Forums59
Topics1,039,371
Posts13,963,498
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Tim Haugh] #13156320 05/16/19 04:58 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by Tim Haugh
Originally Posted by Legend LE-195
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

How did they prove the 5 biggest fish werent combined from the two boats? Was an official present during the entire transportation?

No. It IS VERY different than a competitor hitching a ride in another boat with two separate unbiased officials watching over things. This, too me, kinda sounds like a convenient way to explain away an opportunity to cheat.

Never thought about that, in other instances you have a co-angler or marshall present to watch over things, I would be confident if the HS senario were to take place at other levels team, AAA, Tour, maybe even club level where money is involved the teams would be disqualified, you think Trip Wheldon would let this slide? I don't see this making something out of nothing considering the team involved had already been caught cheating once.

The team from Gainesville that received assistance getting to weigh-in HAS NOT cheated in any of our events. You really should know your facts before commenting.

By the way, your hatred for high school fishing is truly legendary. However, I would bet everything I have that if high school fishing was around back when you were in school, you would have been the first one at your school to sign up.

People with that much hate towards something that doesnt involve them at all are typically lacking in reading comprehension as well. An 8 page thread may have been a little too longer to follow.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13156445 05/16/19 06:28 PM
Tom Mayne Fishing Guide Lanes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
The original topic of the post is certainly a valid thing to have on the forum. Unfortunately this thing as taken the same turn it always does. Everyone has a right to their opinion...Many in this thread that I strongly disagree with, and that is ok. However, those of you spreading pure unsubstantiated rumors are just plain sorry! No way around that.

I agree! Why is this post even allowed by the wardens to continue......Need to make a sub topic called "BS" and have these kinds of threads moved....Should be deleted at this point....

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Tim Haugh] #13156470 05/16/19 06:46 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

How did they prove the 5 biggest fish werent combined from the two boats? Was an official present during the entire transportation?

No. It IS VERY different than a competitor hitching a ride in another boat with two separate unbiased officials watching over things. This, too me, kinda sounds like a convenient way to explain away an opportunity to cheat.

Never thought about that, in other instances you have a co-angler or marshall present to watch over things, I would be confident if the HS senario were to take place at other levels team, AAA, Tour, maybe even club level where money is involved the teams would be disqualified, you think Trip Wheldon would let this slide? I don't see this making something out of nothing considering the team involved had already been caught cheating once.

The team from Gainesville that received assistance getting to weigh-in HAS NOT cheated in any of our events. You really should know your facts before commenting.

By the way, your hatred for high school fishing is truly legendary. However, I would bet everything I have that if high school fishing was around back when you were in school, you would have been the first one at your school to sign up.

I dont hate HS fishing. Its intertaining reading. Lol. I love how completely biased it is. Even the post game
BS is completely biased. Youre either a winner or DQed.....Then youre a complete proponent on the internet or an opponent. This topic reeks of hypocrisy . Theyre innocent until proven guilty but in a comment, youre a hater unless proven to be a fan boy.

Again....LOVE ME SOME HIGH SCHOOL BASSIN GOSSIP!!!

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Tom Mayne Fishing Guide Lanes] #13156480 05/16/19 06:52 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tom Mayne Guide Service
The original topic of the post is certainly a valid thing to have on the forum. Unfortunately this thing as taken the same turn it always does. Everyone has a right to their opinion...Many in this thread that I strongly disagree with, and that is ok. However, those of you spreading pure unsubstantiated rumors are just plain sorry! No way around that.

I agree! Why is this post even allowed by the wardens to continue......Need to make a sub topic called "BS" and have these kinds of threads moved....Should be deleted at this point....

Why sweep it under the rug?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13156503 05/16/19 07:05 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

OK FIFY

Never thought about that, in other instances you have a co-angler or marshall present to watch over things, I would be confident if the HS senario were to take place at other levels team, AAA, Tour, maybe even club level where money is involved the teams would be disqualified, you think Trip Wheldon would let this slide? I don't see this making something out of nothing considering that Gainesville had already been caught cheating once.

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13156558 05/16/19 07:50 PM
M
MikeSouza Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
When I read the article, the name of the boat captain did not surprise me. The guy is a total [censored] and has a bad reputation in the Texoma area. Hopefully this ordeal will end all of his tournament fishing for good. Myself and a couple others decided to stop entering tournaments if we knew he was fishing them.

[Linked Image]
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13156567 05/16/19 07:57 PM
Tom Mayne Fishing Guide Lanes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Tom Mayne Guide Service

Why sweep it under the rug?

According to the ORIGINAL post it was not swept under the rug.

Last edited by Tom Mayne Guide Service; 05/16/19 08:04 PM.
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: ssmith] #13156611 05/16/19 08:37 PM
TripletsFish Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by ssmith
the reason it is slow to come out is that with our everybody gets a ribbon mentality the tournament directors don't want to make the hard call that need to be made from time to time when folks go outside the rules. .

That has NOT been my 4 years of experience with our region's tournament director Matt Tolnay. He has had no problem with disqualifying teams for breaking THSBA safety rules, fishing in restricted areas, etc.

PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Texoma
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13164301 05/23/19 04:26 PM
crappie brother Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Just so you guys know the kids on the team and went to their principal. Guess they couldn't deal with the guilt of it all and good for them. The captain won't being able to wiggle out of this one.

Last edited by crappie brother; 05/23/19 04:29 PM.

Tie'm Up-Sack'm Up!
www.woodsandwateroutdoors.com
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide