Forums59
Topics1,047,500
Posts14,107,501
Members144,388
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: aquaholic1822] #12485606 10/31/17 02:47 PM
410MAN Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

I will say this....the sleep doctor I went too was a bunch of bulllark

BBBT I had same experience with Doc here in Longview

Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12485816 10/31/17 04:37 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
one thing I learned early on, never take legal or medical advise from anyone on these forums.

It's not medical advice it's a warning of the scam it is. Big difference. I found out the hard way $$$ and glad I knew better than continue. $$$$+

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: TroyKing] #12485818 10/31/17 04:39 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
[quote=Bass_Bustin_Texan]You breathe through your mouth or nose? That condition is a nose condition.

Try nasal strips. Open that nose up. Until I got a CPAP I didn't realize I was a mouth breather..my nose is usually stopped up feeling ...and the CPAP has exposed that fact even more. When I lay down at night it's tough to get air in through my nose even with positive pressure...and it's even more of a struggle to exhale through my nose against positive pressure.. I do wear two nasal strips and that helps.. the only way I can breathe clearly is with a nasal decongestant, and they don't last all night and I don't like them.

I'd go see a ear nose and throat doctor first. Sounds like that is more your issue. Not the Sleep Quack Doctor.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12485826 10/31/17 04:41 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822
Weight loss

Myth. I lost 60 lbs and it started up. Usually weight does factor in but not always. Skinny people have it also.
I have been told the surgery is dangerous.
I went to my ENT doctor today to see what options are out there... turns out I have a deviated septum that is causing a 50% blockage, as well as swollen turbinates...he said my the nasal passages are about about 80% restricted...and can fix me up with a pretty common day surgery.

How do you know he is telling the truth or just telling you that?

I'd be cautious. Doctor wants money and nothing else. Just remember that. He has a large house he needs to pay for. Doctor appointments don't pay the mortgage.

Don't you think for the millions of CPAP users more would have this surgery? It sounds like your doctor went the the same school as the one I went too.....Scam School. Just my opinion.

You live a paranoid life.

Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: TroyKing] #12485837 10/31/17 04:45 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
You live a miserable life to comment on every post I make.

GO AWAY.

Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12485848 10/31/17 04:50 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

GO AWAY.

Paranoid that a Dr will lie but gets all of his facts from buddies and google

Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12485858 10/31/17 04:53 PM
aquaholic1822 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

GO AWAY.

He does....Its pretty sad actually.

[Linked Image]
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Ghost4BH] #12485863 10/31/17 04:54 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: JayC41

GO AWAY.

Paranoid that a Dr will lie but gets all of his facts from buddies and google

GO away. I dealt with sleeplessness for 10 years. I went to every doctor known to man during that time. Tried everything under the sun. I fixed my problem myself. How does that have to do with google or friends?

Yeah, I do use google...it's 2017, get with it. Put up the encyclopedia.

Yes, I do have a ton of friends....and none of them are on TFF. (I did meet 2 folks who on the TFF who make a lasting impression on me, but my friends don't come from the internet.)

Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12485874 10/31/17 04:57 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
one thing I learned early on, never take legal or medical advise from anyone on these forums.

It's not medical advice it's a warning of the scam it is. Big difference. I found out the hard way $$$ and glad I knew better than continue. $$$$+

no one was talking to you.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #12485882 10/31/17 05:02 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

no one was talking to you.

Just covering my bases. wink

Re: Surgery / procedure's to cure sleep apnea? [Re: TroyKing] #12486016 10/31/17 06:19 PM
O
OldCrow Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
There is a surgical option and its not the old UP3 (where tonsils, adenoids and soft palate are removed). That really sent done anymore because of the poor results. Maxillofacial surgeons can perform a procedure that involves moving the upper and lower jawbones forward as well as altering the chin to tighten the soft tissue and muscles under the chin, all this has the effect of maintaining a more patent airway. It is approx 90-95% effective with little to no relapse of having to go back on CPAP. That being said, CPAP is still the gold standard of OSA treatment and this surgery is reserved for those people that just cannot tolerate or otherwise use CPAP.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide