Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss] #12764461 05/22/18 02:43 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Whopper Ploppers are manufactured in China for river 2 sea. I guess they didn't mind cutting out the American worker for manufacturing.

They know to have it manufactured here they would have to sell the lures for $20. And if people are willing to bypass them for $12, how many would they sell for $20.

Id prefer if they were made here, but who would pay for them?

China has kids making next to nothing with no benefits, while an American factory would more than likely pay a living wage + benefits. People are cutting and running to save $6, but am I supposed to believe people would spend more to buy it if it were 100% American?

Do what you want, Im not bashing anyone.

Well Id like personally thank the child that made my tungsten weights for 1/4 of the price i paid from the tackle shops who bought them from the same exact place as I did. Quality is great for mine

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12767153 05/24/18 12:57 AM
1Cast 1Fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Never really though about going this route for my tungsten weights...So what the verdict on the overall quality? Even when I pay more for ones from brand names, they still chip and wear from use.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12767178 05/24/18 01:15 AM
Bassfisher15 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
We can say all we want that things should be made in America but these companies have one goal, that's to turn a profit. they will continue to import them from China until customers are willing to pay alot more for that product. A free market is driven by the consumer.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12767241 05/24/18 01:52 AM
Fish Killer Online Happy
Big Sexy
Online Happy
Big Sexy
Back to the real issue

The plopper is the most over rated lure in history besides the laser lure

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Fish Killer] #12767321 05/24/18 02:30 AM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Back to the real issue

The plopper is the most over rated lure in history besides the laser lure

Ive caught more fish on my Laser Lire then my plopped!! Lol

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12767522 05/24/18 04:35 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I got no problems with companies having products made in China, it is only way many can compete.

I despise companies like Alibaba that simply steal other peoples ideas and then sell them for cheaper because they get to cut out the inventor and dont have to pay employees to come up with these ideas.

These types of companies are thieves and consumers reward them to save a buck.

You want to reward a thief it is your money.

https://qz.com/771727/chinas-factories-i...to-get-over-it/

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss] #12768624 05/24/18 11:59 PM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I got no problems with companies having products made in China, it is only way many can compete.

I despise companies like Alibaba that simply steal other peoples ideas and then sell them for cheaper because they get to cut out the inventor and dont have to pay employees to come up with these ideas.

Haha thats not what alibaba does. Everyone has a price.

What they do is go straight to the plant and say hey, change the name and sell to me. They dont copy it. They literally get the same exact product.

My tungsten weights are literally made side by side with the big brands you see see online.

Its capitalism. If these money hungry SOBs didnt want a 30-40% margin I would buy from them.

[Linked Image]
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: Clark3] #12768790 05/25/18 02:16 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Clark3

Haha thats not what alibaba does. Everyone has a price.

What they do is go straight to the plant and say hey, change the name and sell to me. They dont copy it. They literally get the same exact product.

My tungsten weights are literally made side by side with the big brands you see see online.

Its capitalism. If these money hungry SOBs didnt want a 30-40% margin I would buy from them.

A voice of reason. Many inventors sell their inventions to someone who has the expertise and finances to mass produce their invention but few get the recognition or monetary reward. Bill McEwen is said to have invented the spinnerbait but he sold it to Charles Spence which was Strike King Lure Company. Probably 15 or 20 different brands of spinnerbaits on the market now. Alibaba doesn't make anything, they buy products and businesses from entrepreneurs and inventors and market them to the world. Warren Buffet and Carl Icahn basically do the same. It's capitalism and Clark I betcha the margin at BPS, Academy, etc. is much more than 30-40%. That would barely pay their overhead. I may never buy another Whopper Plopper directly from China but I do want to compare it to the ones I bought retail here and see if one performs better than the other and it will be a fair test I promise.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12768823 05/25/18 02:35 AM
Clark3 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I just Laugh when I read All these I support the small business and I only Buy American, Murcia bs. Look I wish Everything was made right here in the Great USA. But we Americans are greedy [censored] and cant make an honest profit. Nothing is 100% made in America. Nothing. Even the 350 round bales in my hay field were in some from or fashion made via over seas products.

Im all for supporting the lemonade stand the kids put up. But when it comes to goods and services, I work too hard for my money to not try and save a buck or two from something. I shop At BPS and cabelas and all those, but if i can get the same product 1/4 of the price Im doing it. Those who disagree are lying to themselves and calling the kettle black if they say they dont do the same at some level.

Last edited by Clark3; 05/25/18 02:37 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12769063 05/25/18 12:13 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
I work in the chemical industry.

If a customer comes to us with a formula and asks us to make it for them, we dont sell that product to other service companies.

The formula belongs to the original customer.

it would not be right to manufacture that product and bypass the customer that came up with formula and sell to their customer.

Sorry that is not capitalism.

Nowhere did I say we should only buy 100% American. Im saying we shouldnt support corrupt business practices.

Last edited by sprigsss; 05/25/18 12:19 PM.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12769175 05/25/18 01:50 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
So are they knock offs or original?

All indications, pictures and comments they're the real deal. Check for yourself at Aliexpress.com . An Alibaba company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55t1jhcrtQ

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: sprigsss] #12769570 05/25/18 07:26 PM
Ted Martin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The formula belongs to the original customer.

it would not be right to manufacture that product and bypass the customer that came up with formula and sell to their customer.

Sorry that is not capitalism.

in China, that IS capitalism!

as a country they don't recognize patents, trademarks, copyrights, brands, or anything else that would afford a company competitive protection of their R&D. by our standards it is unethical at best, straight up theft at worst; by their standards it is just called 'business'.

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12769582 05/25/18 07:37 PM
Z
ZX4545 Offline
Angler
Angler
Z
They list the manufacturer as ALLBLUE not River2Sea

Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: ZX4545] #12769615 05/25/18 07:59 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: mrm4545

That is correct. Different company and they make their own Whopper Ploppers. No different than Strike King, Booyah, Terminator, Stanley, War Eagle, etc. all make their own spinner baits and some may even be made in China or they buy the parts in China. Some folks just can't accept the fact that China has the expertise to make as good a product as the U.S. but if you search their tackle box probably 3/4 of the stuff in there came from China.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Whopper Plopper FYI [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #12769642 05/25/18 08:32 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: mrm4545

Some folks just can't accept the fact that China has the expertise to make as good a product as the U.S. but if you search their tackle box probably 3/4 of the stuff in there came from China.

No one made that claim. I always enjoy reading your posts, but apparently your reading comprehension is lacking.

There are two possibilities:

1. Alibaba is buying the exact same product off the exact same assembly line and bypassing the creator of the lure.

2. Alibaba is buying a knockoff of the Whopper Plopper and selling it under the same name. So selling a knockoff but taking advantage of all the advertising the creator has paid for. That is false advertising.

3. River2Sea gave Alibaba permission to sell direct to consumers and cut out their customers.

Neither option 1 nor 2 IMO, is a business practice I want to support. Both are essentially theft. Never said I would never buy products made in China.

Option 3 is highly unlikely because as we see its being advertised as a different company's product.

I never called you Un-American either. I was only trying to point out what is likely happening in case many people didn't realize and just thought they were getting an awesome deal.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide