H
Hookem Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK
Originally Posted By: Kattelyn
Not any H.E.B in my area. I have heard a lot of good things about them as a company. As far has the Jewish "HeeB" reference. I learned that term from Mel Brooks movies. Most of which I can quote line for line. BTW should we find Cracker Barrel offensive?

I can quote line for line most of the good Mel Brooks movies and again, I had never ever heard it before. And my dad wasn't exactly the most ... civilized or politically correct person you've ever met. WWII army, proud member of the Kangaroo Coffee Club.... How on earth he and my mother fell in love and got married and STAYED married is beyond me.

Archie and Edith ?

Originally Posted By: Hookem
The slang was used at 704 Hauser Street.

Re: When it comes to HEB... [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #12109121 02/23/17 11:32 PM
K
Kattelyn Offline OP
Little Psycho Coffee
OP Offline
Little Psycho Coffee
K
Not any H.E.B in my area. I have heard a lot of good things about them as a company. As far has the Jewish "HeeB" reference. I learned that term from Mel Brooks movies. Most of which I can quote line for line. BTW should we find Cracker Barrel offensive?

I can quote line for line most of the good Mel Brooks movies and again, I had never ever heard it before. And my dad wasn't exactly the most ... civilized or politically correct person you've ever met. WWII army, proud member of the Kangaroo Coffee Club.... How on earth he and my mother fell in love and got married and STAYED married is beyond me.

Archie and Edith ?

Never get me wrong... I love my daddy and miss him very very much. I was his puppy. But the difference between illiterate, Kentucky born, CCC, he was a hobo for a while and rode the rails, WWII army, Archie Bunker is about right.
My mother came from extremely poor roots, but was a lawyer and fought for women's and civil rights in the courts through the 50s, 60s, and finally retired in the 70s. Fluent in six languages. When they met she owned four apartment complexes in Ann Arbor and Detroit. She retired, married him, and then adopted me the next year.

Re: When it comes to HEB... [Re: Kattelyn] #12109162 02/24/17 12:06 AM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Archie and Edith ?

Never get me wrong... I love my daddy and miss him very very much. I was his puppy. But the difference between illiterate, Kentucky born, CCC, he was a hobo for a while and rode the rails, WWII army, Archie Bunker is about right.
My mother came from extremely poor roots, but was a lawyer and fought for women's and civil rights in the courts through the 50s, 60s, and finally retired in the 70s. Fluent in six languages. When they met she owned four apartment complexes in Ann Arbor and Detroit. She retired, married him, and then adopted me the next year.

I would have loved your daddy!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: When it comes to HEB... [Re: Kattelyn] #12109346 02/24/17 02:01 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
It has to do with where you live and what you expect. I don't live in McKinney to only have an HEB grocery store.

Re: When it comes to HEB... [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #12109352 02/24/17 02:07 AM
Trunkful Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted By: fishslime
Scared to death we were getting an HEB in McKinney as they bought the old Tom Thumb property. They were forced to close because Albertson bought Tom Thumb and Market Street making too many Albertsons here - antitrust thing. However, Tom Thumb is moving back into it, which makes me happy. I'm pretty sure Trump had something to do with it! HEB is a good store but has a way of running the rest out of town once they get established. If you don't believe me, check out San Antonio.

I don't see the problem with HEB running everyone out of town. They have good products, great pricing, and are a Texas owned company. They give a tremendous amount of money to charities and the community, and employ over 76,000 employees. Not too sure what there is to be fearful of.

cheers

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide