record in case it happens, that way we will know who is responsible.

I'll give the whole organization the cheers and credit they deserve and that includes Jerry. Every person in that organization was hired by Jerry so he is responsible for them and their success. Anyone who thinks he's passed the torch completely to his underlings is fooling themselves. If and when they win another Super Bowl watch and see who they hand the trophy too. Certainly he has given more responsibility to Steven and others but as long as he keeps breathing he will always have the final decision. It's been that way ever since Jimmy left. I am and always have been a Cowboy fan, it started back when Meredith was quarterback and I still am today. Go Cowboys.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13223946 07/24/19 02:56 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I'll give the whole organization the cheers and credit they deserve and that includes Jerry. Every person in that organization was hired by Jerry so he is responsible for them and their success. Anyone who thinks he's passed the torch completely to his underlings is fooling themselves. If and when they win another Super Bowl watch and see who they hand the trophy too. Certainly he has given more responsibility to Steven and others but as long as he keeps breathing he will always have the final decision. It's been that way ever since Jimmy left. I am and always have been a Cowboy fan, it started back when Meredith was quarterback and I still am today. Go Cowboys.

Fair enough thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #13223961 07/24/19 03:07 AM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
It's been that way ever since Jimmy left.

Oh geezz another Jimmy lover. Jimmy is a dip stick, could not get a long with a good boss. Parcels played Jerry like a fiddle, Jimmy a dip stick got big headed left for Miami and didn't do much. I'm sure he would like a do over.

Re: Dallas Cowboys Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13224059 07/24/19 11:23 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by FishingGuy
It's been that way ever since Jimmy left.

Oh geezz another Jimmy lover. Jimmy is a dip stick, could not get a long with a good boss. Parcels played Jerry like a fiddle, Jimmy a dip stick got big headed left for Miami and didn't do much. I'm sure he would like a do over.

A reasonable person would give Jimmy Johnson his due. As we all know he took a 1-15 team and in 3 years had it in the SB which he won 2 years in a row resoundingly due to his superior coaching abilities. He has a reasonable coaching tree too.

The Tuna didn't come even close in Dallas. Jimmy, if left alone would have probably won 4 straight SB's. The friction came when Jimmy wouldn't give Jerry credit for the SB wins which he only minimally deserved ... coaching, scheme, and talent won those SB's. To be honest Jerry was directly involved in the Hershel Walker trade but Jimmy was the talent acquisition guru. The separation between Jimmy and Jerry was quite mutual and both bear responsibility for the breakup.

The aftermath of the 1990's situation should reflect on each's character and responsibilities in Johnson's leaving the Cowboys. Johnson went to Miami and took a mediocre Miami team to the playoffs 2 times in 4 years them retired to a less than egotistical existence while we know what the meddlesome, ego driven Jerry Jones has done as GM (granted the team has good talent since relinquishing some of his authority). Jerry proved himself a less than qualified judge of player and coaching talent.

For you to portray Johnson as a "dipstick" is quite short sighted and reflects on your abilities to clearly see and portray the whole story accurately.

Jus sayin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide