Extreme Angler
It is... ^^^^

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615382 02/07/18 06:01 PM
U
UrsusVeritas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
I do not own any Crypto Currency, but...

...If you think that CC is any LESS legitimate that than dollar, you may need to do some more reading on our current financial system.

Last edited by UrsusVeritas; 02/07/18 06:01 PM.
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: UrsusVeritas] #12615456 02/07/18 06:29 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted By: UrsusVeritas

...If you think that CC is any LESS legitimate that than dollar, you may need to do some more reading on our current financial system.

I'm a firm maybe on crypto. Who and what backs the crypto currencies?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615464 02/07/18 06:34 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Should have bought yesterday, up $1200 today.

Team Wolfs
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: John175☮] #12615525 02/07/18 07:17 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: John175
Who and what backs the crypto currencies?

Typically nobody and nothing.

However, there are plenty that are backed by all sorts of various things (not that it makes them inherently better than non-backed cryptos). Tether was the big one in the news lately. It was backed by the US Dollar, but as it turns out, that might not be the best idea as it's looking like it facilitated some manipulation of other coins - predominately Bitcoin.

I've heard of plenty of other examples that are backed by everything from gold and diamonds to oil.

I'd suggest that having the currency backed by something isn't all that important. It's probably preferable to have no backing. If a crypto is backed by something, then someone needs to hold and custody that something, and now that custodial party can have an undesirable influence on the overlying cryptocurrency.

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615531 02/07/18 07:24 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
And just to throw this out there, it makes more sense to have a dollar (or whatever) backed by a cryptocurrency than a cryptocurrency backed by a dollar.

The cryptocurrency can at least be finite in supply.

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: John175☮] #12615551 02/07/18 07:38 PM
Derek 🐝 Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees

Let me tell you something Pop. I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see stuff like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, I just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the Crypto.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: Derek 🐝] #12615579 02/07/18 07:56 PM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝

Let me tell you something Pop. I read this article a while back, that said that Microsoft employs more millionaire secretary's that any other company in the world. They took stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this picture, of one of the groundskeepers next to his Ferrari. Blew my mind. you see stuff like that, and it just plants seeds, makes you think its possible, even easy. And then you turn on the TV, and there's just more of it. The $87 Million lottery winner, that kid actor that just made 20 million o his last movie, that internet stock that shot through the roof, you could have made millions if you had just gotten in early, and that's exactly what I wanted to do: get in. I didn't want to be an innovator any more, I just wanted to make the quick and easy buck, I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG said it best: "Either you're slingin' crack-rock, or you've got a wicked jump-shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after school job at Mickey Dee's, honor's in the Crypto.

Its like I dont even know you anymore.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: Derek 🐝] #12615582 02/07/18 07:57 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

What is your advice on dogs?

Team Wolfs
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: Der Vorsteher] #12615589 02/07/18 08:03 PM
Derek 🐝 Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher�

What is your advice on dogs?

This is a very common question which I get all the time, and my response begins with, How do you react when youre walking with her and see other dogs? Quite frequently, without knowing it, the human will see another dog long before her dog does, and whats the reaction? Oh no, another dog, mine will bark, and then they tense up on the leash and have just sent the wrong energy: Something here is making me nervous. Boom. Your dog senses the threat, and is ready to be aggressive. You need to learn to not react to the possibility of walking by other dogs first, so that you wont draw your dogs attention to them. Next is to learn your dogs energythat first sign that shes about to bark, and then apply the correction right before she does. It takes patience and practice, but it can be done!

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615597 02/07/18 08:10 PM
H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
Red pill wisdom.

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615609 02/07/18 08:30 PM
B
bogey♂ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Droppin' science like Galileo dropped the orange.

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
you know, nothing wrong with seven men who met on the internet going for a swim together
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12615619 02/07/18 08:35 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
#strongblockchain

I'm thinking of creating a new crypto based on blockchain and calling the denomination "Links"

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12627109 02/14/18 12:44 PM
GROD Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Ill probably be buying a new ultrex with some of my earnings I took this past week with crypto... lol

Re: Crypto Currency [Re: GROD] #12627137 02/14/18 01:09 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: GROD
I’ll probably be buying a new ultrex with some of my earnings I took this past week with crypto... lol
Did you sell your old ultrex after your losses from the week before?

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide