Re: Lake Palestine advice [Re: Jerod Pontello] #12695635 03/30/18 03:21 AM
K
Kodiak73 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
K
Originally Posted By: Jerod Pontello
I took my kids back in flat creek 2 weeks ago with minnows up shallow along the bank near reeds and we caught crappie bass and catfish, if your just trying to put em on fish i cant see u going wrong that way you will catch something and you might end up doing good on crappie, hard to tell what all this new water is gonna do, good luck to yall hope yall find em

Awesome! I'm sure the kids had a blast. Appreciate the help!

Re: Lake Palestine advice [Re: crapicat] #12695639 03/30/18 03:25 AM
K
Kodiak73 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
K
Originally Posted By: crapicat
With kids learning to fish...shallow with corks is best option...gives them something to watch...use minnows, show him how to move the cork around for maximum effectiveness of the minnow, which keeps them involved in watching the cork...use small corks, so he can watch it go under on any bite...good luck, wish you the best luck!

Get him up early, cook breakfast for him, make a lunch, take snacks and his favorite drinks..make a big deal out of the preparation...dont let him see you get frustrated if the fish arent biting...make itt a fun day, when he is ready to leave..tell him one more cast...then leave after that one cast...no matter what! Tell him that he is your best fishing buddy and he did a wonderful job, stop by and get ice cream, candy, whatever he might like...and be sincere, take the time to answer each and every question, in detail till he is satisfied with the answer...remember it is a learning experience for him!

Great advice, Thank you!

Re: Lake Palestine advice [Re: mayor (crappiepete)] #12696481 03/30/18 09:38 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)
How many kids do you have?? Love your comments. My son never liked the boat, My daughter loved the fishing and catching.

Thank you for the kind words...

Two, my eldest, Rachel will be meeting up with me at the GTG on Murvall next month...she is a senior in Aggieland. My youngest, a junior in High school, Alan hasnt been fishing with me in a while, because I took three more casts, when I told him one more (sigh), and he reminds me of that fact, occasionally. They both know how to jig fish, though...ole Jiggum had Rachels picture plastered all over his photo page, before he sold to Jerry. He would charge me for any Jigs I bought and give her whatever she asked for...she loved the green jigs and could occasionally make me look old...I always jig/corked with Alan and he has discussed going fishing this year, after UIL competition is over...right now, he is leading all competitors in the state after district competition, for Spelling, so the coaches are pushing him to stay focused on Spelling...which makes it hard for me to talk him into a fishing trip...Rachel loves fishing, Alan prefers catching....lol

Re: Lake Palestine advice [Re: Kodiak73] #12696490 03/30/18 09:42 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Kodiak73
Originally Posted By: crapicat
With kids learning to fish...shallow with corks is best option...gives them something to watch...use minnows, show him how to move the cork around for maximum effectiveness of the minnow, which keeps them involved in watching the cork...use small corks, so he can watch it go under on any bite...good luck, wish you the best luck!

Get him up early, cook breakfast for him, make a lunch, take snacks and his favorite drinks..make a big deal out of the preparation...dont let him see you get frustrated if the fish arent biting...make itt a fun day, when he is ready to leave..tell him one more cast...then leave after that one cast...no matter what! Tell him that he is your best fishing buddy and he did a wonderful job, stop by and get ice cream, candy, whatever he might like...and be sincere, take the time to answer each and every question, in detail till he is satisfied with the answer...remember it is a learning experience for him!

Great advice, Thank you!

You are most certainly welcome, let us know how it turns out...the simple things are what make life worthwhile!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide