Forums59
Topics1,039,349
Posts13,963,249
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814759 07/03/18 03:21 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Hog Jaw
Yea I did , idle up to them and asked if they were ready to go , person on trolling motor said why , I answered You guys can follow me around rest of the day , I can show how to fish ,

roflmao Epic

Last edited by G Love; 07/03/18 03:40 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814790 07/03/18 03:39 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I don't really consider bank and dock fishing as finding fish. People do that all the time. So if a boat waits on me to clear an area or a dock I am not worrying about it. I don't think many weekend and after work fishermen go out and pattern fish then hit only similar docks or areas. They just hit every dock they come to. Those things have been beat thousands upon thousands of times and will be that many more. Now if a boat is following in open water that is different unless your hitting known community holes yourself. The ones that make me laugh are the guys that see you catching fish in open water and swoop in and mark a waypoint and take off. Still doesn't bother me though.

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814817 07/03/18 04:02 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I understand being upset when they crowd you while trying to fish but who cares who fishes a spot after you leave? Better they fish there then the spot you are heading to. Its freakin fishing not a challenge to your manhood. Ive driven to a known location many times that I know produces well and someone is on it. I will sit back and wait because I know that most only catch 2 or 3 and give up but I know it produces much more than that.

You never know, they may be thinking that you dont know how to fish because you only caught 3 there.

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814839 07/03/18 04:20 PM
H
hoodat92 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Okay...reel up the slack and get ready to set the hook, I'll bite:

Several things here...The waters I fish don't have anything near the pressure that the North Texas lakes get, I believe a lot of the "problem" is simple supply and demand for y'all. Too many boats for too few spots, so, there is going to be more of these types of situations than I deal with here in La.

With that said, I LOVE fishing and spend about 4 days a week on the water, so I've obviously run into these situations. I choose NOT to fish on weekends unless I'm fishing a tournament just to avoid these types of situations, which I realize I'm blessed to be able to fish during the week when most people aren't. With that said, I would NEVER pull in on top of someone while they're fishing a spot, whether I'm in a tournament or not. The only exception would be a perch jerker, I might approach and ask them if they mind if I fish around them since we are going after different species. But, my simple logic is that the other person was there first. Now if it's a bankline with a boat on it, I may go a few hundred yards down the bank and fish back towards the boat that is on it already, and when I get close to the other boat I'll put my rod down and swing wide and go around the boat that was fishing there first and then continue down the bank.

Now, I DON'T subscribe to the theory that some of you do of "You don't own the water, so If I want to fish where you're fishing I'm coming in on top of you".
Like Capt. Woodrow F. Call said, "I can't stand rude behavior in a man, Won't tolerate it." So, if you attempt this with me, there WILL be a problem. I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not trying to be a keyboard tough guy, I'm just being honest. To me, it has more to do with common courtesy and respect than a territorial dispute. However, if someone pulls in on me and says something like, "hey man, we're in a tournament and found some fish here, do you mind us fishing next to you?" That's a totally different ball game. I'm probably going to give them the spot, or suggest that we work together and fish that spot. It just goes to show that communication is key. In my opinion there is way too much "Alpha dogging" in fishing now.

The other factor that I see more and more of is just pure cluelessness. And, I try to discern and factor this in situations like this. A lot of times the person has no idea that they are doing something that is offensive to the other party. I see this more and more at the boat ramp as well. If I think this is the case, I'll try and explain to them a better way to do whatever they're doing. Now, if I'm met with that "screw you" attitude, I will go in a different direction as well, which will probably lead to a nasty conversation in the least (once again, not condoning my own actions, just being honest).

I drove over to Fork to pick up a replica while the Skeeter Owners Tourney was going on and remember thinking you couldn't melt me and pour me on the lake with that many boats. I own a Skeeter, but to me that is not fun at all, it is the opposite of fun. But, to those seveal thousand people it is fun to them, so it's just different strokes, and that's fine.

I guess I'm turning into the "get off my lawn" guy, but I just feel like fishermen have a responsibility to be courteous and take into account OTHERS feelings and perspectives, not just their own, and when this doesn't happen, that's where there are conflicts.

Bottom line is, BE NICE! this sounds simple, but with just a little bit of positive communication, most people will embrace the stranger and give more of an effort to understand the other's perspective.

Ok, fire away, I'm holding the target up for y'all.

10.33 Caddo 9.60 Caddo
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814840 07/03/18 04:20 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Boat ramp 'em is the only solution that I can see......or tie them to one of the dock poles and let the buzzards do their thing.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814845 07/03/18 04:25 PM
C
Chasin Hogs Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
Online Crying
TFF Team Angler
C
Dang now everyone knows about your secret dock. Were you in a derby?

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814860 07/03/18 04:35 PM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I don't bass fish anymore, primarily because all the politics and bs involved just doesn't make it fun anymore. But this same issue goes on with duck hunters. If I see a productive spot, I'm going to fish it. Not when someone else is there but maybe soon or maybe later. My response has always been, ok it's your "spot". You found it. I saw you fish it how long do I have to wait until it's not your spot anymore? A day? A week? Never? We've all done it, we all do it. I just want to be honest about it. There are no secret spots just as there are no secret duck holes. It's public. It's yours until you release it after that it's anybody's.

Now, if someone follows you around pressuring you to rush a spot, that's a different matter. The unwritten rule in saltwater is, don't cut off someone's drift and don't get too close. Other than that if you want to fish my drift have at it. I won't get up in your face about pulling your mancard over it.

G'day

I fish on a 14 ft piece of plastic.
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814865 07/03/18 04:37 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
New Skeeter occupied 2 times watches

Are you an LEO?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814867 07/03/18 04:38 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Yea I did , idle up to them and asked if they were ready to go , person on trolling motor said why , I answered You guys can follow me around rest of the day , I can show how to fish ,

thumb Good Job!

I was hoping you weren't the "snowflake type"

Next time you are going to blast someone you can always snap a pic of their TX #'s and then look up the owner's name online and the you can add a name to the offense, just an idea ...

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814926 07/03/18 05:04 PM
H
Hog Jaw Online Content OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Online Content
TFF Team Angler
H
Some of you apparently do not spend a lot of time on the water , this happened to me more than once , I have been in open water mapping out some areas , when a BASS Fisherman with a est. 60K BASS BOAT circles me , then stops , watching . What are they doing ? Some of you know what they are doing , I do not fish where others are period , I dont follow , dont watch , Theres lots Docks etc that I go to if some one is near an area. Calling it like it is , some of you should find another fourm .

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: fouzman] #12814931 07/03/18 05:09 PM
M
Mike Keenan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted By: fouzman
New Skeeter occupied 2 times watches

Are you an LEO?

Thats funny Fouz, I thought about that too

R.I.P. Mike "pappy" "broken rod" Green born 07-16-62 on to better fishing 06-10-08.
www.basscat.com

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12814946 07/03/18 05:16 PM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
peep

Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: hoodat92] #12814979 07/03/18 05:38 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Lt. Dan
Lt. Dan
T
Originally Posted By: hoodat92
Okay...reel up the slack and get ready to set the hook, I'll bite:

Several things here...The waters I fish don't have anything near the pressure that the North Texas lakes get, I believe a lot of the "problem" is simple supply and demand for y'all. Too many boats for too few spots, so, there is going to be more of these types of situations than I deal with here in La.

With that said, I LOVE fishing and spend about 4 days a week on the water, so I've obviously run into these situations. I choose NOT to fish on weekends unless I'm fishing a tournament just to avoid these types of situations, which I realize I'm blessed to be able to fish during the week when most people aren't. With that said, I would NEVER pull in on top of someone while they're fishing a spot, whether I'm in a tournament or not. The only exception would be a perch jerker, I might approach and ask them if they mind if I fish around them since we are going after different species. But, my simple logic is that the other person was there first. Now if it's a bankline with a boat on it, I may go a few hundred yards down the bank and fish back towards the boat that is on it already, and when I get close to the other boat I'll put my rod down and swing wide and go around the boat that was fishing there first and then continue down the bank.

Now, I DON'T subscribe to the theory that some of you do of "You don't own the water, so If I want to fish where you're fishing I'm coming in on top of you".
Like Capt. Woodrow F. Call said, "I can't stand rude behavior in a man, Won't tolerate it." So, if you attempt this with me, there WILL be a problem. I'm not saying I'm right, and I'm not trying to be a keyboard tough guy, I'm just being honest. To me, it has more to do with common courtesy and respect than a territorial dispute. However, if someone pulls in on me and says something like, "hey man, we're in a tournament and found some fish here, do you mind us fishing next to you?" That's a totally different ball game. I'm probably going to give them the spot, or suggest that we work together and fish that spot. It just goes to show that communication is key. In my opinion there is way too much "Alpha dogging" in fishing now.

The other factor that I see more and more of is just pure cluelessness. And, I try to discern and factor this in situations like this. A lot of times the person has no idea that they are doing something that is offensive to the other party. I see this more and more at the boat ramp as well. If I think this is the case, I'll try and explain to them a better way to do whatever they're doing. Now, if I'm met with that "screw you" attitude, I will go in a different direction as well, which will probably lead to a nasty conversation in the least (once again, not condoning my own actions, just being honest).

I drove over to Fork to pick up a replica while the Skeeter Owners Tourney was going on and remember thinking you couldn't melt me and pour me on the lake with that many boats. I own a Skeeter, but to me that is not fun at all, it is the opposite of fun. But, to those seveal thousand people it is fun to them, so it's just different strokes, and that's fine.

I guess I'm turning into the "get off my lawn" guy, but I just feel like fishermen have a responsibility to be courteous and take into account OTHERS feelings and perspectives, not just their own, and when this doesn't happen, that's where there are conflicts.

Bottom line is, BE NICE! this sounds simple, but with just a little bit of positive communication, most people will embrace the stranger and give more of an effort to understand the other's perspective.

Ok, fire away, I'm holding the target up for y'all.

Well said thumb

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12815102 07/03/18 06:53 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Fishing around a Dock , swinging in 3rd fish , New Skeeter occupied 2 times watches , I ease off to ledge near dock , est 75 ft , New Skeeter pulls in same exact spot , Buzzards, bother me more .

Get over yourself .....and this kind of stuff wouldn't bother you as much. Lol. You eased off the spot, and lost it. Enough said.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Jet Fleas / Surfing Mega Boats or Buzzards [Re: Hog Jaw] #12815120 07/03/18 07:05 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I quit competing nearly 5 years ago, you'd be amazed at how you view this exact situation differently once ego and money are aside. I love it more now, time is on my side, zero clock and zero stress, and I'm a way more polished fisherman over the last 5 years than I was my first 25.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide