Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: Ghost4BH] #12850647 08/02/18 02:33 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
not a fan of Urban Meyer nor am I trying to defend beating up your wife but firing the guys boss over it doesn't seem justified to me...
my reasoning is based on urban meyer as head coach at Ohio State is an extremely demanding job that has probably a couple hundred people including players reporting to him.....a man in that position has to prioritize, delegate and certainly can't get involved in the personal relationships his employees may have....plus there is always two sides to every story....

Joe Paterno got crucified and his reputation ruined in a similar situation in which he may have known a little about a problem but it was nowhere near top priority where you are trying to produce a winning football team just like Urban Meyer is...

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: Ghost4BH] #12850653 08/02/18 02:37 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
So...if Meyer is fired what's OSU's record this year?
In 2011, after Tressel was fired, they went 6-7 after finishing 12-1 the previous season.
I say they go 9-4.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: Icepick] #12850657 08/02/18 02:41 PM
SgtDag Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Icepick
In 2011, after Tressel was fired, they went 6-7 after finishing 12-1 the previous season.
I say they go 9-4.

Probably who cares - who cares

bolt

"If you're going through hell keep going." Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by 1ShotNoKills
I open mouth kiss my sisters
Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: SgtDag] #12850661 08/02/18 02:44 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted By: Dag�Bill
Originally Posted By: Icepick
I say they go 9-4.

Probably who cares - who cares

bolt

I don't know who cares enough to make a prediction but I know who cares enough to post that they don't care. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: beartrap] #12850662 08/02/18 02:47 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: beartrap
not a fan of Urban Meyer nor am I trying to defend beating up your wife but firing the guys boss over it doesn't seem justified to me...
my reasoning is based on urban meyer as head coach at Ohio State is an extremely demanding job that has probably a couple hundred people including players reporting to him.....a man in that position has to prioritize, delegate and certainly can't get involved in the personal relationships his employees may have....plus there is always two sides to every story....

Joe Paterno got crucified and his reputation ruined in a similar situation in which he may have known a little about a problem but it was nowhere near top priority where you are trying to produce a winning football team just like Urban Meyer is...

The guy worked DIRECTLY for Meyer. He beat his wife/gf. Meyer knew. Meyers wife tried to squash it. So the fish stinks from the head down. When the wife of a coach is calling the cops on YOUR guy for beating her, that moves UP my priority list to #1A.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: beartrap] #12850663 08/02/18 02:48 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: beartrap

this exactly
i doubt Paterno ever even dreamed about that scenario being something people did

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: Ghost4BH] #12850666 08/02/18 02:51 PM
BlueNitro Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
So, if I am a high end manager at a major corporation and one of my reports is rumored to be doing something illegal but there have been no convictions against him I am expected to fire him or lose my own job? There would be lawsuits on both parts because it would be illegal to have fired him on rumors. What makes college football any different.

I am not defending that DV is okay.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BlueNitro] #12850677 08/02/18 03:04 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
So, if I am a high end manager at a major corporation and one of my reports is rumored to be doing something illegal but there have been no convictions against him I am expected to fire him or lose my own job? There would be lawsuits on both parts because it would be illegal to have fired him on rumors. What makes college football any different.

Corporations don't fall under Title IX. If you are an employee of an an Educational Institution you by law have to report any allegation of physical or sexual abuse so it can be investigated. In this case it was not reported. Same thing if a teacher suspects abuse of a student she has to report it or he/she will lose their job.

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BrandoA] #12850686 08/02/18 03:10 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted By: BrandoA

Corporations don't fall under Title IX. If you are an employee of an an Educational Institution you by law have to report any allegation of physical or sexual abuse so it can be investigated. In this case it was not reported. Same thing if a teacher suspects abuse of a student she has to report it or he/she will lose their job.

Well said.
Many folks don't understand the rules and try to compare apples to oranges.

[Linked Image]

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BrandoA] #12850690 08/02/18 03:13 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Title 9 violation is what is going to get him ultimately fired and his wife as well. They should have reported any suspected abuse.

How, is this title 9? .

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: Ghost4BH] #12850697 08/02/18 03:19 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
who investigates them?
the NCAA
what authority do they have except to shut down your program & that will never happen

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: TR176] #12850699 08/02/18 03:20 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: TR176
Title 9 violation is what is going to get him ultimately fired and his wife as well. They should have reported any suspected abuse.

How, is this title 9? .

My understanding since the assistant coach is an employee of Ohio State and Meyers and his wife are employees of Ohio State. From Espn

"Meyer's contract extension signed in April includes language requiring him to report any violations by staff members of Ohio State's sexual misconduct policy to the university's athletics Title IX coordinator. Also, as an Ohio State employee who supervises others, Meyer is required by the university's sexual misconduct policy to report knowledge of domestic abuse by a university employee. According to the policy, "An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy."

Meyer's original contract required him to promptly report any violations of university rules by assistant coaches to Gene Smith and the Office of Compliance Services. Failure to do so could result in termination with cause.

Meyer's contract states that if Ohio State is considering terminating with cause, he has the right to "explain the circumstances with his point of view before termination, unless the circumstances are so heinous that, in Ohio State's reasonable judgment, it would be impossible for [Meyer] to justify his actions"

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BrandoA] #12850702 08/02/18 03:20 PM
BlueNitro Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Yes, I knew that as my wife works in the education system.

I guess I should have typed - 'If it is a rumor and has been investigated by the Law Enforcement entities but no charges have been filed, why would I be subject to lose my job as a college coach?' I could see it if me and my coach and our wives were out on the town and I witnessed it first hand and failed to report it then so be it but I don't believe that this is the case.

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BlueNitro] #12850709 08/02/18 03:26 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
[quote=BlueNitro]

I guess I should have typed - 'If it is a rumor and has been investigated by the Law Enforcement entities but no charges have been filed, why would I be subject to lose my job as a college coach?'

According to the policy, "An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy."

[Linked Image]

Re: Uh ohhh Ohio State..... [Re: BlueNitro] #12850714 08/02/18 03:30 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

Yes, I knew that as my wife works in the education system.

I guess I should have typed - 'If it is a rumor and has been investigated by the Law Enforcement entities but no charges have been filed, why would I be subject to lose my job as a college coach?' I could see it if me and my coach and our wives were out on the town and I witnessed it first hand and failed to report it then so be it but I don't believe that this is the case.

The way I read it was Meyers Obligation to report any allegations so it can be investigated to determine if it is true or false.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide