Forums59
Topics1,039,326
Posts13,962,871
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Ken A.] #11938314 11/17/16 02:47 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
GIGEM..JUST FOR ONCE try to get your facts straight. Three days and 26 overs.

Question for Mr mwd? what do you consider a big one? How many 6's or 7's or 8's or 9's have you already caught?

When I catch a 7 lb I am thrilled and equally so as they get bigger. Some say that the 7-8's fight better than those over 10.

They fight hard no doubt but the bigger ones are more of a challenge because they seem to know where to go to get wrapped and then get off. And some have that no stopping them power you have never felt until you actually do get one on.

All you can do as they charge you and go under the boat is to get your thumb on the thumb bar and depress it hoping to give them enough pressure to slow them down without popping your line.

So I'd say to answer your question is try to fish in deep open water at night.

You are correct Bruce, what I should have said how many 10 and over were caught. A lot of those overs were 7 lb'ers which is not considered big for a 24" fish. I've caught 21" bass that weighed over 7 lbs.

Can you two old farts try to get along!
hmmm

Bruce always hurts my feelings Ken and he ALWAYS disagrees with me. I just can't please him no matter how hard I try. I'm going to my room. Bye.

crying

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Ken A.] #11938336 11/17/16 03:02 PM
steve Mbass Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Question for Mr mwd? what do you consider a big one? How many 6's or 7's or 8's or 9's have you already caught?

When I catch a 7 lb I am thrilled and equally so as they get bigger. Some say that the 7-8's fight better than those over 10.

They fight hard no doubt but the bigger ones are more of a challenge because they seem to know where to go to get wrapped and then get off. And some have that no stopping them power you have never felt until you actually do get one on.

All you can do as they charge you and go under the boat is to get your thumb on the thumb bar and depress it hoping to give them enough pressure to slow them down without popping your line.

You are correct Bruce, what I should have said how many 10 and over were caught. A lot of those overs were 7 lb'ers which is not considered big for a 24" fish. I've caught 21" bass that weighed over 7 lbs.

hmmm

popcorn

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Ken A.] #11938364 11/17/16 03:20 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

hmmm

Or they meet up and duke it out boxing

olden gloves roflmao

#MFGA
Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Douglas J] #11938742 11/17/16 07:24 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

hmmm

olden gloves roflmao

Not me, I'm saving myself for these liberal tree hugging, protesting, he's not my president, illegal high school and college n'er do well self indulgent $hitheads with the brains of a two lb. hog. Bruce is a bass fisherman, has to be a peace loving patriot who loves his country like me.

Last edited by GIG'EM AGGIES; 11/17/16 09:21 PM.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: mwbmod74] #11938792 11/17/16 07:52 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Got THAT right!!! ^^^^^

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11940721 11/18/16 10:20 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

hmmm

olden gloves roflmao

Not me, I'm saving myself for these liberal tree hugging, protesting, he's not my president, illegal high school and college n'er do well self indulgent $hitheads with the brains of a two lb. hog. Bruce is a bass fisherman, has to be a peace loving patriot who loves his country like me.

That's more like it Ronnie! wink

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: mwbmod74] #11940843 11/19/16 12:09 AM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
me and the hundred people on my Patriot mailing list agree with you Gig.

so what did Ken mean by "old"?

Donald is old.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: mwbmod74] #11940866 11/19/16 12:25 AM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
on the walls of the restaurant's, too.

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Bruce Allen] #11940954 11/19/16 01:19 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Donald is old.

Being called old didn't bother me too much Bruce, but the fart part really does stink and I resent it. roflmao

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: mwbmod74] #11940982 11/19/16 01:32 AM
Kay Dyson Offline
HOT Mess!!!
HOT Mess!!!
Back on thread... cheers some of the bigger fish are going to follow the crappie migration to main lake points and ledges.
Actually, all specices will start making that trek. Big spoons and Crigs on spots like little boy, around the mouth of little caney, alligator, will all hold some big'uns. Obviously more tow will help. You'll stumble into a wad and it'll be on brother.. My favorite time of year, you can catch numbers, and quality.. Good luck.

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11941110 11/19/16 02:46 AM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy

Donald is old.

Being called old didn't bother me too much Bruce, but the fart part really does stink and I resent it. roflmao

BOTH of you guys know I still love you. wink

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: mwbmod74] #11941198 11/19/16 03:47 AM
ToadSnatcher14 Offline
Team Slot Fish
Team Slot Fish
I think half of y'all are throwing out the wrong side of the boat.

Come to terms that you bought a bunch of dumb chit that don't work and your skills have deminished. Yeah you're an old has been. Get outta here with that!

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: ToadSnatcher14] #11941340 11/19/16 12:19 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
I think half of y'all are throwing out the wrong side of the boat.

Come to terms that you bought a bunch of dumb chit that don't work and your skills have deminished. Yeah you're an old has been. Get outta here with that!

Now that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD, funny. roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Where are the bigger fish on Fork?? [Re: Kay Dyson] #11941342 11/19/16 12:24 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Back on thread... cheers some of the bigger fish are going to follow the crappie migration to main lake points and ledges.
Actually, all specices will start making that trek. Big spoons and Crigs on spots like little boy, around the mouth of little caney, alligator, will all hold some big'uns. Obviously more tow will help. You'll stumble into a wad and it'll be on brother.. My favorite time of year, you can catch numbers, and quality.. Good luck.

Right on brother, ask Barry St. Clair. Those 'ol bigguns love to eat crappie and those points Red mentioned are perfect spots. Use a lure though ok ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide