Forums59
Topics1,039,326
Posts13,962,871
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153942 05/14/19 03:37 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Shallow Waters
Originally Posted by RedEar12
Boy I can't wait I can't wait until these kids stop fishing high school events and move up to bass champs and media and TTZ. It's going to be really interesting

Why? What is going to be interesting about it? My high school senior and his high school senior partner fished THSBA and Media this year. I captained for them in THSBA and in Media they operated the boat themselves and pre-fished, planned, etc, all by themselves because I was fishing the same division of Media against them. I literally cant think of one story from this season of Media or THSBA that anyone would find interesting.

k den

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153943 05/14/19 03:37 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
So my Son was a part of a "HS" shotgun shooting team a few years back. IMO the thing that makes these "HS teams" ripe for cheating is they really have nothing to do with the school and do not fall under the UIL umbrella as far as I know. They often meet at a school and have a sponsoring teacher so they can call it the "whichever HS fishing or shooting team" but in the end they are not really a school sport. In the shooting thing teams would even recruit good shooters from other areas to come shoot on X team even if they did not go to the school the team was "sponsored" by. You have a 501C3 company running a club and calling it a HS sport. No rules other than the ones the company creates, no real sanctioning body. The shotgun thing definitely was that way and we found ourselves paying and enriching the company and their employees but that was it. With scholarship money and prizes on the line, adults are going to cheat to get their baby a scholarship and also so they can brag on their kid. If you want to have a youth tournament trail, awesome but I wish they would stop calling them HS teams because in my mind, and I may be totally off base here but they are not. The other thing that might help would be for UIL to recognize a couple of these popular outdoor sports and have a little oversight. I am not a proponent of Govt., they mess up almost anything they touch but in this case some oversight from someone other than a 501C3 company and whatever rules they create would probably be good.

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Bass Buster1] #13153949 05/14/19 03:40 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
So my Son was a part of a "HS" shotgun shooting team a few years back. IMO the thing that makes these "HS teams" ripe for cheating is they really have nothing to do with the school and do not fall under the UIL umbrella as far as I know. They often meet at a school and have a sponsoring teacher so they can call it the "whichever HS fishing or shooting team" but in the end they are not really a school sport. In the shooting thing teams would even recruit good shooters from other areas to come shoot on X team even if they did not go to the school the team was "sponsored" by. You have a 501C3 company running a club and calling it a HS sport. No rules other than the ones the company creates, no real sanctioning body. The shotgun thing definitely was that way and we found ourselves paying and enriching the company and their employees but that was it. With scholarship money and prizes on the line, adults are going to cheat to get their baby a scholarship and also so they can brag on their kid. If you want to have a youth tournament trail, awesome but I wish they would stop calling them HS teams because in my mind, and I may be totally off base here but they are not. The other thing that might help would be for UIL to recognize a couple of these popular outdoor sports and have a little oversight. I am not a proponent of Govt., they mess up almost anything they touch but in this case some oversight from someone other than a 501C3 company and whatever rules they create would probably be good.

There's a reason that official school/district/UIL sanctioned activities don't involve prize money/scholarships as a reward for success

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: 04champ] #13153952 05/14/19 03:43 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by 04champ
Boy I can't wait I can't wait until these kids stop fishing high school events and move up to bass champs and media and TTZ. It's going to be really interesting

Why? What is going to be interesting about it? My high school senior and his high school senior partner fished THSBA and Media this year. I captained for them in THSBA and in Media they operated the boat themselves and pre-fished, planned, etc, all by themselves because I was fishing the same division of Media against them. I literally cant think of one story from this season of Media or THSBA that anyone would find interesting.

k den

Solid response, thanks for the feedback. My point is that lots of people get on here and say something based on a rumor, or something just completely made up and unsubstantiated based on their biases, but ask them for their basis of the comment or proof of the rumor and you get nothing but a bada$$ comment like "k den".

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153954 05/14/19 03:44 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I congratulate all of the highschoolers who are learning to fish tournaments without cheating

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: RedEar12] #13153960 05/14/19 03:46 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Mark I see your point but tournament directors should also grow a pair and have the right to refuse service to anyone just like the rest of Americas businesses

So you think American businesses have "The Right to Refuse Service to Anyone"? hmmm

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Shallow Waters] #13153965 05/14/19 03:49 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by 04champ

k den

Solid response, thanks for the feedback. My point is that lots of people get on here and say something based on a rumor, or something just completely made up and unsubstantiated based on their biases, but ask them for their basis of the comment or proof of the rumor and you get nothing but a bada$$ comment like "k den".

The link posted on the first page of the confirmed story with charges being pursued is not a rumor. Nor are the teams that were disqualified from Lewisville. So that is two events that have documented proof, not just hearsay. I'm not sure what else you are looking for. Mug shots maybe?

Go Tech
Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153967 05/14/19 03:50 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
If you're suspected of being a cheater, you can't fish my tournaments.

Are you going to argue that ?

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: RedEar12] #13153968 05/14/19 03:53 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

I agree.

Hopefully no one is advocating that a team/angler DQd for a lifejacket violation not be allowed to fish any future tournaments.

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153972 05/14/19 03:54 PM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Absolutely not Mark Just cheating violations or suspicion of cheating

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: bassfinder78155] #13153980 05/14/19 03:56 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933

The link posted on the first page of the confirmed story with charges being pursued is not a rumor. Nor are the teams that were disqualified from Lewisville. So that is two events that have documented proof, not just hearsay. I'm not sure what else you are looking for. Mug shots maybe?

So the linked story has soemthing to do with how the kids are going to make Media, champs, and TTZ interesting? I guess I am not following this far enough down the rabbit hole. Also, are you saying that this cheating is somehow limited to hgih school fishing events only, because I beleive this thread has also confirmed that this same guy has been caught cheating in other tournaments. Can we assume that it will be "interesting" when the participants of these other tournaments "move up to bass champs and media and TTZ"?

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: RedEar12] #13153986 05/14/19 03:59 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

I'm with you. cheers

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: RedEar12] #13153994 05/14/19 04:02 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

suspicion of cheating? So two of the guys on this forum who are always complaining (about hs tourneys, mlf, flw, bla bla bla that they dont have to watch or follow) enter your tourney and both say they saw xxx the guy whos been winning most of them breaking a rule and that guy is gone due to suspicion..hahaha good luck with that. If youve been on this forum for more than a month you know there are a whole bunch of guys who would certainly band together if they thought they could get rid of competition.

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: RedEar12] #13153996 05/14/19 04:02 PM
S
Shallow Waters Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S

I completely agree with this.

Re: High School fish tournament fraud [Re: Shallow Waters] #13154009 05/14/19 04:07 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted by RedRaider3933

So the linked story has soemthing to do with how the kids are going to make Media, champs, and TTZ interesting? I guess I am not following this far enough down the rabbit hole. Also, are you saying that this cheating is somehow limited to hgih school fishing events only, because I beleive this thread has also confirmed that this same guy has been caught cheating in other tournaments. Can we assume that it will be "interesting" when the participants of these other tournaments "move up to bass champs and media and TTZ"?

I wasn't talking about Media, TTZ, Champs. I was simply stating that there is substantial proof that there are two well documented cases of blatant cheating, one included in the original post. You said people get on here talking about rumors or unsubstantiated events based on bias, I was just providing two instances that were neither rumor nor unsubstantiated. I am not disputing the fact that the guy has been caught cheating in higher level events. That being said, with captains displaying this behavior to their relatively unexperienced kids, it could have an effect on how they compete in larger events.

Go Tech
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide