Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110102 04/01/19 07:15 PM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
What's A Weigh In?

Team Wolfs
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: J.H.S.] #13110121 04/01/19 07:34 PM
Tubby Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Because I had to! Part of the job.
quote=Josh Seale]
Originally Posted by Tubby
How about that Dink fest ? lol Big fish all week end. I have been to probably over a hundred Elite weigh ins
and it makes for a long day! And boring.

And yet you still went? To over a 100? [/quote]
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Originally Posted by Tubby
How about that Dink fest ? lol Big fish all week end. I have been to probably over a hundred Elite weigh ins
and it makes for a long day! And boring.

And yet you still went? To over a 100?

Last edited by Tubby; 04/01/19 07:37 PM.
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110337 04/01/19 11:36 PM
F
Fish2222 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
IMO....Live weigh-ins are an outdated spectacle, hard on the fish, and a money grab on some levels.
However, the "show" aspect is evidently important to fans. Looks like we have a quandary.

"I only catch the ones that bite"
BassCat Sabre
Mercury EFI 175
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110375 04/01/19 11:57 PM
L
Lil joe Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Mark jones, i guess you have some sort of financial attachment to the BPT since you are so insistent on shoving it down the throats of everyone who says they do not like it.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110414 04/02/19 12:34 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I'm not really particular about whose or what tournament it is I just enjoy watching them catching fish but my real purpose for watching is learning. Learning how, why, when, where and what technique they're using so that it will help me catch'em too. I can learn from all kinds of tournaments, big bass, 5 fish or catch/weigh/ release if they show and tell. Some of the anglers are better than others at show and tell and those are my faves. Good luck with all the tournament trails especially the Texas trails.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110423 04/02/19 12:46 AM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Im all about that check you get at the end of the day. Other than that, who cares how you weigh them.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Der Vorsteher] #13110451 04/02/19 01:04 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
What's A Weigh In?

WAWI, wanna handle this question for him?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Lil joe] #13110580 04/02/19 02:57 AM
M
McLovin’ Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by Lil joe
Mark jones, i guess you have some sort of economic attachment to the BPT since you are so insistent on shoving it done the throats of everyone who says they do not like it.

LMAO...I've wondered the same thing myself after reading all this weigh in vs no weigh in and live every catch counts deal. Anyone that ever offers a different preference, He tends to get the panties all wadded up for sure

I'm a fisherman so I like watching both but this format will NOT be taking over bass tournaments all over, let's get real. MLF is usually a dink fest...but they will hit lakes at certain times of the year that produce some great fish, as they did in NC but that will not be the norm.
Again, I enjoy watching both because it's bass fishing...

99% of bass tournaments are still based on best 5 fish weight...when that percentage gets under 90%, we can talk about "great format change" in the industry

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: McLovin’] #13110587 04/02/19 03:00 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Mudbone
Mark jones, i guess you have some sort of economic attachment to the BPT since you are so insistent on shoving it done the throats of everyone who says they do not like it.

LMAO...I've wondered the same thing myself after reading all this weigh in vs no weigh in and live every catch counts deal. Anyone that ever offers a different preference, He tends to get the panties all wadded up for sure

I'm a fisherman so I like watching both but this format will NOT be taking over bass tournaments all over, let's get real. MLF is usually a dink fest...but they will hit lakes at certain times of the year that produce some great fish, as they did in NC but that will not be the norm.

99% of bass tournaments are still based on best 5 fish weight...when that percentage gets under 90%, we can talk about "great format change" in the industry

Yep, he sure does get defensive of anyone that doesnt like the format. Funny thing is that his Big Bass Tour has its own little weigh-ins. And what fish matter there??? Only the big ones.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Stompy] #13110653 04/02/19 05:44 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Stompy
Don't need a weight in, like the MLF format better.

[Linked Image]
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110698 04/02/19 11:43 AM
Tjbev13 Offline
Angler
Angler
I dont understand the MLF is a "Dink fest" comment... Do you think that all day long during a Elite event the whole field isn't out there catching some .5-1lb fish? Of course they are, they just dont show most of it. Just because its a elite event those guys aren't catching 3lb fish all day long and culling every cast they make. With MLF counting every fish, benefiting them showing as many fish catches a possible, it allows us as viewers and of course fellow anglers see these guys develop a pattern and figure the fish out. They are out there to flat out catch fish, they want to catch big fish, no doubt in my mind. Good for the sport, good for the fish, great for the anglers IMO

Here is one thing that I would push for... Make the classic the "end all be all" of bass tournament fisherman. There should be some kind of points system to rank the top bass anglers world wide, X number of those anglers (top 80 or 100) get the invite) and it is the Major tournament of the world. Not just Bass Elites.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: grout-scout] #13110745 04/02/19 12:44 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Mudbone

Yep, he sure does get defensive of anyone that doesnt like the format. Funny thing is that his Big Bass Tour has its own little weigh-ins. And what fish matter there??? Only the big ones.

Im fairly certain theres several things Ive made clear in these thread discussions but for those of you still confused, here goes. I like weigh ins too and yep we run them. Im 100% clear that, at the current time, grassroots events still require a weigh in and yes our agency does work for MLF. What I asked for in this thread is everyones thoughts after seeing three events now with some pretty compelling endings, if the weigh-in is really needed?

Its in my opinion the best way to watch the pro level event and it is the future at the grass roots level as our tech continues to advance. Theres always going to be options for one fish, five fish or CWR style tournaments and yes various weigh in options but change is coming.

There, now we can be friends again...

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Tjbev13] #13110753 04/02/19 12:48 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Tjbev13

Here is one thing that I would push for... Make the classic the "end all be all" of bass tournament fisherman. There should be some kind of points system to rank the top bass anglers world wide, X number of those anglers (top 80 or 100) get the invite) and it is the Major tournament of the world. Not just Bass Elites.

This would be great but highly unlikely given the current situation between the leagues. If I ran BASS I would immediately have the Classic include the top anglers from all three leagues, especially after seeing the turnout at this latest Classic but I dont see it happening.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110760 04/02/19 12:51 PM
MikeSwain48 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
New Format, plus it protects the resource. Sure wish Regional and Local Clubs would adopt this practice

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110782 04/02/19 01:12 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
So to further derail this thread, let me ask this. How do you think local clubs, regional, or events like bass champs would implement the MLF format? This will require a plan that is atleast as fool proof as the current system, which admittedly still doesnt stop all cheaters and they will try no matter what system is in place. You have to think of the cost of the system whether that will be on the anglers either by requirements or thru entry fees, or on the organization and they just eat the costs. Mark believes the cameras will be that system, so theres that point of view. I think cost is the factor there but who knows in years to come. That could be an option. To be specific, when I say the MLF format I just mean the weigh and release, still could be best 5 or total weight. And remember that every boat need an official scale that is calibrated and possibly a back up system ready to go.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide