Forums59
Topics1,039,826
Posts13,970,851
Members144,220
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12097789 02/16/17 09:16 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Instead of this....
http://www.activia.us.com/probiotic-yogurt/nutrition/activia-fruit-fusion-strawberry-raspberry

Try this...less sugar and better for you. Greek yogurt is good for the body! Lot more protein too!
https://www.yoplait.com/product/greek-100-raspberry

I had the lime flavor yesterday...very tasty.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youดre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12097793 02/16/17 09:17 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Damn, I am starting to act like my wife. LOL...she taught me how to read those labels. Don't trust the marketing....trust the nutrition label only!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12097855 02/16/17 09:53 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Great info on some alternatives to what I have been doing. I can tell you that the one thing I did find out pretty quick is the Mio's come in a few different types and the Energy Mio has caffeine in it that would almost make me dizzy. Had to stop using those.
My wife eats the Yoplait yougurts but I didn't like the strong tangy taste of the yogurts she was getting so I tried some and when I found the Fruit Fusion which actually has chunks of fruit in them I liked the taste better than others. My next step is to just by Greek yogurt and take my fruit and mix my own.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12100803 02/19/17 12:35 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I am starting back tomorrow with the cardio. I was hitting it pretty hard last summer but stopped due to some other issues... My weakness is the beer. I am not an alcoholic, I can go without. I just enjoy beer. Ive been eating better as of the last few weeks, but I need to incorporate exercise. I want to loose 30 by my birthday in July.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Pintail711] #12100904 02/19/17 02:00 AM
Okie Poke Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Pintail711
I am starting back tomorrow with the cardio. I was hitting it pretty hard last summer but stopped due to some other issues... My weakness is the beer. I am not an alcoholic, I can go without. I just enjoy beer. Ive been eating better as of the last few weeks, but I need to incorporate exercise. I want to loose 30 by my birthday in July.

You can do it, bro......if I can do it, anybody can that sets their mind to it. My exercise has increased a whole lot. Since I've lost some weight, my knees feel so much better. I've had to increase the amount of time I'm exercising to continue to lose the weight. I'm going 4 miles each time out, so I'm getting cardio for approx 20 miles/week. Feeling so good but not losing much this week. Tomorrow is report day. We'll see how it turns out. Unfortunately, this is the first week I've touched my lips to chocolate, all because of Valentines Day haha! I'm hoping to at least have a favorable number, and that's at least one pound lost........beer is good, Pintail, but only in moderation. Just do it, bro.....But you gotta want it!

๐Ÿ˜Ž Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Pintail711] #12101253 02/19/17 01:05 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Pintail711

Join us at MiCasita Thursday at 6pm. We run 3,4,5 miles...all paces, all types of folks. We then eat tacos and drink a beer afterwards. After that run, tacos, and a single beer...you will go home to sleep instead of drinking more!

Come on out!!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12101968 02/20/17 12:22 AM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
WEEK 7 is history....It ain't much, but I had only 1 lb lost from last week. Weight today is 232. I'll take it. I'm 2 lbs away from my goal of 230......

Bring on WEEK 8!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12102510 02/20/17 11:56 AM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Good job, Okie! Almost there!
I had a hard week, 35 miles running and 55 miles on the bike. When I get near 100 miles in a week...I know I done something! smile

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12110445 02/24/17 07:01 PM
TBassYates Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Started on the 14th and now on the 24th it has been 10 days. Feeling good and after starting at 193 this morning I hit 189 so the first time under 190 in I can't remember when. Felt really good at my last fishing tournament a couple of weekends back but I am really looking forward to my next two tournaments coming up in a couple of weeks just because I know for me even something as 4 lbs really makes a difference and if I can loose another pound or two by then I can't imagine how great it will be. I think after this first few months I am hoping I really get even more motivated to really working out more so that I really get results even though I have no urge to become any body builder. Just want to feel healthier. I want to still be fishing and hanging with family and grandkids well into my 70's and beyond.

[Linked Image]
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: TBassYates] #12111324 02/25/17 11:15 AM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: TBassYates
I want to still be fishing and hanging with family and grandkids well into my 70's and beyond.

Yup, you got that right! Having a kid and nearing the 40 year mark, made me change my lifestyle!

I hang out with some older guys, 60-70 age group. They ride bikes, are in great shape and you can tell they enjoy life (better than other people their age stuck in hospitals.)

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12113023 02/26/17 07:29 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Well, week 8 is in the books! Unfortunately, I can say that I'm headed in the wrong direction now. It was definitely a setback week for me. I was out of town Mon-Thurs and calling on clients that like to eat and drink way too much. I conceded in helping them out with that. I have exercised zero times this week. Pitiful? Yes, it is. It's a new day tomorrow, though. It's time to crank it up and get to my goal weight of 230. Last week my weight was 232. Today's weight is 234. Yes, 2lb gain. It was fun this last week but it is time to find a way to scrap out another 4 lbs and get to my desired goal. bang bang bang bang bang

Here's to Week 9.... cheers......without the beer!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12114336 02/27/17 04:12 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
That's alright, just use that as motivation for this week!

I'm still chipping away at it, still in the 220's but I'm at the least I've weighed since last fall. My body has gotten great at holding onto things I eat, and taking a straight a** whipping before my HR gets up enough to start sweating. Looking in the mirror last night, I think I'm starting to see a difference, noticed some loose belly skin so I think it's coming around.

I'm going on a guys weekend camping trip next Friday, so I'm going to have to work my rear off this week to cover it.

Last edited by NoconaBrian; 02/27/17 04:13 PM.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12115841 02/28/17 12:27 PM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Thanks, Brian...that is the plan. I will make up for lost time this week, guaranteed. Motivated, energized, dedicated, just not highly sophisticated. Gonna be a good weight on Sunday! Work hard this week, Brian, so you can do a few more twelve ounce curls when the time is right. Good Luck!

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: TBassYates] #12117886 03/01/17 11:36 AM
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: TBassYates
Started on the 14th and now on the 24th it has been 10 days. Feeling good and after starting at 193 this morning I hit 189 so the first time under 190 in I can't remember when. Felt really good at my last fishing tournament a couple of weekends back but I am really looking forward to my next two tournaments coming up in a couple of weeks just because I know for me even something as 4 lbs really makes a difference and if I can loose another pound or two by then I can't imagine how great it will be. I think after this first few months I am hoping I really get even more motivated to really working out more so that I really get results even though I have no urge to become any body builder. Just want to feel healthier. I want to still be fishing and hanging with family and grandkids well into my 70's and beyond.

Good job, Tommy! You keep this up and you'll still be fishing tournaments into your 90's. I'm almost to my desired weight loss goal, and I'm looking forward to re-evaluating to determine where I'm going next.

Re: It's time!! Anybody need an accountability partner? [Re: Okie Poke] #12121817 03/03/17 03:05 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Well, I thought I was going to wake up in the sub 220 weight class this morning. Hit 221 on the nose. I might've been, but I don't remember being this thin when I rode the Hotter'n Hell last Sept. I weighed 5 lbs less then but now my ring will slide right off my finger, which is a crazy thought that I'm thinner now than when we got married 5 or 6 years ago, as I think that time frame as one of my fittest.

Going to try an pick it back up Monday and keep it going full throttle.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide