Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764169 05/21/18 11:07 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Very fun story to read. Felt like I was there in the back seat of ur boat.

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764203 05/21/18 11:47 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Solid post! Thanks for sharing.! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764282 05/22/18 01:01 AM
C
canyoncreek06 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Excellent read. Thanks for sharing.

>E

Columbus took a chance and he made it.
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764328 05/22/18 01:25 AM
C
CrappieXpress Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Very cool that you could come down and catch fish on your first trip under those conditions. I won't tell tell everyone that I saw all those sparkles scattered everywhere in your boat that rubbed off the sparkle nibbles you were using....... peep

Say one more question........is it considered pot licking when a man tells you which pole the fish are gonna be by or just free information???

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: CrappieXpress] #12764351 05/22/18 01:38 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Very cool that you could come down and catch fish on your first trip under those conditions. I won't tell tell everyone that I saw all those sparkles scattered everywhere in your boat that rubbed off the sparkle nibbles you were using....... peep

Say one more question........is it considered pot licking when a man tells you which pole the fish are gonna be by or just free information???

roflmao my nibbles look like a large blob of play doh, it is so old...dont remember who left them in the boat, I just dont have the heart to toss them in the trash, cause you just never know who might want to borrow some! woot

Hmmm, I dont know...BUT, TroyKing is an expert on all things considered pot licking...so, I shall defer to him for guidance... hmmm coach

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764372 05/22/18 01:49 AM
G
gar1970 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
Cool post!

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12764509 05/22/18 03:20 AM
A
Abbott (MCM Tackle) Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: RB1
It will only be fair if we see pics of the super secret jigs. wink

Welcome to the forum! welcome

Sadly, it seems, that I learned just this morning that they are no longer super secret...The Jigs were a collaborative effort between several TFF persons, myself included in order to create a super jig in a few select situations. Turns out there are more applications where these Jigs are successful than I imagined. Abbott tied the Jigs with some jigheads and instruction supplied by Redgun...all I had was a desire to fish a specific design hair jig, with specific components, in very specific instances. Abbott tied some up for his buddies Illinois, up around Mend Lake (I have no clue where that is located). Just this morning,Abbott informed me his buddies got a 3rd place finish in a tourney up that way, and are wanting some more of the Jigs. I figure me just relaying the story will force him to post some pics of the Jigs in question, despite the fact, they are still in the development phase...I can tell you, from my own limited testing, if you can get one of the Jigs in front of a crappie, they are very likely to bite it!

Crapicat the lake my buddies fish in Illinois is Rend Lake. It is in Southern Illinois. They was in a little tourney this past weekend and had ask for something that would catch some fish. So they didn't get you exact super secret but something that had the same concept. I will post some pics tomorrow as I was busy at work today once the day got started.

I can say Crapicat and Redgun have gave me a lot of good pointers over they last month or so doing all this with them. We all worked together there was a lot of texting back and forth. Then I would end up in the shop tying some different combos up bring them back in and get pictures and then send them to Crapicat for evaluation. Sometimes they was good other times I headed back to the shop to change so things up.

I am still working on some things for him as we speak. But his secret jigs are not released yet as we are still putting them to the test. I think they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I fished with some for the first time a couple weeks ago and did ok with them. I don't get to fish much, as I run a hunting/deer breeding ranch.

I did post some pictures of some of my regular jigs on the jig maker forum.

Stay tuned for pics.

Last edited by Abbott; 05/22/18 11:37 AM.
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: Abbott (MCM Tackle)] #12765477 05/22/18 08:46 PM
S
sticknstring Offline
Angler
Angler
S
...and that's the way it's done!.. wink
That was an entertaining thread. Thanks for sharing Crapicat.

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12765566 05/22/18 09:34 PM
T
TroyKing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress

roflmao my nibbles look like a large blob of play doh, it is so old...dont remember who left them in the boat, I just dont have the heart to toss them in the trash, cause you just never know who might want to borrow some! woot

Hmmm, I dont know...BUT, TroyKing is an expert on all things considered pot licking...so, I shall defer to him for guidance... hmmm coach
yes it is absolutely potlicking...if you even read any of this thread you are potlicker.

Last edited by TroyKing; 05/22/18 09:36 PM.

The driving force and secret desire of every bass fisherman, is to one day be a crappie fisherman............Could it be that the good Lord just smilies and looks the other way when a fisherman tells a lie?
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12765780 05/23/18 12:21 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Nice read crapicat.
Say, where can I get one of those phones -- you know the kind where you can see the look on her face from Grandview to Caddo.
If they're not too expensive, I might get one. roflmao

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12765987 05/23/18 02:34 AM
A
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A

Crapicat

Ole LSU

Mud Minnow

Ok I have kept everyone waiting long enough. Here are the top secret baits Crapicat is talking about. If you will notice these are weedless.

Now I will tell you a little about the whole deal. I had posted on here a couple months ago about just getting into tying and was wanting to sale a few. So some guys on here contacted me and I tied for them. Then I thought it was done. But here came Crapicat and started PMing me on here and then we started texting back and forth. So we went back and forth by texting for a while. I think he was doubting me that I could do what I said wink.

So there at first I tied him ones just like these but they was regular ballheads. I finished them and sent them to him. That weekend is when he fished Caddo. After that weekend he texted me Monday morning and told me that he needed to go weedless.

That is when we came up with these. I have tested them out and they do work. But like Crapicat said these are still in the testing and not for sale yet until we get it all dialed in the way we want to.

My buddies are testing them out in Illinois in the stumps and saying they are working great for them. So I think you will see them released real soon.

Let me know if I can help anyone out on hand tied jigs. Thanks

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: Ken Gaby] #12766046 05/23/18 03:24 AM
C
crapicat Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Nice read crapicat.
Say, where can I get one of those phones -- you know the kind where you can see the look on her face from Grandview to Caddo.
If they're not too expensive, I might get one. roflmao

Ken, that level of vision requires a rare talent! Not a phone! cheers

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: Abbott (MCM Tackle)] #12766062 05/23/18 03:45 AM
C
canyoncreek06 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Abbott

Crapicat

Ole LSU

Mud Minnow

Ok I have kept everyone waiting long enough. Here are the top secret baits Crapicat is talking about. If you will notice these are weedless.

Now I will tell you a little about the whole deal. I had posted on here a couple months ago about just getting into tying and was wanting to sale a few. So some guys on here contacted me and I tied for them. Then I thought it was done. But here came Crapicat and started PMing me on here and then we started texting back and forth. So we went back and forth by texting for a while. I think he was doubting me that I could do what I said wink.

So there at first I tied him ones just like these but they was regular ballheads. I finished them and sent them to him. That weekend is when he fished Caddo. After that weekend he texted me Monday morning and told me that he needed to go weedless.

That is when we came up with these. I have tested them out and they do work. But like Crapicat said these are still in the testing and not for sale yet until we get it all dialed in the way we want to.

My buddies are testing them out in Illinois in the stumps and saying they are working great for them. So I think you will see them released real soon.

Let me know if I can help anyone out on hand tied jigs. Thanks

Astounding work. Let me know when these are available for purchase and I will definitely make a purchase or two or three.

>E

Columbus took a chance and he made it.
Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12766122 05/23/18 11:20 AM
A
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Will do thank you

Re: Caddo lake - My first trip. [Re: crapicat] #12766185 05/23/18 12:40 PM
S
sticknstring Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Nice looking jigs Abbott-I'd love to buy a few when they become available!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide