Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: J.H.S.] #12133158 03/09/17 06:27 PM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Josh Seale
What I don't get is why, when you aren't fishing a tournament, do you put all 5 in the livewell and carry them around all day just to take a picture holding all of them. That one blows my mind.

People that fish tourneys are able to get pictures of their strongers all the time. Whats wrong with keeping some so they can take a picture at the end of the day?

Heck you see the pros do the same on TV all the time.

If they are legally able to take them home and eat them, who cares if they take a picture and release them.

I promise you these guys are harming no more fish than tournament fisherman.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: westtexgolfer] #12133195 03/09/17 06:46 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Pressure may be finally getting to those Spence fish. It was fishing real good. I have been over there a handful of times and have caught them, and I'd consider my fishing skills pretty average. It was easy for awhile. And judging from all the FB photos it was easy for a bunch of people.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: sprigsss] #12133202 03/09/17 06:54 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
What I don't get is why, when you aren't fishing a tournament, do you put all 5 in the livewell and carry them around all day just to take a picture holding all of them. That one blows my mind.

People that fish tourneys are able to get pictures of their strongers all the time. Whats wrong with keeping some so they can take a picture at the end of the day?

If they are legally able to take them home and eat them, who cares if they take a picture and release them.

What is the point of carrying fish all day in a live-well and stressing them out for a "look at me" photo? If you want to post fb pictures that is perfectly fine. Catch, snap, release. Why do it if you aren't fishing a tournament? Why grab all 5 fish at one time ripping their gills to pieces so you can brag? It is called common sense. I see the pros do it and I don't exactly agree with it then either, but that is how they make a living, 99.99999999999999% of people I know do not. Catch, snap, release.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: westtexgolfer] #12133487 03/09/17 09:37 PM
Jaguar6 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Been tough as nails for me and couple other people I know lately. Numbers have dropped significantly over the past few weeks for us. Ivie has been heating up though! Caught some really nice fish there yesterday!

Old 18 Outfitters Pro Staff
Wicked Weights High Quality Tungsten Pro Staff
TH Marine Pro Staff
Fin Culture Fishing Apparel
Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: westtexgolfer] #12133565 03/09/17 10:23 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I can't say I am surprised. She has been beat on pretty hard for about 6 or 7 months now.

Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: westtexgolfer] #12134225 03/10/17 04:20 AM
S
sprigsss Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
S
I understand what you are saying. Only bass that go in our livewells are tournament fish and spotted bass on Alan Henry.

I just mostly see tournament fishermen complain about this. I think its hypocritical for tournament fishermen to do this several times during the year and complain when someone has perhaps the best fishing day of their life.

I dont take pictures to brag to anyone, i take pictures so i can look back on them years down the road.

Those guys are doing less harm at the end of the year than many tournament fisherman and arent eating them.

Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: westtexgolfer] #12134246 03/10/17 04:55 AM
B
Bassin Fever Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Is the warning still on about the only eating eight oz. of fish out of Alan Henry per month because of mercury poison? I noticed sprigsss you posted you are keeping the spotted bass. We quit fishing Henry when the warning went into effect.. My wife and I were keeping a few spots and eating them.

Last edited by Bassin Fever; 03/10/17 04:56 AM.
Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: sprigsss] #12134671 03/10/17 03:17 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I understand what you are saying. Only bass that go in our livewells are tournament fish and spotted bass on Alan Henry.

I just mostly see tournament fishermen complain about this. I think its hypocritical for tournament fishermen to do this several times during the year and complain when someone has perhaps the best fishing day of their life.

I dont take pictures to brag to anyone, i take pictures so i can look back on them years down the road.

Those guys are doing less harm at the end of the year than many tournament fisherman and arent eating them.

To each their own. Just because I do not agree with it, doesn't make it wrong. I do not need to put 5 in my livewell if I am not fishing a tournament (hell it's hard enough for me to get 5 in a tournament)to get a boat ramp picture at the end of the day. If I feel like I need a picture, I will take a photo of the fish and then release. Like I said, my personal preference, it definitely doesn't mean I am right.

Re: Lake Spence & Oak Creek [Re: sprigsss] #12134683 03/10/17 03:22 PM
Huckleberry Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

If you win, you usually get a photo op with all of your fish, If you didn't win, well who cares what you caught. grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide