Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13027714 01/13/19 01:08 PM
T
tech Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
The defense got there socks knocked off, Richards stays....

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13027723 01/13/19 01:34 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
How good will they be next year? Hope will be high. Garretts always been able to follow up a decent record with a poor one. Maybe this time is the charm?

Until he goes winning a wildcard game will get people excited. He isn't going so it's more seasons of mediocrity. If the Patriots only won a wildcard round they would be pissed. In Dallas that drives hope. In 8 seasons of Garrett coaching they have won a total of two wildcard games and now lost 3 division round games.

That is the difference in a organization dedicated to winning the Super Bowl every year and one that's not.

Now with free agency you are constantly rebuilding. Also a top level RB typically gives maybe 6 solid seasons max. You have a talent window to win in. It can't always be next year.

If I were a owner the coach would get 5 years to have the team a threat in the playoffs meaning they at least get to the Conference Championship. If not take a real hard look at if the coach stays or goes.

I will say they go 10-6 or 9-7 next year which probably wins the division. One and done or a wildcard round win again.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #13027735 01/13/19 01:49 PM
M
MrRoachie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
"A very young team with lots of potential"

So what... another 25 years or so and it's Super Bowl?

roflmao

God loves you just as much as anybody else!!

Jesus offered His life as a gift for you. Please accept it!
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: RedRanger] #13027741 01/13/19 01:54 PM
senko9S Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Sometimes you just get beat.

let me see you are passing like a champ, and get a short yardage play in the 2nd half and you decide to run on 4th an 1. stupid decision.

Yes sometimes you get beat, but don't beat yourself...............

if you cant make a fourth in 1 during the playoffs running the ball then you shouldn't belong there. cmon red, is throwing a spinnerbait the only thing you know, wait, yes it is...

Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Fishspanker] #13027755 01/13/19 02:09 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
How good will they be next year? Hope will be high. Garretts always been able to follow up a decent record with a poor one. Maybe this time is the charm?

Until he goes winning a wildcard game will get people excited. He isn't going so it's more seasons of mediocrity. If the Patriots only won a wildcard round they would be pissed. In Dallas that drives hope. In 8 seasons of Garrett coaching they have won a total of two wildcard games and now lost 3 division round games.

That is the difference in a organization dedicated to winning the Super Bowl every year and one that's not.

Now with free agency you are constantly rebuilding. Also a top level RB typically gives maybe 6 solid seasons max. You have a talent window to win in. It can't always be next year.

If I were a owner the coach would get 5 years to have the team a threat in the playoffs meaning they at least get to the Conference Championship. If not take a real hard look at if the coach stays or goes.

I will say they go 10-6 or 9-7 next year which probably wins the division. One and done or a wildcard round win again.

Why would hope not be high, they have the youngest team in the NFL, they have a lot of talent, I look at it as a stepping stone, what happened to the Rams last year ? As far as predictions go, that is comical, they have not cleaned out their lockers, gone through the draft, dealt with free agents and you have them at 9-7 or 10-6, hell they are mediocre so why not go 8-8. Heck all they need to do is get an Aaron Rodgers playing QB and Aaron Donald or Khali Mack on the defense and they will be set. I did not expect them to win this game, there is a reason they were 7 1/2 point dogs, and if they were out coached it had to be on the defensive side, they gave up a record for rushing yards. The fact of the matter is they got beat by a better team who was rested and very well prepared.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13027772 01/13/19 02:24 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Clearly, LA Rams were the better team. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The Cowboys were better than 75% of the other NFL teams this year and they really made a respectable run. But they got horned in the end......I can already feel it for next year.....SOOOOOOPA!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13027870 01/13/19 03:17 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
I think 10-6 is a great prediction. I see no reason to think theyll be better. Still Jerruh the joke running it. Still red Clappy coaching. Richard wasnt so great last night. Why would they be better? Just because theyre young? They played a weak schedule this year. They sucked against good team like Indy and Rams. They did play great and way above their capabilities against saints. Even a blind squirrel. Be happy with 10-6 and 2nd round. Its all your getting with Jerruh and red Clappy at the helm. banana

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Frank the Tank] #13027954 01/13/19 03:52 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I think 10-6 is a great prediction. I see no reason to think theyll be better. Still Jerruh the joke running it. Still red Clappy coaching. Richard wasnt so great last night. Why would they be better? Just because theyre young? They played a weak schedule this year. They sucked against good team like Indy and Rams. They did play great and way above their capabilities against saints. Even a blind squirrel. Be happy with 10-6 and 2nd round. Its all your getting with Jerruh and red Clappy at the helm. banana

Well Frank, good young players tend to get better with experience, they have the draft and free agency coming up, can you comprehend that ? Did they improve from last year ? Why don't you go over to the G O A T thread and hang out there in place of trying to aggravate Cowboy fans.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: JRGOCARDS] #13027957 01/13/19 03:54 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
I've always thought that the Bye week was worth 7-10 points. Hard to win against a team with the bye week.

JR

+1

Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Happykamper] #13027967 01/13/19 04:08 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Happykamper

Well Frank, good young players tend to get better with experience, they have the draft and free agency coming up, can you comprehend that ? Did they improve from last year ? Why don't you go over to the G O A T thread and hang out there in place of trying to aggravate Cowboy fans.

Im just saying what you and everyone knows. No change at top = no change

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Frank the Tank] #13028000 01/13/19 04:40 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Your have not been paying attention, there has been change at the top, Stephen Jones and Will McClay, no change at coach but this is now totally Garrett type players, if he takes another step next year then all good, if not then he may be sent packing reguardless of contract extension.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13028081 01/13/19 05:29 PM
1ShotNoKills Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Thanks Cowboys

[Linked Image]

Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Frank the Tank] #13028106 01/13/19 06:06 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

Yep. Yet every year Cowboy fans expect to contend for the Super Bowl even though they haven't challenged for it in over 20 years with the last 8 under Garrett. They are a optimistic bunch you have to give them that. However it stymies their objectivity. You know what they say about doing the same thing but expecting different results? They will tell you they aren't doing the same thing...it's different but at the top it isn't. That's where the changes needs to occur but will not.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: Tritonman] #13028166 01/13/19 07:08 PM
Trunkful Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
cheers

Re: Thanks Cowboys [Re: 1ShotNoKills] #13028170 01/13/19 07:11 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F