Re: youtubers [Re: Billy_Lawson] #12124471 03/05/17 03:55 AM
N
NTXBankFishing Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
Let me tell you guys how sorry this lunkerstv is! First he served his country honorably in a very high capacity at a time of war. Then he helped grow a business and made a little money. Now he's doing something he really lives and growing another business at that. He helps a lot of folks along the way, from simple things like giving a tow, to loaning his boat to a college team in need. And now at my families greatest time of need he has used the platform he has created through an immense amount of hard work to help generate funds to help our family! Including donating money himself! I'm very proud to consider him a friend and really look forward to seeing what he can do for the fishing industry in the next few years. He's done all this at the age of 27 btw!

Seriously Lunkers I can't thank y'all enough. The rest of the googans he runs with are pretty good folks too from my experience.

cheers

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: youtubers [Re: LunkersTV] #12124504 03/05/17 04:35 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: LunkersTV
Instead of bashing someone for being successful why doesn't this forum or group of pros help one of their fellow fisherman in need?

Those damn youtubers

http://bit.ly/HelpAlisha

Good cause, let's fire up the donations, give what you can to help out.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: youtubers [Re: Billy_Lawson] #12124536 03/05/17 05:34 AM
P
Possumkingdomtackle Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Let me tell you guys how sorry this lunkerstv is! First he served his country honorably in a very high capacity at a time of war. Then he helped grow a business and made a little money. Now he's doing something he really lives and growing another business at that. He helps a lot of folks along the way, from simple things like giving a tow, to loaning his boat to a college team in need. And now at my families greatest time of need he has used the platform he has created through an immense amount of hard work to help generate funds to help our family! Including donating money himself! I'm very proud to consider him a friend and really look forward to seeing what he can do for the fishing industry in the next few years. He's done all this at the age of 27 btw!

Seriously Lunkers I can't thank y'all enough. The rest of the googans he runs with are pretty good folks too from my experience.

Sad thing is these guys that are bashing him don't want to hear the good only the bad, from what I've seen he's a stand up guy and I hope he continues to be successful.

Https://www.facebook.com/possumkingdomtackle
Re: youtubers [Re: Billy_Lawson] #12124693 03/05/17 02:10 PM
K
Kyle405 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K

Glad LunkersTV stepped up to use his platform to help you Billy. Godspeed to you and your family!

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12125704 03/06/17 01:14 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
popcorn

Jesus loves all of us
Re: youtubers [Re: Billy_Lawson] #12125738 03/06/17 01:35 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J

I just looked over LunkersTV old posts. 85-90% of the comments are nothing but praise. That's pretty good numbers for a public forum full of ego infused bass anglers. I'm not sure how anyone could say he got a bad wrap here other than one post with some negativity.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12125838 03/06/17 02:54 AM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Billy and lunkers do vid's together ? Correct.
And on this he served, or didn't serve is a play.. Don't do that, in my opinion it has nothing to do with the subject..

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12125961 03/06/17 04:41 AM
G
GOLFnFISH86 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Easy to say don't do that on the did he serve or not serve, I tend to give credit and acknowledgement where it is deserved. If you give your safety and freedom in order for me to have safety and freedom you tend to get more of my appreciation and respect. God bless our veterans.

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126017 03/06/17 05:34 AM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Yep...they get praise for serving. Can't believe that's getting questioned on this forum. Some people don't realize what it means for these guys to "serve"

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126049 03/06/17 07:57 AM
R
Ryan Boykin Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
As far as the topic goes, there are you tubers that I like and ones I don't. It's not a personal thing, it's not a generational thing, it's not a jealousy thing. I like the informative videos. All of them have some form of decent content, but not all are going to be everyone's cup of tea. Billy is probably the most informative, followed by Justin and Lunkers. There are some I think are funny and some I think are annoying. We don't go around eating BBQ Pringles and bash everyone who like Cool Ranch Doritos. So why do it about an Internet video? Watch what you like and don't watch what you don't. Having a grudge against, judging, or attacking someone you don't know at all because you don't like their 13 minute fishing video is beyond idiotic.

And I agree with Red Skeeter on the service point of view. While I thank him for his service and it's awesome, it has no context or relevance in relation to how people should view his videos.It reflects, as Billy said, his character and the type of person he is without a doubt and that I think is without question. I don't think Red was questioning him getting praise for his service in anyway.

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126167 03/06/17 12:58 PM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Ryan, I agree wth you in the first part...but HIGHLY disagree on the second. You're a vet....so I understand why you would say that. People not only love, but highly support veterans. A veteran owned business should get the attention it deserves, and I think an overwhelming majority of people would agree.

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126178 03/06/17 01:05 PM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
And I'll add that everything said about Lawson and Lunkers military experience goes to character reference.

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126180 03/06/17 01:08 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
There are a lot of veterans on this forum that never go on about their service record. Combat, when it is up front and personal is a terrible thing. There are those that never forget it. Out of respect for the ones that didn't come back, we choose not to go on about it, and try our best to stow it away. We fish because we love it and it clears the mind.
I don't agree with anyone trading on their service record to get ahead in life. Their story becomes about them and not the guys they served with. One of his videos is even about" My first Kill"
My advise to the offender is to forget your service record, don't talk about it anymore. Just put it away and you will do a lot better.
This post may get me banned from the forum. I don't really care.
You guys take care out there

Last edited by west tex angler; 03/06/17 01:21 PM.

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126194 03/06/17 01:16 PM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
again, these guys were praised by other for their service and praised for character. Nothing else.

Re: youtubers [Re: NTXBankFishing] #12126247 03/06/17 01:47 PM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Let me take a step back and say this, I do not, for one, think that RedSkeeter was downplaying or discrediting anyone's service. If it was taken that way, that was not my intentions. I don't know him personally, but I know him through others and on this forum and I do not for one second think that he does not support our troops and that he is not a patriot

That's my last comment on this subject. This is WAY off topic.

Last edited by Ronnie Kelley; 03/06/17 01:53 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide