Forums59
Topics1,039,360
Posts13,963,357
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12571055 01/09/18 08:12 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I think that most kayak tournaments allow you to launch wherever you want for those that don't like the possibility of the lake being rough and limiting your opportunity of getting to where you need to fish or requiring on the water adjustments based on conditions.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12571384 01/10/18 12:10 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
If they were all trailer events i would miss out on my favorite part. Drawing number 347 every event bang

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Txduckhunter] #12571393 01/10/18 12:16 AM
JCHANDLER Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Why cant grown men make their own decisions on if it is too bad to run?
Why can't people take responsibility for their own actions and quit trying to dictate to others because they think it is more important to trailer and make it "safe"?

If you don't like taking off at the same launch point, find a circuit that allows trailering and caters to your needs/wants. Don't try to over-regulate others who don't have a problem with it. I'm a grown man, I can make my own decisions regarding weather and to run or not run.
thumb

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Txduckhunter] #12571400 01/10/18 12:20 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Why can't people take responsibility for their own actions and quit trying to dictate to others because they think it is more important to trailer and make it "safe"?

If you don't like taking off at the same launch point, find a circuit that allows trailering and caters to your needs/wants. Don't try to over-regulate others who don't have a problem with it. I'm a grown man, I can make my own decisions regarding weather and to run or not run.

What if you are the co-angler?

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Fishspanker] #12571785 01/10/18 04:15 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Fishspanker

What if you are the co-angler?

For me, it's a simple answer. I don't fish co-angler in anything. I'm also a pretty big guy and pretty assertive - if I'm in a situation where I feel my life is at risk, I do something to make it not at risk.

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12571951 01/10/18 01:26 PM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Trailering is beneficial for less experienced anglers, and for smaller boats in adverse conditions.. I agree with the safety factor, risk of life and limb, or equipment.. It has hurt us in most cases looking back, and we have fished some big events in the past..
Not all anglers are created equal, experienced anglers with larger boats that can and will run in rough conditions are penalized by being held back from a lesser field by allowing trailering. I bought a boat big enough to compete on a high level, it's not my fault if Joe Blow didn't.
JMO.......Either GO AS IS......or cancel the event for another day..
Don't mean to ruffle any feathers, it is what it is, if it were easy, well you know...

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12571986 01/10/18 02:01 PM
D
DBFishing83 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
You know Red ...... I agree with most everything you said ... until you you go talking about how your BIG "boat" makes you a better Tournament fisherman & how "trailering" puts "YOU" at a disadvantage.
I know a lot of teams that have won tournaments and got BIG checks out of pontoon boats and boats with a 50hp motor --- like mine.
Bigger does not make a fisherman better.
But agree with most everything in your post

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Kay Dyson] #12572011 01/10/18 02:15 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Trailering is beneficial for less experienced anglers, and for smaller boats in adverse conditions.. I agree with the safety factor, risk of life and limb, or equipment.. It has hurt us in most cases looking back, and we have fished some big events in the past..
Not all anglers are created equal, experienced anglers with larger boats that can and will run in rough conditions are penalized by being held back from a lesser field by allowing trailering. I bought a boat big enough to compete on a high level, it's not my fault if Joe Blow didn't.
Don't mean to ruffle any feathers, it is what it is, if it were easy, well you know...

I agree 100% Billy!!

If one wants to get to the other side of a rough lake buy a bigger boat and spend the time learning to navigate rough water. Tournaments should either be a go for that day or a no go.

But for those that want to trailer, there are some trails and a lot of bass clubs do trailer every event.

#MFGA
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Douglas J] #12572091 01/10/18 03:05 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

I agree 100% Billy!!

If one wants to get to the other side of a rough lake buy a bigger boat and spend the time learning to navigate rough water. Tournaments should either be a go for that day or a no go.

But for those that want to trailer, there are some trails and a lot of bass clubs do trailer every event.

Right on to both of you. If leaving a designated take off area for 2-300 boats like at BASS or FLW doesn't appeal to you there are dozens of tournaments that trailer or will trailer in inclement weather. If I'm entering as a CO and I may this year I'll wait and enter right before tournament day and make a decision based on the weather. Ram series you can enter on the Friday before. I won't trust any boater I don't know with making decisions regarding how to operate a boat in 20-30 mph winds. You don't have to take a test or be a certain age to buy or operate a 21 'boat with a 250 hp motor. When I fished the Cowboy division I saw boats almost swamped at take off on Rayburn negotiating the swells from the boats in front of them. They weren't going fishing, they were racing. 2cents

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12572096 01/10/18 03:10 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
definitely time to allow trailering......all the arguments against it are not worth the loss of one life....

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: beartrap] #12572101 01/10/18 03:16 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: beartrap
definitely time to allow trailering......all the arguments against it are not worth the loss of one life....

While I agree on your premise and feelings......it's a sport with grown men who should be able to make their own decisions.
Accidents happen in life, sometimes with tragic outcomes. Callous as it sounds, life goes on.

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12572108 01/10/18 03:24 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: flukeman83
You know Red ...... I agree with most everything you said ... until you you go talking about how your BIG "boat" makes you a better Tournament fisherman & how "trailering" puts "YOU" at a disadvantage.
I know a lot of teams that have won tournaments and got BIG checks out of pontoon boats and boats with a 50hp motor --- like mine.
Bigger does not make a fisherman better.
But agree with most everything in your post

So you took Red as saying he is a better angler because he has a bigger boat out of that?
Looks like he is just saying he chose a bigger boat to be able to be competitive if the weather gets bad.

Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12572117 01/10/18 03:31 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
This stuff is getting so out of hand...I have the solution:

Announcing the new Can't Please Everyone Tournament Trail to be known at CPETT.

2 Divisions - Trailering and Non-Trailering

Within each division - you can pick whether you want to have 5 fish limits, 3 fish limits, do a paper tourney or only weigh in the biggest bass of the day.

From there it will further break down into more 3 choices of Paying out 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 or heck, even 1 in 3.

If my math is right, that would give every 24 dam choices and even then, everyone still wouldn't be happy!!!

This thread was started because of some comments on another thread that involved someone being KILLED doing what we all love to do and has turned into another TFF circus in some ways. Remember someone died....and while there are some good and what I consider bad posts on here, it ultimately got started because someone died. Rant over...pretty sure in all my years on this forum, this is my only rant ever. Have a great day

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: DBFishing83] #12572118 01/10/18 03:31 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Who thinks trailering prevents freak accidents? C'mon people lets use some common sense.

Last edited by BMCD; 01/10/18 04:29 PM.
Re: To Trailer or Not in Tournaments [Re: Chris G] #12572139 01/10/18 03:46 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Chris G
This stuff is getting so out of hand...I have the solution:

Announcing the new Can't Please Everyone Tournament Trail to be known at CPETT.

2 Divisions - Trailering and Non-Trailering

Within each division - you can pick whether you want to have 5 fish limits, 3 fish limits, do a paper tourney or only weigh in the biggest bass of the day.

From there it will further break down into more 3 choices of Paying out 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 or heck, even 1 in 3.

If my math is right, that would give every 24 dam choices and even then, everyone still wouldn't be happy!!!

This thread was started because of some comments on another thread that involved someone being KILLED doing what we all love to do and has turned into another TFF circus in some ways. Remember someone died....and while there are some good and what I consider bad posts on here, it ultimately got started because someone died. Rant over...pretty sure in all my years on this forum, this is my only rant ever. Have a great day

People die everyday, it happens. There was a tragic accident or perhaps some bad decisions made by one or more individuals that caused a death, that is still part of life.

Sometimes people make bad choices and they get injured or worse. Why change things because one tragedy? Do the math on anglers killed in tournaments and it will be hundredths or perhaps even thousandths of one percentage point of all those that participate in tournaments.

If someone is worried or concerned about their personal safety then it's simple, stay home that day. People being accountable for their decisions and actions is what makes things safe, not regulations and rules ,IMO ..

("rerant" over laugh )

#MFGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide