Forums59
Topics1,039,366
Posts13,963,409
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12784201 06/07/18 10:13 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Terrible tragedy

Any info on why the big motor couldnt be restarted?

[Linked Image]

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: TxSwimbaiter] #12784216 06/07/18 10:19 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: TxSwimbaiter
I don't believe this is going to be the end of the sad situation. The real question is 'would he still be alive had he been riding in a dual console?'

Idiotic statement #1 in this thread.

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12784235 06/07/18 10:40 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Locator beacons would be a good idea. Maybe make them mandatory like wearing a life jacket.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: TxSwimbaiter] #12784247 06/07/18 10:52 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
I don't believe this is going to be the end of the sad situation. The real question is 'would he still be alive had he been riding in a dual console?'
What?

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: TxSwimbaiter] #12784373 06/08/18 01:06 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

legitimate question.....apparently the wave came over front of the boat and when it came over the front deck,it lifted the passenger out of the boat...got to believe with a dual console,he would have been protected to the extent that his chest and face would be hit by the wave but it wouldn't have gotten under him and lifted him out of the boat....plus he would have opportunity to duck under the console and let most of force of the wave pass over him....

sad deal for all concerned....

Last edited by beartrap; 06/08/18 01:07 AM.
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: beartrap] #12784387 06/08/18 01:28 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: beartrap

legitimate question.....apparently the wave came over front of the boat and when it came over the front deck,it lifted the passenger out of the boat...got to believe with a dual console,he would have been protected to the extent that his chest and face would be hit by the wave but it wouldn't have gotten under him and lifted him out of the boat....plus he would have opportunity to duck under the console and let most of force of the wave pass over him....

Sad that we have become a society that tries to find blame in every single event where tragedy strikes.
Too rough, bad driver, too fast, too slow,single console, dual console,,the list goes on and on.
Sometimes bad things happen. Sad and unfortunate fact of life.

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12784478 06/08/18 02:39 AM
L
lunkerloser Offline
Angler
Angler
L
"4-6 ft waves in 6-10 ft of water makes a big difference. When you get to the bottom of one of those waves, you are on the bottom of the lake."

I had this happen at Richland Chambers a number of years back when a massive storm blew up quickly. I was doing fine surfing the waves back to the launch area only to run into shallow water. When you were at the bottom of a swell your were banging around on the stumps on the bottom of the lake. It would last two or three seconds until the next wave lifted you out of it. Then you would repeat.

This was the only time I have ever thought I was not going to make it. Of course I was by myself. My adrenaline was to high to get scared but I was shaking like a leaf when I finally got the boat beached.

Ah, the things we do for fun.

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: Txduckhunter] #12784487 06/08/18 02:49 AM
P
pro dirt raker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

Sad that we have become a society that tries to find blame in every single event where tragedy strikes.
Too rough, bad driver, too fast, too slow,single console, dual console,,the list goes on and on.

Sad that people jump on others for pointing out something that might have changed the outcome....

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: Txduckhunter] #12784526 06/08/18 03:41 AM
TX Strampion Offline
Angler
Angler

With no disrespect intended, I believe it would be very wise to consider all the factors you've listed when trying to understand and prevent future accidents.

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: pro dirt raker] #12784529 06/08/18 03:46 AM
W
WackySenko Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Originally Posted By: pro dirt raker

Sad that people jump on others for pointing out something that might have changed the outcome....

A thousand things could have changed the outcome to any accident. I wonder what woulda happened if he had on two left shoes. Unless there's some blatant negligence there's no point to it and it detracts from just saying well [censored] and thinking of a person and their family, the frailty of life and to just be careful out there. Unless I missed something it's not 'the real question' it's a worthless question. No one knows or ever will

"Its not an addiction...its a disease! and I LIKE it! keeps my sanity in this cruel world!"
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12785089 06/08/18 06:17 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
A wave did not come over the boat and swipe him out,, they were running down the lake and speared a wave, the boaters original statement made that clear...

For a wave to break over a boat it would have to be a surf quality wave, meaning breaking over the top etc... Ive been on fork and berryessa with huge waves likely a good 10 feet tall with no break over on them.

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #12785109 06/08/18 06:31 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
A wave did not come over the boat and swipe him out,, they were running down the lake and speared a wave, the boaters original statement made that clear...

For a wave to break over a boat it would have to be a surf quality wave, meaning breaking over the top etc... Ive been on fork and berryessa with huge waves likely a good 10 feet tall with no break over on them.

There have never been 10' tall waves on Fork

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12785521 06/09/18 01:40 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
let me rephrase that to mean that when they speared a wave and when the water came over the front deck,it lifted/washed the passenger out of the boat.....we had a similar wave spearing situation happen on Eufaula last year but fortunately the boater was able to get turned around and pick up his Dad who had been washed out of the boat....their Ranger boat was almost full of water but they were able to drag him over the stern,get the boat turned around into the waves...took a while with both bilge pumps going until they managed to get back on plane and get out of the really rough water....

Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12785732 06/09/18 12:20 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
It's not the console. It's the decision to go mainlake in those winds.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: No Criminal Charges Filed in FLW Drowning [Re: fouzman] #12785745 06/09/18 12:46 PM
barbarian Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Multiple times when reading this story since it happened, Ive mentally put myself in that situation. The one part that gets me every time is the passenger being washed over board. It was very cold that day and so they were all bundled up for the ride. I know in simliar situations as the passenger i usually have hands in a pocket and head tucked down. I cant but wonder if that was the case making it easier to be lifted out vs hanging on to grab bars. I think a lot of us dont scrutinize to blame, but to prevent.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide