Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12667587 03/11/18 05:10 PM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I know Ash was on fire 3 years ago. Best spawn I have ever fished in my life.
Slabs after slabs. Did not matter where you dropped a jig at times in that creek.
Good times !!!

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: jig master] #12667607 03/11/18 05:27 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: jig master
Slabs after slabs. Did not matter where you dropped a jig at times in that creek.
Good times !!!

Fishing in Ash for crappie is hit or miss...mostly miss, but when its on, few places compare...

I was fishing there one day with a couple buddies, and some guys came by all excited heading to the marina to weigh a big fish that he caught...fish looked about 2.5lbs (actually a bit over 2.75 via scales)...when they got out of earshot, another boat with some guys I know trolled by and mentioned the guys with the big fish...we all chuckled and someone mentioned they must be tourists...to which we all smiled, agreed and bid each other a good day....basically, everyone in both boats had one that size in the cooler...we were all happy for them.. dance2

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: crapicat] #12667618 03/11/18 05:42 PM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
LOL !! Man you are sooooo right about that.

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: crapicat] #12667692 03/11/18 06:42 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: jig master
Good times !!!

Fishing in Ash for crappie is hit or miss...mostly miss, but when its on, few places compare...

I was fishing there one day with a couple buddies, and some guys came by all excited heading to the marina to weigh a big fish that he caught...fish looked about 2.5lbs (actually a bit over 2.75 via scales)...when they got out of earshot, another boat with some guys I know trolled by and mentioned the guys with the big fish...we all chuckled and someone mentioned they must be tourists...to which we all smiled, agreed and bid each other a good day....basically, everyone in both boats had one that size in the cooler...we were all happy for them.. dance2
Alls I can say is when it is accessible once again someone should pull a MONSTER outa there! Hope it`s me coolio

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12667698 03/11/18 06:46 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Hey crapicat what about Richland Creek to the left of Pelham ramp? I never hear anything about that creek.Do you have any experience`s in that area? I was thinking if not ASH I could try it with my two man (actually one) boat with a 50lb thrust troll motor. On a calm day of course.

Last edited by Fishbonz; 03/11/18 06:51 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12667757 03/11/18 07:49 PM
T
tds Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Richland is perty much silted full and worthless

Last edited by tds; 03/11/18 07:49 PM.
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12667826 03/11/18 08:53 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
Hey crapicat what about Richland Creek to the left of Pelham ramp? I never hear anything about that creek.Do you have any experience`s in that area? I was thinking if not ASH I could try it with my two man (actually one) boat with a 50lb thrust troll motor. On a calm day of course.

roflmao...NO...there is a 20+ foot logjam right at the mouth of Richland Creek...i have tried forever to access that creek via boat of any kind...to no avail.

That said, to access Richland Creek...on the trip to Pelham landing, instead of turning right (first turn) continue on straight (down the row of houses) until you have to stop at Richland Creek...walk the bank, but let me warn you, the banks are very high and the creek is hard to fish, I have never had much luck, but I suspect because it gets a lot of pressure from the locals...take a long pole to clear the steep sides...from the parking area I would go left...in hopes the bank is not so steep and opens up a bit...there are trails up and down the bank.

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12669007 03/12/18 05:49 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T
Does anyone know if there is a clear path from the dam to the Pelham ramp or to ash creek? I have just gone through the trees and it takes forever..

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: tech] #12669143 03/12/18 07:09 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: tech
Does anyone know if there is a clear path from the dam to the Pelham ramp or to ash creek? I have just gone through the trees and it takes forever..
No grasshopper azn That is the dilemma you must encounter if you want to navigate to these areas from the eastern side of lake.Patience MUST be exercised ....GRASSHOPPER azn

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12669197 03/12/18 07:46 PM
T
tech Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
T
thanks, kinda what i expected....

Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone elses.
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: tech] #12669200 03/12/18 07:52 PM
J
Jig Man Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
J
thanks, kinda what i expected....

Real quick way cuz, just go in Gary's boat... thumb

Life is Good..<><

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: crapicat] #12669215 03/12/18 08:02 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: crapicat

roflmao...NO...there is a 20+ foot logjam right at the mouth of Richland Creek...i have tried forever to access that creek via boat of any kind...to no avail.

That said, to access Richland Creek...on the trip to Pelham landing, instead of turning right (first turn) continue on straight (down the row of houses) until you have to stop at Richland Creek...walk the bank, but let me warn you, the banks are very high and the creek is hard to fish, I have never had much luck, but I suspect because it gets a lot of pressure from the locals...take a long pole to clear the steep sides...from the parking area I would go left...in hopes the bank is not so steep and opens up a bit...there are trails up and down the bank.
I know that road and I`ve met the lady that lives in the last house on the left.Last time I was there there was h20 no less than 200 yds from her property. She told me she would drag a lawn chair down the road as far as she could and catch a whole lot of catfish.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: Fishbonz] #12669442 03/12/18 10:28 PM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
No grasshopper azn That is the dilemma you must encounter if you want to navigate to these areas from the eastern side of lake.Patience MUST be exercised ....GRASSHOPPER azn

SUPPOSEDLY, when they built the lake, the corps built a haul road from the dam toward Richland Creek...most of the way down the lake...but I have never found it and I have tried (and failed) many times...have never seen a lake map (good luck finding one) that details the haul road, either...saw a guy five years ago in a bass boat wide open throttle down that Richland creek side an an angle to Ash Creek...He made it all the way (and back) on WOT...evidentially, he couldnt make it through the mouth and turned around...I was still enroute to Ash, and commented to my buddy that we might be doing a recovery effort...I still dont know how that guy made it across there, and I have looked...hard trying to figure it out...all I want is an electronic trail of a clear shot to Ash...if I ever get one, I am gonna share it with anyone who wants it...

The way I go is straight out from the marina about 100 yards off the bank...there are two huge stump fields you have to get through, which is why it takes so long to get there...trim up and low idle most of the way to Ash...slow as molasses...and I have to have the spring back brackets on my electronics (done wasted a few) along with an alum prop to keep the lower unit in place (my props look like Bosnia)...when I go to Ash, I make it a full day trip or a full night trip, depending on the time of year...and pray for fish to be there... roflmao

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: willyrdskillyrd] #12669884 03/13/18 02:50 AM
J
Jig Man Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
J
An all day trip for sure...

Life is Good..<><

Re: Navarro Mills? [Re: crapicat] #12669894 03/13/18 02:56 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I hug the south bank when I to go to Ash. I have traveled that same path several times and I have it dialed in on my Fish Finder.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide