B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: txshotgun
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Should we govern vehicles to 75mph max?

I dont know why they sell cars with 600hp.

False equivalence.

We shouldn't ban guns, just certain styles, modifications, ect. No need for that extra power.

Same with a car. 600hp is overkill. Speed limit by law is 75mph on I-20.

#1 death in USA is vehicles.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12453869 10/05/17 01:29 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
The texting ban lasted a week around here. People are breaking the law left and right now a month later.

Laws don't change things, enforcement does.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12453880 10/05/17 01:36 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
The texting ban lasted a week around here. People are breaking the law left and right now a month later.

Laws don't change things, enforcement does.

Yup.

If a State wants to ban echo triggers and bump stocks I see no reason for them not to do so.

Right now they are legal because they don't meet the current ATF definition of a machinegun. I think they snuck past the "single function of the trigger" requirement.

(b) Machinegun

The term machinegun means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5845

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Bob Davis] #12453897 10/05/17 01:44 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Bob Davis
We can't legislate our way out of this, to think that we can is foolhardy. You can 3D print a device in about 5 minutes or you can use a belt loop or a crank. I am against full auto, and see no need for it, but any legislation would be nothing more than a placebo.

It may make more sense to legislate concert venues. An open field packed with 40,000 people shoulder to shoulder enclosed by chain link is like shooting fish in a barrel. Especially with high rise hotels within range.

thumb

Some crazy person who wants to kill people will not be stopped by laws.

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12453906 10/05/17 01:47 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline OP
aka "Dad"
OP Offline
aka "Dad"
I think whats bothering me is not the prospect of any type of gun ban, but ... well, let me try to find words.

One of the great things about the internet is that it promotes the free exchange of information. Lord knows that when the information being provided is how to engage in civil disobedience or riots, the interweb seems to love it. But to suppress knowledge - even knowledge of how to build weapons - is one of the basest wrongs there is.

Yeah, thats it. I can live with the idea that some firearns technology might be illegal to own or use. I dont' like the idea that knowledge itself could be banned.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Gamblinman] #12453909 10/05/17 01:48 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

Lots of fun, and you find out real quick what ammo you're weapon likes best. I found Federal brass works best. The steel ammo not so much.

You are soo right about that. Took me a while to find out how to get the long controlled string of shots out of mine.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12453926 10/05/17 02:00 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Bump stocks and whatever are entrepreneurs way of making money. From what I've read some weapons can easily be made to fire very fast with simple tricks. If so the key is to make laws that govern the manufacture of these gun mechanisms so they cannot easily fire so fast.
It seems like that would address the problem. Banning bump stocks only means the next best thing will be what people get.

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: SheldonS] #12453944 10/05/17 02:11 PM
JavelinJ Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: SheldonS
We can't legislate our way out of this, to think that we can is foolhardy. You can 3D print a device in about 5 minutes or you can use a belt loop or a crank. I am against full auto, and see no need for it, but any legislation would be nothing more than a placebo.

It may make more sense to legislate concert venues. An open field packed with 40,000 people shoulder to shoulder enclosed by chain link is like shooting fish in a barrel. Especially with high rise hotels within range.

thumb

Isn't the act of killing someone against the "law"?

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: JavelinJ] #12453980 10/05/17 02:30 PM
SheldonS Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: txfour
Originally Posted By: SheldonS

thumb

Isn't the act of killing someone against the "law"?

And nevertheless it still occurs.

One does not need a bump fire stock to fire rapidly.

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12454027 10/05/17 03:02 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

False equivalence.

We shouldn't ban guns, just certain styles, modifications, ect. No need for that extra power.

A bump stock doesn't make a .223/5.56 more powerful. It allows a person to shoot ammo more quickly.

The #1 cause of death in the USA is heart disease (by a pretty wide margin).

[Linked Image]
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12454037 10/05/17 03:05 PM
S
soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
answer= it doesn't matter how many people die. There IS a way to stop this, we don't care. Let god sortem out.

pledge= fishstick
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Uncle Zeek] #12454044 10/05/17 03:08 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If this guy had used his bipod and a decent scope, with a little know-how he could have killed many more people by taking aimed shots. The bumpstock allowed him to put a lot of rounds towards the crowd, but none of them were really aimed.

I have no use for a bumpstock, but I don't think they should be banned, and I'm not sure how much good it would do, because it seems like you can fire a semi-auto in a similar fashion without one. He also had a lot of ammonium and tannerite in his vehicle parked at Mandalay Bay. This guy was a terrorist. I'm tired of giving up rights/conveniences/abilities because terrorists commit horrible acts.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12454050 10/05/17 03:13 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

False equivalence.

A bump stock doesn't make a .223/5.56 more powerful. It allows a person to shoot ammo more quickly.

The #1 cause of death in the USA is heart disease (by a pretty wide margin).

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...d_#Post12452531

Not a very popular topic here on the TFF. One reply in about 24 hours. Post about automatic guns and it's a reply every 5 minutes for 3 days straight.

Sad, we don't control the one thing we can control ourselves...is right there with us all day long.

Crazy people.....we can't control that as easy.

Sorry, back on topic,

http://asirt.org/initiatives/informing-road-users/road-safety-facts/road-crash-statistics

3,287 on average die a day in vehicles. That's a whole lot of mass shooting a day.

I know a lot more people who died in car crashes in this small community than I do in gun fights or shootings. Lot of young lives have been lost here....many good friends over the years.

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12454054 10/05/17 03:16 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
If this guy had used his bipod and a decent scope, with a little know-how he could have killed many more people by taking aimed shots. The bumpstock allowed him to put a lot of rounds towards the crowd, but none of them were really aimed.

I have no use for a bumpstock, but I don't think they should be banned, and I'm not sure how much good it would do, because it seems like you can fire a semi-auto in a similar fashion without one. He also had a lot of ammonium and tannerite in his vehicle parked at Mandalay Bay. This guy was a terrorist. I'm tired of giving up rights/conveniences/abilities because terrorists commit horrible acts.

Not to mention he stayed at a hotel down there road during another music festival. Dude was nuts.

Re: Bump fire stocks and Youtube [Re: Duck_Hunter] #12454056 10/05/17 03:17 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

I don't disagree with your last statement. But if modern automatic weapons are illegal to own, then why are devices that make a weapon operate like an automatic weapon not regulated in the same way?

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide