Forums59
Topics1,039,325
Posts13,962,856
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12450472 10/02/17 09:48 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Wow! Sorry to hear about that little altercation David.

Had a similar situation happen to me years ago in the back of Double Creek, the first creek on the right past the Birch Creek bridge. It was late-March and there were bedding fish all over the banks. We had fished to this long L-Shaped dock and was up near it throwing at the bank. We were not touching the dock nor tied to it.

All of a sudden we hear a shotgun blast up on the hill and an old lady comes riding down the hill to the dock on a riding lawnmower. She proceeds to walk out on the dock and lays the shotgun across her lap as she sits down on one of her chairs.

Of course when the shotgun went off it got my undivided attention and I started moving the boat away from the dock. She is sitting there glaring at us. I say something like, "Oh hello, nice day we're having" and she just glares at us as I am moving the boat away on the TM. eeks

It was about 11 am so I decide it is a GOOD TIME to leave the cove and go in to have lunch. We get to Rainswood for lunch and I run into Gary Dugan, GW for the area at that time. I tell him what happened and he says, "Oh yeah, I know Old Mrs. XXXX, I'll go have a talk with her."

That was quite a few years ago. I bet Mrs. XXXX is in heaven now (or not).

roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12450506 10/02/17 10:17 PM
T
Tritan Bass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Watch out for the dock owner in Glade in the back on the right. I live out of state so I only get to fish Fork a couple of times of the year but I love Glade and fishing the pads on that side (East). His dock holds some good bass too (please fish it!!!!) so I always fish around it. He gets in his golf cart and comes roaring down every time yelling at me! He moves exceptionally fast for someone who has an artificial leg.
It is his water since he paid a lot of money to put that dock in!!!! So he say... I explain I pay a lot of money for a license to fish the water around his dock. I never touch the dock at all. He threatens my life every time. He also threatens to call the Sheriff (claims to know him). Every time I pull out my cellphone and offer to call him myself but he declines to give me the number. I tell him I would love to share with his "friend" that he threatened my life! He usually starts casting a "catfish" rod with a big weight on it in my area until I move on. What an [censored]! But I am there at least once a day when I am there ...sometimes for spite!!!!!

Ellis Chandlee
PB 11.15 from Fork
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12450957 10/03/17 03:13 AM
stringwise Offline
Angler
Angler
Makes sense to have a boat dock on a lake that's primarily used by fishermen and get an attitude when people fish it.

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: SteezMacQueen] #12451000 10/03/17 03:47 AM
T
toofy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I've had dock owners invite me to fish their docks....and I've had em yell at me for fishing their docks.

Just respect their property and fish on. It's just a fish.

You're welcome to fish my dock on Eagle Mtn. A few of my friends know where I have the little fridge hidden in the cabinets which usually has cold beer in it.... bouncy

I have 4 security cameras on my dock which I can watch on my phone. I use them mainly to see if anyone is catching anything. One time I saw a guy get out on the dock to get his hook which was stuck in the wood. I appreciate him not leaving it there for my kids to step on. Another friend texted me a photo of a fish he just caught off my dock. So I went back to the cameras and sent him a great video of him catching it!

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: toofy] #12451167 10/03/17 12:42 PM
A
AgSellers04 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: toofy

You're welcome to fish my dock on Eagle Mtn. A few of my friends know where I have the little fridge hidden in the cabinets which usually has cold beer in it.... bouncy

I have 4 security cameras on my dock which I can watch on my phone. I use them mainly to see if anyone is catching anything. One time I saw a guy get out on the dock to get his hook which was stuck in the wood. I appreciate him not leaving it there for my kids to step on. Another friend texted me a photo of a fish he just caught off my dock. So I went back to the cameras and sent him a great video of him catching it!

Now you sir, are a great American.

PBs

LMB- 11 lbs., 7 oz. Falcon

Striper- 40 lb. Long Is. Sound
BlueCat- 30 lb. Texoma
Hybrid-8.2 lb. Lewisville
Cutthroat Trout-22" Yellowstone R, WY
Rainbow Trout- 21" Blitzen R, OR
Steelhead- 8 lb. Umpqua R, OR
Redfish-20 lb. Panama C. Bay, FL

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12451593 10/03/17 05:53 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
First class right ther toofy!

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12451632 10/03/17 06:16 PM
H
Hog Jaw Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
H
I'm a Dock Owner myself , we just sit back and watch .

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12451674 10/03/17 06:38 PM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
You can fish my dock also but you're gonna have some company... Our Yellow Lab pup loves to swim out to see if you have any treats on board... I'm trying to break him but if he see you before I do it's too late... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: Dan21XRS] #12451782 10/03/17 07:29 PM
D
David Burton Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: Dan A
You can fish my dock also but you're gonna have some company... Our Yellow Lab pup loves to swim out to see if you have any treats on board... I'm trying to break him but if he see you before I do it's too late... Dan

I almost got to take one for a ride earlier this year. Also rescued one from a couple of fighting dogs on Bob Sandlin and took him home to his own dock down further into Millionaire Cove so it didn't have to swim a half mile.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12451881 10/03/17 08:33 PM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I had my dock built a couple years ago in Little Caney and don't mind people fishing around it. The only problem I have and have mentioned on here before... I've had 2 guys that I've never seen before pull into my dock and actually use the boat lift to lift their boat out of the water then they started walking around my dock... they did it to get out of the rain like a lot of us have had to do before but you Never use someone's lift and especially don't get out of your boat. Moral of the story is if I don't know you and you do something like no navigational lights at night or step on my dock, I have no idea what your intentions are, especially with all the dock thiefs around here.

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: Dan21XRS] #12451885 10/03/17 08:34 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Dan A

I always have a few milk bones on the boat!

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12452001 10/03/17 10:03 PM
L
Little Mustang Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
The boat dock owners on the South side of Little Mustang don't need a gun for gopher's, only snakes. We also drink beer and whiskey not Umbrella Drinks like the people on the north side. I live straight across the cove from Caddy Shack Boy.

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: David Burton] #12452052 10/03/17 11:01 PM
ForkAngler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have a dock in Little Mustang also, I have no problems with anglers fishing around my dock. Only things I ask is to do no damage, stay off of my dock and don't interfere with my fishing.

Enjoy the cove !

Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: Bobby Milam] #12452126 10/04/17 12:07 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
I wonder how many people will go fish that dock now. I've talked to dock owners while fishing and they'll tell me the crazy damage that people will do to their property to get a lure back. One had one of the under water lights that someone had gotten a lure stuck in and pulled it up and cut the cable so they could retrieve the lure. I'd probably have a little attitude if I lived there and dealt with some of the idiots all the time.

How much damage can be done to a dock retrieving a lure? I find this hard to believe. The wire leasing to that light should have been hot.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Beware of Lake Fork Dock "Owner" [Re: Rayzor] #12452239 10/04/17 01:19 AM
T
Troyz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Rayzor
Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
I wonder how many people will go fish that dock now. I've talked to dock owners while fishing and they'll tell me the crazy damage that people will do to their property to get a lure back. One had one of the under water lights that someone had gotten a lure stuck in and pulled it up and cut the cable so they could retrieve the lure. I'd probably have a little attitude if I lived there and dealt with some of the idiots all the time.

How much damage can be done to a dock retrieving a lure? I find this hard to believe. The wire leasing to that light should have been hot.

I am in that group that welcomes anyone to fish around my dock as long as my or my family are not on the dock fishing ourselves. If we are I would prefer that you come back and fish it another time. As far as what damage can be done, wires cut, ropes cut, chips knocked out of gel coat on boats and jet ski's, hooks left in various places on the dock so people can easily step on them or get them caught in their hands, lights covers broken, bulbs broken and the list goes on. (I know it may be hard to believe but there are people out there that can not cast worth a damn.) Most dock owners chalk it up to part of the cost of living on the lake a and owning a dock. By far most fishermen (and women) are careful around docks and respectful of others property, but you do have that few that just don't seem to care about anyone else or their property. And, you have those dock owners that seem to think they own the water and make a real pest of themselves if someone gets close to their docks.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide