Forums59
Topics1,039,325
Posts13,962,855
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11851648 09/27/16 02:10 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Looks like a grest deal but I will not buy a TX edition. I hate shiny stuff (I.e. chrome) and wheels larger than 18s.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11852342 09/27/16 08:53 PM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
Originally Posted By: Stump jumper
Looks like a grest deal but I will not buy a TX edition. I hate shiny stuff (I.e. chrome) and wheels larger than 18s.

Just giving you an idea of what to expect in terms of discount if you decide to buy something. That truck happened to be the best price I could make on a 4x4 Crew Cab I have several others with a similar discount and more options. I'm out of the LT Z71's but have several LTZ's.

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: JamesW] #11852347 09/27/16 08:54 PM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
Originally Posted By: JamesW
Monte, what color is it?

That one is black with black interior.

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Monte Coon] #11852852 09/28/16 01:43 AM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Monte Coon

Just giving you an idea of what to expect in terms of discount if you decide to buy something. That truck happened to be the best price I could make on a 4x4 Crew Cab I have several others with a similar discount and more options. I'm out of the LT Z71's but have several LTZ's.
Monte, I appreciate it. The discount is in line with what I was thinking. I guess Toyotas produces trucks in limited quantities so you never see the big discounts even at end of model year. My problem will be getting around all of the chrome they put on these trucks now especially the grills.

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: redchevy] #11854488 09/28/16 10:53 PM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted By: redchevy
You will never know till you got wheel and deal with both of them.

If you buy without wheeling and dealing with both of them you will never know.

If you listen to the big points people talk about it would seem that if GM wasn't cheaper they wouldn't sell any trucks.... because everyone knows that Toyotas have more power last longer have better resale and are more reliable, if they cost less too then nobody would buy anything else. I also find that Toyota people tend not to talk about the problems they have had but if you actually do a little looking they have problems too.
I guess you have never been on the Tundra or Tacoma forums. The reason I asked is I see these huge $8k - $10k discounts off MSRP on domestic trucks. I rarely see anything advertised on Tundras and if I do it is half of that.

If what you mean by that is that they talk about problems on the forum, then that was my point. In my experience Toyota drivers only talk to other Toyota drivers about issues they have had and when a dodge, chevy, ford guy sticks his head in they all act like Toyota is the best thing since sliced bread, never breaks gets the best fule mileage in the world and the v-6 has more grunt than a heavy duty diesel.

Just my opinion from my own observations. I wouldn't hesitate to own a Toyota car or small suv etc. Their trucks are just too uneconomical for me in the fuel economy department. I know some will say you give up the fuel economy for reliability and performance, but the other trucks I have had were/are reliable have plenty of capability, and get better fuel mileage and from my shopping efforts cost less.
I have never noticed that about Toyota owners...everybody is passionate about what they drive...folks that drive Toyotas are no different than those that drive Chevys Fords or Dodge ...there are people that blow smoke about whatever they are driving at the moment...It isnt just Toyota drivers

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11854818 09/29/16 01:59 AM
A
ABit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Can't go wrong with the Midnight Edition. This is what I pull my boat with.

2012 Nitro Z8 - Mercury 200
Everything I know about fishing I learned from TFF.
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11854861 09/29/16 02:25 AM
K
Kristopher Douglas. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I got the max towing package on my 16. It came with the towing mirrors and 3.73 gears. It's rated north of 11k lbs. I pulled 7500 lbs a couple weeks ago on my 20' trailer. It pulled it great. I have had excellent results out of all the gm vehicles I have had. My last truck was a 13 gmc z71 and I traded it in with 138k miles and it had the original brake pads still.

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11854900 09/29/16 02:44 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Towing 11,000 lbs with any gas half ton on any sort of grade isn't a good idea. My dad has a Tundra with a tow rating of 11,000 lbs. They tow a small, light bumper pull trailer (about 6,500 lbs loaded), and it struggles when on grades. And the gas mileage is awful even on flat ground. I'm starting to figure out that the torque in my Eco Diesel might be as much or more valuable as the 11k lbs tow ratings on some of the gasser half tons.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: patriot07] #11855467 09/29/16 02:53 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Towing 11,000 lbs with any gas half ton on any sort of grade isn't a good idea. My dad has a Tundra with a tow rating of 11,000 lbs. They tow a small, light bumper pull trailer (about 6,500 lbs loaded), and it struggles when on grades. And the gas mileage is awful even on flat ground. I'm starting to figure out that the torque in my Eco Diesel might be as much or more valuable as the 11k lbs tow ratings on some of the gasser half tons.

I with you there to a point. The 3.5 ecoboost (new model) has more torque than the ecodiesel and about 120-130 more hp than the ecodiesel. No it will not get anywhere near the mileage loaded or empty that the ecodiesel will, but it will kick its arse in performance any which way. I wouldn't feel under powered pulling 11k with an ecoboost, wouldn't want to do it all the time either. I also feel like a modern edoboost will handle an 11k lb load better than a 3/4 ton truck from a decade or so ago and nobody would have batted an eye at towing a similar load with one then.

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: gander] #11855484 09/29/16 02:58 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: gander
I have never noticed that about Toyota owners...everybody is passionate about what they drive...folks that drive Toyotas are no different than those that drive Chevys Fords or Dodge ...there are people that blow smoke about whatever they are driving at the moment...It isnt just Toyota drivers

Only gripe I have with Toyota trucks is fuel mileage. My 90's model chevy with a 350 v-8 got the same fuel mileage that a decade newer Tacoma with a 4.0 v-6 got. Past that I think they are fine trucks.

Almost every Toyota truck driver I talk to has some story about how the big 3 are total pos's horrible quality and every little thing goes wrong. The same just hasn't held true for me. I was car shopping earlier this year and almost bought a Toyota but decided to buy an ecodiesel instead which gets about the same mileage as the camry I was looking at. I am not brand loyal at all, I buy what is best for me.

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: ABit] #11855875 09/29/16 05:57 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: ABit

I like that. No chrome to speak of. Does the midnight come in white or just black. I am going to have to price one of those when the time comes to buy. If it were not for 4 new Cooper ST Maxxs sitting in my garage and having to pay sales tax the time might be now.

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: redchevy] #11856824 09/30/16 10:56 AM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G

Only gripe I have with Toyota trucks is fuel mileage. My 90's model chevy with a 350 v-8 got the same fuel mileage that a decade newer Tacoma with a 4.0 v-6 got. Past that I think they are fine trucks.

Almost every Toyota truck driver I talk to has some story about how the big 3 are total pos's horrible quality and every little thing goes wrong. The same just hasn't held true for me. I was car shopping earlier this year and almost bought a Toyota but decided to buy an ecodiesel instead which gets about the same mileage as the camry I was looking at. I am not brand loyal at all, I buy what is best for me.
I have had Ford Chevy and Toyota trucks,had a Plymouth mini van years ago which was a very good vehicle...not brand loyal...my first consideration when buying is will it do what I want it to do,second do I like the looks and third cost to buy.....mpg doesnt come into play with me,I wont go for a few more mpgs and drive something I dont like the looks of.Most people I talk to about whatever they drive consider theirs the best and the rest a POS......I think the Chevy vs Ford debate is bigger than the Toyota vs anything else debate

Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: Stump jumper] #11857769 09/30/16 09:18 PM
A
ABit Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: ABit

I like that. No chrome to speak of. Does the midnight come in white or just black. I am going to have to price one of those when the time comes to buy. If it were not for 4 new Cooper ST Maxxs sitting in my garage and having to pay sales tax the time might be now.

They only come in black. There is a 2500HD version but it's a LT trim. You can get a 2500HD LTZ with the custom package which gives the black bumpers but it has chrome accessories.

2012 Nitro Z8 - Mercury 200
Everything I know about fishing I learned from TFF.
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: gander] #11864017 10/04/16 04:22 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P

I have had Ford Chevy and Toyota trucks,had a Plymouth mini van years ago which was a very good vehicle...not brand loyal...my first consideration when buying is will it do what I want it to do,second do I like the looks and third cost to buy.....mpg doesnt come into play with me,I wont go for a few more mpgs and drive something I dont like the looks of.Most people I talk to about whatever they drive consider theirs the best and the rest a POS......I think the Chevy vs Ford debate is bigger than the Toyota vs anything else debate
Why do you consider purchase price if you don't consider mpg? That doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather put more money towards the value of my vehicle and less towards burning gas than vice versa. Gas doesn't have equity. Trucks do.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Real price on a 2017 Z71 LT Silverado [Re: patriot07] #11869878 10/07/16 09:45 PM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted By: patriot07

Why do you consider purchase price if you don't consider mpg? That doesn't make any sense to me. I'd rather put more money towards the value of my vehicle and less towards burning gas than vice versa. Gas doesn't have equity. Trucks do.
Purchase price is cost out the door.....If I like it and it gets 15 mpg that's fine,If something out there is getting a few more mpg but I dont like the looks I am not going to get it just because of a few more mpg...very few if any vehicles have equity in my opinion they all depreciate.I tend to have mine paid for when driven off the lot and the value is what it is when I sell it..I am by the book on maintenance and I tend to get good resale anyway.....Its more about if it will do the job,does it look good to me and then price out the door.Mpg is just the cost of driving what I am driving at the time.

Last edited by gander; 10/07/16 09:55 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide