Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: J.H.S.] #13103711 03/26/19 05:10 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Id also be curious to know how many are on the bandwagon simply because the big names made the move and not because they actually have a rea argument as to why BPT is better than BASS. I havent seen any real arguments other than what you have been told to believe.

I'm not on any bandwagon and not arguing anything..............BPT/MLF are another fishing show that I enjoy watching when I can't fish. I think BPT and FLW both have BASS beat on the live portion of these tournies, but I fully expect BASS to improve there and am not disappointed in their current coverage. I'm just glad to have more to watch when I can.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Hunter's Dad] #13103716 03/26/19 05:12 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Hunter's Dad
You dont have to buy to be sold on something. Fans want excitement. BPT isnt exciting. There is no family atmosphere. Like it or not fishing only exists to a small % of us. You have to cater to the masses to generate interest. BPT might grab the hardcore guys, but the average Joe isnt going to pass up their favorite TV show watch someone catch a fish, especially if they are railing small ones. It doesnt matter if there are 8 hours or 1800 hours. The commentary is bland and very uninteresting, and at times can be too technical for someone who doesnt understand the sport. Remember, they arent trying to get those of us who already fish interested in the sport. Seems to me like a good ole boys trail they put together to get away from big bad BASS. Once again. JMO.

My experience is the exact opposite. My wife has never had any interest in any fishing show but MLF. My son is an 18 year old high school fishermens that is one of the top at that level. He doesnt watch BASS or FLW but does follow MLF and now BPT.

Hunters Dad, you state that your son finds MLF more entertaining and it catches his attention for a bit longer. Well what do you do when you take your son fishing in the real world and you arent able to edit fish catches like MLF does?

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Walls] #13103729 03/26/19 05:16 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by 5X3Phoenix
Id also be curious to know how many are on the bandwagon simply because the big names made the move and not because they actually have a rea argument as to why BPT is better than BASS. I havent seen any real arguments other than what you have been told to believe.

I'm not on any bandwagon and not arguing anything..............BPT/MLF are another fishing show that I enjoy watching when I can't fish. I think BPT and FLW both have BASS beat on the live portion of these tournies, but I fully expect BASS to improve there and am not disappointed in their current coverage. I'm just glad to have more to watch when I can.

FLW live is bad. Like real bad. There could be an argument for mlf but it's an argument that can't be won. But flw..... Live..... Crack is wack. Heck they need to get out of whatever county in Kentucky they headquarter in to find a new web designer. What a beating that site is. Love me some flw other wise.

Last edited by Used2fish; 03/26/19 05:17 PM.
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: grout-scout] #13103819 03/26/19 06:15 PM
H
Hunter's Dad Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Hunter's Dad
You dont have to buy to be sold on something. Fans want excitement. BPT isnt exciting. There is no family atmosphere. Like it or not fishing only exists to a small % of us. You have to cater to the masses to generate interest. BPT might grab the hardcore guys, but the average Joe isnt going to pass up their favorite TV show watch someone catch a fish, especially if they are railing small ones. It doesnt matter if there are 8 hours or 1800 hours. The commentary is bland and very uninteresting, and at times can be too technical for someone who doesnt understand the sport. Remember, they arent trying to get those of us who already fish interested in the sport. Seems to me like a good ole boys trail they put together to get away from big bad BASS. Once again. JMO.

My experience is the exact opposite. My wife has never had any interest in any fishing show but MLF. My son is an 18 year old high school fishermens that is one of the top at that level. He doesnt watch BASS or FLW but does follow MLF and now BPT.

Hunters Dad, you state that your son finds MLF more entertaining and it catches his attention for a bit longer. Well what do you do when you take your son fishing in the real world and you arent able to edit fish catches like MLF does?

When he takes me fishing luckily fish catches generally come at a rate comparative to MLF live stream.
High School All-American regards.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13103852 03/26/19 06:35 PM
BoomBoom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't want to see any trail fail. Hope they are all successful. More stuff for me to watch and learn. I grew up with BASS and the Classic. So many fond memories. Would suck to see the demise of BASS.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Used2fish] #13103883 03/26/19 07:00 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Used2fish

FLW live is bad. Like real bad. There could be an argument for mlf but it's an argument that can't be won. But flw..... Live..... Crack is wack. Heck they need to get out of whatever county in Kentucky they headquarter in to find a new web designer. What a beating that site is. Love me some flw other wise.

I agree that their website is horrible.......but if you can finally get to the live link, it's good. No crack involved.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13103895 03/26/19 07:11 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Of course I have watched it. Unlike some I develop my opinions based upon my experiences. I don't jump into debates without doing my homework (accounting person here). I am very analytical and business minded. BPT can't sustain the current model of no entries, which means at some point sponsors will have to continue to put up big money. Big money comes from attracting new clientele. If you are not a fan based format, which Boyd has stated BPT is not (at least not yet), how are you providing a platform for your anglers to sell their sponsors? Also, the average Joe works during the week (which is when their live events happen), how does the average Joe watch? The weigh-ins are a joke. The fish catches aren't generally all that exciting. I see more spinning tackle and small baits in the BPT format than I care to watch. Once again, I would be real curious to know how many of you would have a complete change of heart had the bigger names not left. Clearly this is an unqualified opinion, as I am a nobody in the fishing industry, but this is my opinion. Aside from all that, the semantics of the whole format are not logical on the grassroot trails. I believe someone had mentioned it earlier about "if you don't like the high entry fee now, just wait until putting on a tournament costs even more". Start adding in marshalls, IPAD's, scales and so on and entry fee's become astronomical. You will never phase out BASS or the 5 fish stringer. As long as people are lining up to fish the Opens to have a chance at making the Classic or qualifying for the Elites, BASS will be fine.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Used2fish] #13103903 03/26/19 07:17 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Used2fish

FLW live is just as good as BASS, last year it was better because they weren't running commercials every 2 seconds and actually showed the anglers fishing, the BASS live mix has been a nice addition this year and they seemed to have cut back on whoring themselves out as much for advertisers.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13103915 03/26/19 07:26 PM
EZ_Legend Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Johnny will be along shortly to step in and buy it....

barf

2003 Legend LE21
Optimax 225
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: J.H.S.] #13103916 03/26/19 07:26 PM
H
Hunter's Dad Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Of course I have watched it. Unlike some I develop my opinions based upon my experiences. I don't jump into debates without doing my homework (accounting person here). I am very analytical and business minded. BPT can't sustain the current model of no entries, which means at some point sponsors will have to continue to put up big money. Big money comes from attracting new clientele. If you are not a fan based format, which Boyd has stated BPT is not (at least not yet), how are you providing a platform for your anglers to sell their sponsors? Also, the average Joe works during the week (which is when their live events happen), how does the average Joe watch? The weigh-ins are a joke. The fish catches aren't generally all that exciting. I see more spinning tackle and small baits in the BPT format than I care to watch. Once again, I would be real curious to know how many of you would have a complete change of heart had the bigger names not left. Clearly this is an unqualified opinion, as I am a nobody in the fishing industry, but this is my opinion. Aside from all that, the semantics of the whole format are not logical on the grassroot trails. I believe someone had mentioned it earlier about "if you don't like the high entry fee now, just wait until putting on a tournament costs even more". Start adding in marshalls, IPAD's, scales and so on and entry fee's become astronomical. You will never phase out BASS or the 5 fish stringer. As long as people are lining up to fish the Opens to have a chance at making the Classic or qualifying for the Elites, BASS will be fine.

We can agee that BPT wouldnt have the following if the big names hadnt left. My opinion is that the fisherman are what drive everything not just the orginazation. I agree all the Anglers owe a lot to Ray Scott for starting this whole thing and BASS for getting it to this point. Still I want to watch the best compete no matter what the format.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13103979 03/26/19 08:06 PM
P
popcork Offline
Angler
Angler
P
I normally do not weigh in on posts like these, but I could not resist. As a tournament fisherman, watcher and just plain fan of the sport I think each one has something to offer us all. I like to see the weigh-in and find out what they caught them on and plug their sponsors. I get a great deal of joy in watching someone who is more accomplished than I am doing what I love to do and showing off big fish. I also like to watch the anglers decipher a lake after just a quick run through it. I guess I am just a fan of the sport rather than a fan of various pro's. Honestly, I would love to see the champions from each league (AOY), FLW cup champ, Classic champ have a fish-off to see who is the world champ. Just to make it nostalgic put them on a plane and tell them where they are fishing or make it like the old BASS megabucks tournaments where they have to fish holes.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: J.H.S.] #13104011 03/26/19 08:19 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

BPT/MLF can sustain itself without entry fees because they are monetizing the full property now, not just TV. The network side of this (Outdoor Channel) was monetizing MLF already and it's profitable. Now they're going to monetize BPT the property as well and throw the digital piece in with that now that they've built a real website for the new Tour. Also, at any point if it starts to get squeezed, the anglers (many of whom are equity owners) can choose to re-instate entry fees. They'll likely never need to subsidize it again as long as their numbers continue and they build out. There's plenty of money over there and no one's running out anytime soon...

Again, as I've stated 10 times, the tech will solve all of the issues related to "refereeing" this at the grass roots level it will just take a while to prove out and no, entry fees won't be affected at any real level. Let it play out. It's going to be fine.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13104029 03/26/19 08:31 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Again, Mark, I go back to the 3 year period. Is that out the window now or is buying the FLW the only way to make that happen? I believe that's why the thread was started. I guess your part of the MLF or BPT, maybe a marketing person or something for them. So I get the positivity beyond reality, not that it's a bad thing, it is what drives the world forward. So ofcourse you would want all of those things to be the future and not back off that statement. Will it happen, maybe so, but maybe no. Theres a real possibility of some economic impact that cuts the money out from under MLF or any tournament organization because after all, there is only a limited audience. So, at the end of this 3 year guarantee or whatever deal was made we will see how it unfolds. I see where each tour has draw power for any type of fan to choose so I see no reason the 3 cant make it, atleast for a while. I personally dont think the TV stuff plays out much in the future so there will be changes but that doesnt mean it kills MLF. They will just adapt.

Re: Flw purchased? [Re: KenTx1962] #13104038 03/26/19 08:36 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B

DENVER Outdoor Channels Major League Fishing and Major League Fishing All Angles helped the network deliver impressive audience ratings during the first quarter of 2018. The shows lead the network and ranked as the No. 1 and No. 2 regularly-scheduled series during Q1 2018, respectively. Major League Fishing continues to increase its audience delivery on Outdoor Channel as it gained +8 percent increase in households and +22 percent increase among Men 25-54 from one year ago.

Major League Fishingalso helped propel World Fishing Networkto an impressive first quarter of the year in audience average, as well as all dayparts including: weekday daytime, fringe, primetime and weekends. Major League Fishing delivered seven of the top 10 telecasts on the network and was WFNs top-rated telecast for 11 straight weeks during the quarter. World Fishing Networks 1Q success included ratings and audience upticks of +7 percent in weekday daytime; +19 percent in fringe; +21 percent in primetime and +16 percent on the weekend.

Major League Fishingsunique format has elevated the excitement of bass fishing and is revolutionizing the sport, Outdoor Sportsman Group President and CEO, Jim Liberatore said. This revolution is changing the way people enjoy bass fishing events and certainly has captured the passions of our audiences.

https://www.multichannel.com/pr-fee...livers-impressive-first-quarter-audience

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: Flw purchased? [Re: the skipper] #13104086 03/26/19 09:19 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by the skipper
Again, Mark, I go back to the 3 year period. Is that out the window now or is buying the FLW the only way to make that happen? I believe that's why the thread was started. I guess your part of the MLF or BPT, maybe a marketing person or something for them. So I get the positivity beyond reality, not that it's a bad thing, it is what drives the world forward. So ofcourse you would want all of those things to be the future and not back off that statement. Will it happen, maybe so, but maybe no. Theres a real possibility of some economic impact that cuts the money out from under MLF or any tournament organization because after all, there is only a limited audience. So, at the end of this 3 year guarantee or whatever deal was made we will see how it unfolds. I see where each tour has draw power for any type of fan to choose so I see no reason the 3 cant make it, atleast for a while. I personally dont think the TV stuff plays out much in the future so there will be changes but that doesnt mean it kills MLF. They will just adapt.

Don't disagree with the TV part, and my role with MLF/BPT is small and related to our agency work. Separate that from the fact that the format is simply more compelling for the masses to watch. I see the value of all of the Pro Tours and want them all to succeed and believe they can. We have relationships with all three pro properties and we own our own tournament property, so I don't want one to win or lose over the other. I'm simply seeing the trends in our sport, backed by raw data, not opinions. Live coverage for our sport is the new measuring stick and the real opportunity and I've seen BASS' live numbers and MLF's numbers and they're both impressive.

My personal opinion is that MLF/BPT doesn't have to scale their platform down to grass roots, college or high school to succeed. They simply need a feeder series for the Pro Tour and that will be a layup for them. Now if there's truth to the FLW acquisition, then clearly they will have a top down platform and be ready to roll at all levels. Like I've said before, there's a lot of smart people there and plenty of money. Time will tell the story.

And finally, who cares if it takes another 3 years, 5 years or 10 years for a CWR format to become the main format at the grass roots level anyway? Anglers are still going to fish first, compete first and watch second. It's why I don't understand the disdain from some on here with these threads. It's like MLF has stolen their girlfriend and they don't know what to do...

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide