Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: LoneStarSon] #12074341 02/03/17 01:23 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: LoneStarSon®
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
I got a pain in my left elbow area...I feel a tendon that is tight run from my elbow into my wrist....then there is a tight spot above the elbow. So bad I can't lift a 12" cast iron skillet. Not sure what is wrong....hopefully time heals it.

I did fall on the elbow in my bike wreck a month ago. It had been tender working with my dumbbells once a week. Then I had a rough couple days installing furniture at work. I'm sure it's just over done it....as half our injuries come from! Overuse!
It COULD be inflammation, but I'd go have that looked at. If you don't have insurance, CareNow has a plan where you pay like $50 and it covers you with their 'insurance' for 6 months...and it's like $68 to go see them...it also gives you a discount on medications. You definitely need to take it easy and watch your body mechanics.

I went to the local Chiro (man and lady who run and bike). I told her about my elbow. She applied a pressure point, but didn't say anything out of the ordinary about it. She did mention I was tight....tighter than anybody she dealt with lately. All over. LOL!

You think a CareNow would diagnose inflammation and what would they give me? Take Tylenol and rest....huh?

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life you´re living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12074386 02/03/17 01:49 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
I
I'll definitely have to reconsider doing MMA, that is for sure. It's probably not a good idea to start in your 50s.

...wisdom!

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12076026 02/04/17 03:42 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
I got a pain in my left elbow area...I feel a tendon that is tight run from my elbow into my wrist....then there is a tight spot above the elbow. So bad I can't lift a 12" cast iron skillet. Not sure what is wrong....hopefully time heals it.

I did fall on the elbow in my bike wreck a month ago. It had been tender working with my dumbbells once a week. Then I had a rough couple days installing furniture at work. I'm sure it's just over done it....as half our injuries come from! Overuse!
It COULD be inflammation, but I'd go have that looked at. If you don't have insurance, CareNow has a plan where you pay like $50 and it covers you with their 'insurance' for 6 months...and it's like $68 to go see them...it also gives you a discount on medications. You definitely need to take it easy and watch your body mechanics.

I went to the local Chiro (man and lady who run and bike). I told her about my elbow. She applied a pressure point, but didn't say anything out of the ordinary about it. She did mention I was tight....tighter than anybody she dealt with lately. All over. LOL!

You think a CareNow would diagnose inflammation and what would they give me? Take Tylenol and rest....huh?
Actually, they'd probably give you Ibuprofen and tell you to rest it...and remember, Chiros are NOT medical doctors. I'd take a medical diagnosis from someone who went to medical school...and if it was extremely tight, it could be something that requires surgery...

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12076406 02/04/17 02:55 PM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Indianation65
I'll definitely have to reconsider doing MMA, that is for sure. It's probably not a good idea to start in your 50s.

...wisdom!

HAHA the joke is on you I am only ALMOST 50!

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: LoneStarSon] #12077626 02/05/17 01:37 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Actually, they'd probably give you Ibuprofen and tell you to rest it...and remember, Chiros are NOT medical doctors. I'd take a medical diagnosis from someone who went to medical school...and if it was extremely tight, it could be something that requires surgery...

Thanks, but for the tip. I'm not sure it's bad enough for surgery. I know a chiro isn't a doctor neither is a massage therapist. smile (Just messing with ya!)

I just got their opinion since they deal with muscles and bones....I work hard on my job and workout hard 6-7 days a week....all my muscles are tight and stay tight.

Time will have to heal it...I don't rush to docs everytime I feel an ache and pain. Runners learn to live through pain, and I don't use my arm to run. smile

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12077634 02/05/17 01:41 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
BTW the Chiro I went to is who Hasben (TFFer) son used when he was a professional motorcycle rider. He used to fly out to manage his injuries when he was in LA. THat was what sold me on this Chiro Clinic. Good enough for a Yamaha Pro, good enough for me! smile

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #12078032 02/05/17 05:36 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
BTW the Chiro I went to is who Hasben (TFFer) son used when he was a professional motorcycle rider. He used to fly out to manage his injuries when he was in LA. THat was what sold me on this Chiro Clinic. Good enough for a Yamaha Pro, good enough for me! smile
That's great. I'm glad you found one you liked. I've had to deal with so many making false claims and seriously injuring my clients, that I will never recommend someone go see one. Unfortunately, a lot of people believe they are medical doctors, and the chiropractors do not correct them.

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12083493 02/08/17 02:36 PM
I
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
I
Any ideas on a damaged hip flexor.

I tore it a couple years ago moving furniture/appliances into a moving truck. I didn't feel the damage until a day or two later, and it took months to heal.

It's never been the same. There are days/weeks and it's fine, but just the right/wrong foot placement, turn, bend, whatever, and it starts to act up. Once it gets sore, then the same foot placement, turn, bend, whatever, causes excruciating pain that almost knocks me to my knees.

I learned there are a lot of little muscles that make up the area of the hip flexor, and any "one" can get damaged, but when the pain hits, it's unbelievable what it does. It's a very weird pain.

So, ideas?

Addendum: I know stretching it is good for you, but I don't know if stretching it when it flairs up is wise. Probably "knot/not"!

...------

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12083718 02/08/17 04:17 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I got a Yoga video I can post if you want it....I did it last week when I was sore as all get out.

It's a Yoga video for cyclist. It has several stretches for HF. It's about 20 mins long.

After my bike wreck I had some issues with mine, about 3-4 week after wreck. Not sure if it was my longer distances I was running or what....but at night laying on it, my leg would go numb. I went to the chiro for that sole reason. I did have a few things out of place.....not sure if it was why I was sore there, but it seemed to help loosen me up.

Like you, I hit a certain pivot on that hip I feel a "catch", nothing bad.....but it has the feeling, "don't spin this joker too hard!"

I have been putting in a lot of miles this month so that could be adding to it.

It's better now though. I need to do that video again. I did it twice in 3 days. Really helps IMO.

Makes me wanna sign up for a Yoga class now. (See video you will understand!)

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12083725 02/08/17 04:21 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

I watched these a couple days ago after having some bad headaches last week from my Traps.

He says stretching is key to recovery. So to answer your question....I say stretch them HF. banana

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12083777 02/08/17 04:51 PM
I
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
I
I bike ride a lot as well, dirt trail ride, and I feel the hip flexor, but it doesn't kill me. It's standing, putting on a sock or shoe, reaching down in the shower, whatever, that I feel it tweak.

I stretch a lot, but yes, by all means, post the video. I may have seen it already, but who knows.

Addendum: I do use youtube for tons'o research!

...------

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12083836 02/08/17 05:32 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Enjoy.

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12087378 02/10/17 05:19 PM
J
jippedgenes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
bassbustinTexan GREAT FIND!

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12087454 02/10/17 06:05 PM
I
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
I
It's hard at first, but you get used to it.

This stretch is for the legs, which in turn, eases pain in the lower back.

It is not necessarily a "hip flexor" stretch.

...------

Re: Name Your Injury... [Re: Indianation65] #12087466 02/10/17 06:14 PM
B
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Thanks! I like that pose...learned that in the video I posted. I will try this tonight. I am supposed to stretch for 30 mins. Pre Race Stretch!!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide