Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109417 04/01/19 01:54 AM
I
IIIMag Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Weigh-ins as a rule are boring to me. BLat's win was exceptional drama, but in the scheme of an entire season, it is not worth it to me to watch the run-of-the-mill weigh-ins for the rare payoff of a BLat-type win. The MLF format has quickly grown on me. I am a fan!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Frank the Tank] #13109447 04/01/19 02:23 AM
O
OldChamp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Why do we have to choose? We have 3 tours now. Enjoy!

This!

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: kellisag] #13109452 04/01/19 02:28 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by kellisag
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Lame. Its just like knowing the end of a movie. Ruins it.

I disagree. Watching BASS live, having it cut off before the end then having to watch through an hour weigh in is like watching a movie, getting to the good part then making you watch 1hr of credits before you can see the end of the movie.

valid point. The lag time is because of the off site weigh in.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109470 04/01/19 02:51 AM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Have always been a BASS fan but watched my first full BPT event this past week and that format kills the best 5 format. Admit it...with BASS we all wanted to know who also caught the most fish and the most total weight. Now we know, and we know their best five if we want to as well.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: criglizard] #13109584 04/01/19 12:07 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by criglizard
Have always been a BASS fan but watched my first full BPT event this past week and that format kills the best 5 format. Admit it...with BASS we all wanted to know who also caught the most fish and the most total weight. Now we know, and we know their best five if we want to as well.

I have never once thought about who caught the most fish in a regular format. I also dont think the bpt format "kills" the 5 fish deal but it is another option to watch. The first response really says it all though, "what tournament?"

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109627 04/01/19 12:50 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
If you watched the last hour of the MLF Live yesterday, and weren't on the edge of your seat, you're brain dead.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109733 04/01/19 02:21 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by the skipper
I have never once thought about who caught the most fish in a regular format. I also dont think the bpt format "kills" the 5 fish deal but it is another option to watch. The first response really says it all though, "what tournament?"

Ok, well I think you're an exception. It has been posted on here and other message boards literally hundreds of times. I know that when I talk to my regular fishing buddies, my guide buddies, and the few guys I know fishing pro....the conversation always includes "We caught this many, our biggest was this...". We so rarely say "our biggest 5 would have been 18 pounds" or whatever. So to me, MLF represents how most people think about fishing.

What you guys are missing too is that MLF/BPT could easily throw in a tournament that counts their best 5, best 7, best 12, whatever they want. It's a flexible format that is very entertaining. Word is....BASS is moving the same direction. Who will you hate on then?

To clarify, I don't mean that BPT will kill off the 5 fish format. That will be around forever, especially with smaller tournaments. I meant that, in my opinion, it's more entertaining to see every fish count towards a total versus watching one guy catch way more fish and total weight but the winner caught exactly 5 fish that day, including an 8 pounder, and then went 5 hours without a bite.

Oh and if you didn't know that 80 of the worlds top bass anglers were fishing a tournament Tuesday-Sunday last week, then you're missing out on some very good fishing.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109737 04/01/19 02:25 PM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Big fish , Big Stage , Big Dreams

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: criglizard] #13109759 04/01/19 02:43 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

Ok, well I think you're an exception. It has been posted on here and other message boards literally hundreds of times. I know that when I talk to my regular fishing buddies, my guide buddies, and the few guys I know fishing pro....the conversation always includes "We caught this many, our biggest was this...". We so rarely say "our biggest 5 would have been 18 pounds" or whatever. So to me, MLF represents how most people think about fishing.

What you guys are missing too is that MLF/BPT could easily throw in a tournament that counts their best 5, best 7, best 12, whatever they want. It's a flexible format that is very entertaining. Word is....BASS is moving the same direction. Who will you hate on then?

To clarify, I don't mean that BPT will kill off the 5 fish format. That will be around forever, especially with smaller tournaments. I meant that, in my opinion, it's more entertaining to see every fish count towards a total versus watching one guy catch way more fish and total weight but the winner caught exactly 5 fish that day, including an 8 pounder, and then went 5 hours without a bite.

Oh and if you didn't know that 80 of the worlds top bass anglers were fishing a tournament Tuesday-Sunday last week, then you're missing out on some very good fishing.

I dont hate any of them. I'm far from the exception though. But to each his own. You shouldn't take it personally though

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109824 04/01/19 03:35 PM
F
Fishinchristian Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I will weigh in on this one!!! hahaha I think personally that both formats have their places and cater to different audiences and also the same audience. What I mean by that is the tournament fisherman like myself that doesn't fish professional events is fishing a 5 fish format and since at the present time it is not financially feasible for these smaller local tournaments to do what MLF/BPT is doing. as a fisherman comparing what you are able to achieve (with proven results not just your word ) resonates better when you are competing in a similar format. I went to rayburn this past weekend and caught a lot of fish 20+ in 8 hours on the water it was a good day had a lot of fun with the MLF format I would have had an unimpressive 40+lbs (thats a 2lb average) I would have traded all of those fish to catch 1 10+lb fish. When i am on the water i am not praying for just that tick on the end of my line i am usually praying for that tick followed by a solid hook set the boiling of the water and some drag spooling. to me it is more impressive to see someone weigh in a five fish limit weighing 25+ lbs than to see someone weigh 100 fish for 200lbs.

I think they should add a layer of drama and strategy to the format MLF has, put a cap on the number of fish you can weigh per day at 10! make them decide right there do i weigh this 1.5-2lb fish or throw it back? if you weigh the fish you cannot cull that weight it is locked in. It sure would show who has the confidence in the way they are fishing

I couldn't imagine the pressure if they had that as a rule in 5 limit fishing "if you put it in the livewell you cant cull it"

My equipment:
2017 skeeter zx250 Yamaha 250 pro pole Minn Kota Ultrex
2017 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4 Laramie

Amphibia.com

�Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Matthew 7:1-2 (NIV)

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13109892 04/01/19 04:32 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I love the live weights and knowing what everyone has as a fan.

So I don't care about weight in or no weigh in.

I just prefer heaviest 5, and I think it would be even more interesting if fishermen had no clue what their competitors had. Make them fish like they are down 1 lb all day long even if they are up by 10. Also makes it harder to figure out what pattern is working, make them figure it out on their own. Now they know who is hammering them and can kind of see what they are doing.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: the skipper] #13109977 04/01/19 05:48 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I dont hate any of them. I'm far from the exception though. But to each his own. You shouldn't take it personally though

Nothing personal here and meant the "who will you hate on" to the overall naysayers, not specifically you. I watch BPT and BASS, so I consider my opinion as having more perspective than the guys that say they don't like one format but haven't actually watched both formats. Also more interested in the thoughts of those who have at least tried watching both formats versus "It's so lame I haven't even watched it".

However, I do think you are among the few that have "never once" thought about an anglers entire day of fishing and only care about the largest 5 fish he caught during the day. If that's the case, then these new formats of streaming the entire day are probably a waste of your time.

Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110059 04/01/19 06:37 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Watch the weigh in at the Classic and then watch the last 10 minutes of the final day of a MLF. I still think its funny when the angler looks at the judge and says did I win? But that's just me.

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: Mark Jones] #13110077 04/01/19 06:51 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I think the end of the tourney may be a bit less climactic then the traditional five bass format but the entire day is a whole lot more fun to watch. To see the shifts in pattern and momentum as well as watching the leaderboard to see how the anglers react to the movement of the others is priceless. All of this is lost in the traditional format. Not to mention the conservation of the resource, reduced post-tournament mortality in those hotter months and above all, not watching five pounders get boat flipped and flop all over the boat carpet. I don't understand why a rubber net is so evil we have to outlaw them.

As others have said..... it's another option for those of us fanatics. I do understand why some of you prefer the weigh in, I personally do not.

[Linked Image]
Re: For all you "weigh in" guys... [Re: criglizard] #13110084 04/01/19 06:57 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

Nothing personal here and meant the "who will you hate on" to the overall naysayers, not specifically you. I watch BPT and BASS, so I consider my opinion as having more perspective than the guys that say they don't like one format but haven't actually watched both formats. Also more interested in the thoughts of those who have at least tried watching both formats versus "It's so lame I haven't even watched it".

However, I do think you are among the few that have "never once" thought about an anglers entire day of fishing and only care about the largest 5 fish he caught during the day. If that's the case, then these new formats of streaming the entire day are probably a waste of your time.

I've watched both. I'm just not that interested in MLf any more. But your first reply said "with BASS we all wanted to know who also caught the most fish and the most total weight." I took that as in the BASS tournaments. I've never wondered how many fish KVD caught to get to 25lbs or any other angler in really any 5 fish tournament. I'm not alone in that by no means. Now just for a regular day I will tell someone we caught a bunch but nothing big if that happens. It's just my opinion but depending on the body of water if all I'm catching is a bunch of little ones I'm not really considering me doing that great. I go out looking for a better than average bite. Just me though

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide