Forums59
Topics1,039,342
Posts13,963,162
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: beartrap] #12672768 03/14/18 10:05 PM
T
Thinwater skinner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: beartrap
how far is the lodge from the lake and do you go back to the lodge for lunch and siesta each day?..

lake distance to lodge is about a 20 ride in a school bus down the mountain trail... slow not far...

most likely you will stay at the lake and have a shore lunch with fresh caught fish and fries...

They have cots and shelters for the siesta each day...

This information is about 10 years old... so you might want to contact Ron Speed's office and ask those questions...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: 00ranger00] #12672919 03/15/18 12:02 AM
1bassdaddy Offline
Angler
Angler
I don't scare easily and I've never lost a dime of lunch money but I agree with Chris G, I'm not signing up to fish anywhere that Ron thinks I need an armed guard. Too many other quality Mexico fishing destinations that don't require it.

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: 1bassdaddy] #12673100 03/15/18 01:39 AM
00ranger00 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
Personally, I think its more to make us Americans feel safer..

Originally Posted By: 1bassdaddy
I don't scare easily and I've never lost a dime of lunch money but I agree with Chris G, I'm not signing up to fish anywhere that Ron thinks I need an armed guard. Too many other quality Mexico fishing destinations that don't require it.

Powered By RR - RANGER AND RAM
2009 Ranger z21 / 2018 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: Chris G] #12673515 03/15/18 11:16 AM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Glad you had what sounds like a great trip with you and your son. Awesome times but man I can't see going somewhere fishing that required armed guards for anything.

Travel outside the USA and you will soon find out that having armed guards if you are American is not that uncommon in many parts of the world.

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: RedRanger] #12673539 03/15/18 11:48 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Glad you had what sounds like a great trip with you and your son. Awesome times but man I can't see going somewhere fishing that required armed guards for anything.

Travel outside the USA and you will soon find out that having armed guards if you are American is not that uncommon in many parts of the world.

Jack they assign security guards to the women in the countries you visit

#internationalplayboy

#MFGA
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: Douglas J] #12673558 03/15/18 12:10 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Jack the assign security guards to the women in the countries you visit

#internationalplayboy

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: RedRanger] #12673620 03/15/18 12:46 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Jack the assign security guards to the women in the countries you visit

#internationalplayboy

Manila Gorilla

#MFGA
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: 00ranger00] #12673778 03/15/18 02:02 PM
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
We get there 2/11

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: Thinwater skinner] #12673790 03/15/18 02:06 PM
F
furim2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Thinwater skinner
how far is the lodge from the lake and do you go back to the lodge for lunch and siesta each day?..

lake distance to lodge is about a 20 ride in a school bus down the mountain trail... slow not far...

most likely you will stay at the lake and have a shore lunch with fresh caught fish and fries...

This information is about 10 years old... so you might want to contact Ron Speed's office and ask those questions...

Old stuff. You will ride to the lake in a van, and come back to the lodge for a couple of hours for lunch and siesta. After paying that much for a trip, we opted to have them pack us a lunch and stayed out all day. Some of our best fishing was around noon every day.
A note about those Boga scales they carry. The first big fish we caught; the guide weighed it on his scales. It weighed over nine pounds. I called BS, and we weighed it on our Rapala digitals. It weighed six pounds eight ounces. Every fish weighed on the provided scales registered way heavier than our scales.

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: furim2] #12673798 03/15/18 02:13 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: furim2
Originally Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Old stuff. You will ride to the lake in a van, and come back to the lodge for a couple of hours for lunch and siesta. After paying that much for a trip, we opted to have them pack us a lunch and stayed out all day. Some of our best fishing was around noon every day.
A note about those Boga scales they carry. The first big fish we caught; the guide weighed it on his scales. It weighed over nine pounds. I called BS, and we weighed it on our Rapala digitals. It weighed six pounds eight ounces. Every fish weighed on the provided scales registered way heavier than our scales.

did you remember to switch your scales over to Spanish while you were in Mexico....works just like time down there...30 minutes is an hour anyplace else in the world...
(thanks for info)....

Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: RedRanger] #12673810 03/15/18 02:20 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

Hmmmm.....so in my 8 trips to Costa Rica (before it was turned into what it is now), 7-8 trips to various place in Mexico, 2 trips to Europe and other trips to Antigua, the Caymans, Aruba, St Lucia and the BVIs I never needed a armed guard. And these weren't cruises...most were full weeks staying in a house we rented or a hotel/resort. And I wasn't dogging the guy. He obviously felt safe given the fact he took his son. I just can't see planning a trip anywhere that required an armed guard to go with us.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Lake Comedero - Thank You Ron Speeds For The Safe Trip. [Re: 00ranger00] #12673869 03/15/18 02:43 PM
L
Los Lagos Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Congrats on a great trip, I just got back from Picachos and completely understand where you are coming from. I dont fish with Ron but use a local guide to Mexico and travel with Mexican fishermen. Right now Comedero is a little hotter than other lakes with activity but people are not running into trouble from what we were hearing.
Glad all went well.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide