Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,453
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12943798 10/24/18 10:25 AM
Atta Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Greg won the Sabine River Elite event. Doesnt that quallify him anyways?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12943803 10/24/18 10:38 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
No^^

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12943853 10/24/18 12:01 PM
T
TxDanFishMan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Here is the Bracket layout

Who are your 3 favorites to make it to the Classic?

Slide right, coming in .... Fish On!
Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: Atta] #12943924 10/24/18 01:23 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Atta

No, they took out the "win and you're in" part 2 years ago. Same thing happened to Steve Kennedy last year. He won Lake Dardenelle and then still had to go to the Bracket.

I imagine a sore spot of a lot of anglers was that the winners of the Opens still automatically qualified for the Classic, but winners of Elite events didn't. I suspect that's what prompted the change to the Opens this past year where they did away with the automatic Classic spot for winning an Open and went with the Championship-format tournament.

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: texasbassdude] #12943931 10/24/18 01:30 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: texasbassdude

No, they took out the "win and you're in" part 2 years ago. Same thing happened to Steve Kennedy last year. He won Lake Dardenelle and then still had to go to the Bracket.

I imagine a sore spot of a lot of anglers was that the winners of the Opens still automatically qualified for the Classic, but winners of Elite events didn't. I suspect that's what prompted the change to the Opens this past year where they did away with the automatic Classic spot for winning an Open and went with the Championship-format tournament.

LOL they just changed the opens back to win and your in for 2019 yestereday. Think BASS realizes with the Elite series being weakened the Opens are going to gain importance, some of those MLF guys will still fish the opens, don't be surprised to see LIVE coverage of the opens next year.

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12944186 10/24/18 04:36 PM
slim 285 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Lol... Hackney must have got his little feelings hurt..

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: Jobie99] #12944194 10/24/18 04:43 PM
R
R.J.E. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Jobie99
Heres a random question since there is some trail talk about to start up. MLF is great for TV, but how many of you think youll be running to the store to drop a bunch of money on lures that catch a bunch of small fish? I just dont see how this is going get serious fisherman excited about heading out to the lake or breaking out their wallets. I know Bassmaster has less video, but isnt there a fair amount suspense in guys swinging for the fence on the final day of a tournament. Like Jordan Lee on the final day of Conroe. I think youll see days like these get over shadowed by someone catching a bunch of 12 fish on dropshots and Ned rigs. I guess things may morph into something different and you have a lot of options when you have all of the big guns, but I dont see the MLF format in its current state holding up long-term. Theres my .02, that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at the Valero station down the street.
I don't Lee was swinging for the fences, his motor I heard his motor broke down and as he was talking to a Bass official he got a bite on a jig and thus found that magic spot and the bait.

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12944250 10/24/18 05:14 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It will change the way they fish. Lee at the Classic is a good example.
He hit the big fish at the end of one day and stayed on it. He caught all big fish there. There were others around the lake that were catching enough to have made up for that.

I would think at some point they will adjust the way they do this. Just imagine the tv crews. At times they will pull away from showing someone on a big fish pattern and go watch someone catching a boat load of keepers.

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: R.J.E.] #12944265 10/24/18 05:26 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: R.J.E.
I don't Lee was swinging for the fences, his motor I heard his motor broke down and as he was talking to a Bass official he got a bite on a jig and thus found that magic spot and the bait.

Yeah. Seems like lots of folks don't remember that he was "so committed" to that point because his engine broke while he was running by it... He still had to do well the rest of the weekend but pump the brakes on calling him a genius and "swinging for the fences" for sticking with a spot all day when he didn't have a choice not to at that moment. Great example of capitalizing on a SUPER fortunate opportunity.

Scott Jones
Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: Jobie99] #12944317 10/24/18 06:09 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Heres a random question since there is some trail talk about to start up. MLF is great for TV, but how many of you think youll be running to the store to drop a bunch of money on lures that catch a bunch of small fish? I just dont see how this is going get serious fisherman excited about heading out to the lake or breaking out their wallets. I know Bassmaster has less video, but isnt there a fair amount suspense in guys swinging for the fence on the final day of a tournament. Like Jordan Lee on the final day of Conroe. I think youll see days like these get over shadowed by someone catching a bunch of 12 fish on dropshots and Ned rigs. I guess things may morph into something different and you have a lot of options when you have all of the big guns, but I dont see the MLF format in its current state holding up long-term. Theres my .02, that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at the Valero station down the street.

The Classic Bracket on Bass Live today is practically a big bass slug-fest. Biggest bag is a whopping 5 fish for 6-13. popcorn

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: Barn] #12944344 10/24/18 06:31 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Barn
Here’s a random question since there is some trail talk about to start up. MLF is great for TV, but how many of you think you’ll be running to the store to drop a bunch of money on lures that catch a bunch of small fish? I just don’t see how this is going get serious fisherman excited about heading out to the lake or breaking out their wallets. I know Bassmaster has less video, but isn’t there a fair amount suspense in guys swinging for the fence on the final day of a tournament. Like Jordan Lee on the final day of Conroe. I think you’ll see days like these get over shadowed by someone catching a bunch of 12” fish on dropshots and Ned rigs. I guess things may morph into something different and you have a lot of options when you have all of the big guns, but I don’t see the MLF format in its current state holding up long-term. There’s my .02, that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee at the Valero station down the street.

The Classic Bracket on Bass Live today is practically a big bass slug-fest. Biggest bag is a whopping 5 fish for 6-13. popcorn

Got to get these guys prepared for MLF size fish.

Go Tech
Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: BriannShell] #12944358 10/24/18 06:38 PM
M
Matt Wilson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: BriannShell
Watch MLF at Naconiche.... Lots of good fish caught. I think it's a better representation of what fishing is. I've been blessed to have caught some nice fish but I've caught way more small fish. Not knowing what lake they are going to or having spots given to them by local guides prior to getting there is a bonus for me watching them try to figure it out.

where can I find that?

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: Outdoordude] #12944404 10/24/18 07:16 PM
L
Lil joe Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
Originally Posted By: R.J.E.

Yeah. Seems like lots of folks don't remember that he was "so committed" to that point because his engine broke while he was running by it... He still had to do well the rest of the weekend but pump the brakes on calling him a genius and "swinging for the fences" for sticking with a spot all day when he didn't have a choice not to at that moment. Great example of capitalizing on a SUPER fortunate opportunity.

Im pretty sure he said he had found those fish in practice. He said when he found it in practice he had seen 2 or 3 5pounders follow his 5xd up to the boat or something along those lines and that was the spot that he was headed to when his boat broke down. But who knows if he was telling the truth about it. I guess if he found that spot just because his boat broke down, he would never say that. It makes his name a lot more valuable when he says he found them in practice versus, oh my boat just happened to have broke down on top of the winning spot

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12944428 10/24/18 07:38 PM
T
texasbassdude Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Legend LE-195

LOL they just changed the opens back to win and your in for 2019 yestereday. Think BASS realizes with the Elite series being weakened the Opens are going to gain importance, some of those MLF guys will still fish the opens, don't be surprised to see LIVE coverage of the opens next year.

Wow, I hope that they also make that rule for the 2019 Elite Series... IMHO, the rule should be the same for the Opens and the Elites. I don't care either way on the "win and you're in", but I do think that it needs to be consistent for both groups.

Re: Hackney not fishing the Classic bracket this week? [Re: SC-001] #12944441 10/24/18 07:45 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S

Wow, I hope that they also make that rule for the 2019 Elite Series... IMHO, the rule should be the same for the Opens and the Elites. I don't care either way on the "win and you're in", but I do think that it needs to be consistent for both groups.
They won't, the elite anglers are the ones who asked them to base classic spots off of elite standings/points not wins.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide