Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1213 06/14/06 12:05 PM
F
fisherman dan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Well, I feel compelled to add my experiance. I purchased a new tracker 17' fully rigged boat from them. I operated it for around 15-20 hours before taking it on a road trip to Broken Bow. Stayed there for 4 days. In my time there (it was in late NOV), there was not another boat on the lake. Upon returning home I took the boat out on LL. Ran to the dam form L. Elm. On my way back in the motor came apart. I was stranded in the middle of the lake with a stiff wind. So wheres this going?, I took the boat back to BPS and they replaced the power head at no charge. It took two weeks. The problem, they left the spark plugs lose. I was not offered any compensation or apoligies for their short comings. I wonder what would have happened if I made that 20 min run on Broken Bow and blew up???
My experiance with BPS is that you have to fight to get proper care. I have other experiances with the rod and reels dept too. Thay make good in the end, but, I always had to stand firm and put up a demanding stance before they made good. Bottom line- not worth the effort. Not when other retailers don't ask so many questions and are quick to make it "right".

Tight Lines!
God Bless
Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1214 06/14/06 12:15 PM
mrouse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
fish Those who live in the Lewisville area and are having trouble with customer serve at BPS, I would strongly suggest visiting Sportsmans Warehouse in Lewisville on Hebron Parkway! While the overall selection in some areas may not be a large, I think you will find the customer service be much better. I can speak from experience. Tell John Garrett in the fishing department that Mike with CABA sent you.

Mike Rouse
M Rouse Designs
214-801-9944
mrousedesigns.com

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1215 06/14/06 02:14 PM
S
spro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I don't want to mention names but some of the sales people in the "marine department" (trolling motor/depth finder area) at BPS are terrible at customer relations. I have gone into the store excited to buy a product and walked out with nothing simply because of the sales persons attitude. I have never been to a store where the salespeople seem so jaded, just want to get away from you and answer as little questions as possible, even on a large purchase. BPS is a great store but the salespeople need a class on customer relations.

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1216 06/15/06 08:48 PM
Mrppl2 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Bass Art--I DO own my own business and for 28 yrs. As Srohde said , when I or my employees make mistakes it costs me money. thats why I train and invest in my people so that they dont make the same mistakes over and over.

I did say TRAIN AND INVEST in my people. Something that BPS hasnt done.

Im going to give everyone one more that reads this post another awakening.

After cooling off for the last week------

I RETURNED to Bps today. But I called before I drove out there. I talked to a Jim and thought that I would give them one more chance. I gave him all the info on the motor that I wanted:

Motorguide--cat# 21-510-160-00--82#-24v- 50" shaft. Then I gave him a second one just incase he didnt have that one 21-510-154-00.

Told me that he would go to the back and check and would call me back in 10 to 15 mins which he did.

"Yes we have the 21-510-160-00" and gave me the SKU #. $939.99 . OK Im headed that way and got there within the hour.

Walked in got a saleman to wait on me right away. Gave him the info and he went to the back and came right back--- Sorry the only one we have is the 60" shaft--cat# 21-510-162-00 $1029.99

But I can order it and have it in 7 days.

I really thought that after the post had run that BPS would have contacted me if the really cared. Thats I used to do when I got a negative response from a customer.

I promise you that the manager will hear from me!

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1217 06/16/06 06:03 PM
R
rooster tail Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I heard they fired the store mgr a month or so ago because inner prolems,Meaning management them selves.Some of the guys in mgr postions have 0 marketing skills and will use there employees and treat them like **** until enough is enough.These guys on the floor try to help as many people as possible at once.
Basically "If it makes sense,dont do it"
I know they treat customers better than they treat there employees,that make things enjoyable for the consumer.

The reason they will let you return things so easily is because they send it back to mfg and receive full credit for it.They are not taking a loss to please you.Dont be confused by that! Just rambling ...........

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1218 06/16/06 06:10 PM
R
rooster tail Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
AS far as Service shop goes Tracker and BassPro shops are seperate companies.

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1219 06/16/06 09:30 PM
O
Oldgringo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
O
I think I posed this question before and it went away and/or never appeared:

Do y'all notice any difference in attitudes and customer service during the week from that on the weekends when a gazillion tourists/people are milling about?

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1220 06/17/06 02:52 PM
S
sanbasscamp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
SOME PEOPLE YOU'LL NEVER SATISFY EVEN IF YOU GIVE IT TO THEM. Not that, thats the case here I'm sure.

Luckily it is America and you can go somewhere else to do your shopping. The power of the customer.

I think in Russia you can only go to BPS. flag

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1221 06/20/06 08:06 PM
Mrppl2 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I agree that I could go somewhere else, but thats a cop out.

The only way to solve and on going problem is to bring it to someones attention. Anyone watching the news lately? See the article on the City of Dallas employees drinking on city property and on city time? Wasting tax payers money?

Retired, resigned and fired--problem fixed.

Now if your the store owner and or manager wouldnt you like to know whats happening to piss people off?

I did hear from the store manager, Mickey Black, and he is very concerned about this problem. He admits that they are out numbered by about 10:1 and are in the process of fixing that.

I really think that big ticket items or ones that need more explaintion should be handled in other ways. Electonics, motors and boats all should be handled in a Marine division, not by the every day Joe being paid minimum wage.

Apparently there is a larger problem with the catalog. I have two catalogs that have different numbers in them for the same trolling motor.

Mickey did have the trolling motor that I wanted shipped in and it arrived today-- wrong one this time. Another one on the way in the next couple of days. Sure glad I have a back up!!

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1222 06/20/06 08:48 PM
2-stroke Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If you're buying a rod and/or reel there...and it's not a high-dollar shimano conqueso or whatever, or you're not a fishing guide...be prepared to be treated as if you're wasting their time...much different experience at Cabela's

Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1223 06/20/06 09:14 PM
F
Fishin' Steeler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I've not had a problem with managers at BPS per se, but I've had a great experience with the fishing dept. manager at the Cabela's in Buda TX.

His name is Ruben Gomez and he knows his stuff. I went in looking for a new sonar and he asked the right questions and put me in a unit that solved my needs for the lowest price... an Eagle Fishmark 480 for $199. He answered all my questions without agenda for a particular unit or brand. We then started talking about how to rig worms for fishing Canyon Lake, how to improve mileage on Chevy trucks, etc. He also said that hey, if I didn't like the 480 in any way, bring it back no problema.

The guy knew that people shop where they like dealing with the people that show interest in solving their problems, whether or not it involves a "sale."

Academy is still better in price and more convenient... and is a home-grown Austin company, which is important to me. But knowing I can deal with a guy like Ruben Gomez makes going to Cabela's in Buda a lot more appealing.

I've never killed anyone, but I've read several obituaries with great enjoyment.
Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1224 06/21/06 05:08 PM
Boatman1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I cant believe the whinning babies I see on this post thread. ! Yes ....that's what I called you! smile

Let's see, motor blewup and they fixed it at no charge BUT I AM STILL MAD because I got "no compensation". and it was their fault! (and your problem is???)

Or called about a high dollar trolling motor they said they had it (but really did not) but will be happy to order one and it will be here sometime within one week. (This is a problem?)

Or the one electronic device that I wanted no one could describe its benefits to me at the store??? again this is a problem?? there are several hundred diffrent graphs and several hundred different GPS units etc etc etc with about 5000 items in their electronics inventory, and you want them to be specifically familiar with the ONE ITEM you want to buy??.......and you also want to buy it at rock bottom prices! I really dont believe the posts I am reading.

A bad day fishin' is still better than work!
That's BOATMAN1 with the blue hat on! BUT the BOAT is fake!

http://www.wingsoverusa.com/home.htm striper page
http://www.wingsoverusa.com business page
Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1225 06/21/06 08:43 PM
F
Fishin' Steeler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Gee, Boatman, I assume you weren't referring to my post since I was doing anything BUT whining when I was complimenting the Fishing Dept. Mgr. of Cabela's.

To other points that were mentioned:

I think the problem of inattentive salespeople is a managerial shortcoming. If a salesman has no incentive to be helpful/knowledgeable (assuming it's not in his general nature to be so), some will do just what little it takes to keep his job. There has to be some kind of carrot and not just a you're-fired-stick to motivate retail salespeople. Managers can improve the morale and motivation of salespeople if they want to and have the knowledge to do so... and if it's in the budget.

I've never killed anyone, but I've read several obituaries with great enjoyment.
Re: Bass Pro Manager response #1226 06/21/06 11:49 PM
Boatman1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
fishin, not you just the posts on this tread in general are all complaining about non-existant issues ........... just my 2 cents not trying to start an argument.

A bad day fishin' is still better than work!
That's BOATMAN1 with the blue hat on! BUT the BOAT is fake!

http://www.wingsoverusa.com/home.htm striper page
http://www.wingsoverusa.com business page
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide