Forums59
Topics1,039,388
Posts13,963,721
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 42 of 46 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12247873 05/16/17 02:41 PM
Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V. Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Spring as sprung on Lake Ray Hubbard .. fishing is picking up nicely you can still catch fishing shallow sometimes popping shad out of the water with oz Co HO heads with a 3-4 inch body and they are showing up on humps and points 15-29 ft water and use 1 oz or oz slabs . One trip the fish where playing hard to get , I located them on a small hump hugging the edge on the windward side and my guest couldnt quite get the toss out a slab and bounce back so I even trolled my jet divers with release and a pet spoon and whacked the fish , when they would move I would kick on the side imaging and find them The biggest factor has been the wind like every May we had a shad spawn but it wasnt very long or in all the usual places , somedays I would find a bank full of shad but no fish .. I have a few days open in June so give me a call if you would like some family fun or learn a little .. Please remember and know the difference between small hybrids and white bass.. have been catching many short hybrids.

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12247890 05/16/17 02:48 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Awesome job, Twin thumb

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12269622 05/30/17 06:24 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
In between the storms and high dangerous winds I've squeezed in some trips . Lake Ray Hubbard is fishing good when you can get on there. I have had some early morning schooling action and fish relating to structure pretty good . The schooling should continue and get better as June moves on . I have been throwing 3 in coho's with 1/2 jig heads cause they have been chasing smaller bait . When I switch to slabbing a 1 oz in chartreuse is always my favorite . Some of the fish have been hanging really tight to the bottom so knowing your electronics is a great asset . Most schools are out or getting out this week so take them kids fishing .. I am a kid friendly guide that thinks fishing is a great way to teach your kids to be outdoors ... family fun is my specialty ... I have a few dates open in June and July so give me a call or a message ..

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12291506 06/13/17 01:43 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard is as full as I have ever seen . The fishing remains good , although the day after almost 2 inches of rain it was the toughest day I have had in a while .. there as been fish schooling early in the morning on most days and catching them with Mepps or rooster tails . They are chasing very small shad.After the schooling stops I have been locating fish on structure and using 1 oz slabs in chartreuse . Some days you catch a few in a spot and poof they are gone . You would think with the rain the water would be stained , but it's clear making the fish a little shy at times . I have some July dates open if interested in some family fun ..

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12291761 06/13/17 03:58 PM
C
Coachzee Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Great stuff jv! Way to wack em!

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12292505 06/13/17 10:57 PM
F
fishenrod Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Thanks for report JV!

Question - Do you target the Hybrids on these trips? Or you save those for the club?

I rarely see you post em or talk about them, but we all know they are there.

I ask because I want to go soon, and dont care about sand bass. Yes I want to roll with you when I can go. My boat is on Texoma and dont feel kike going to get it for one day on Hubbard.

Sean

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: fishenrod] #12293377 06/14/17 02:17 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: fishenrod
Thanks for report JV!

Question - Do you target the Hybrids on these trips? Or you save those for the club?

I rarely see you post em or talk about them, but we all know they are there.

I ask because I want to go soon, and dont care about sand bass. Yes I want to roll with you when I can go. My boat is on Texoma and dont feel kike going to get it for one day on Hubbard.

Sean

Sean, Hybrids on Hubbard come and go .. very elusive .. the live bait guys do ok at times .. usually I do better on hybrids in the spring and heat of summer and fall during certain patterns. Ray Hubbard has 2 sets of levees running north and south that are loaded with trees. I believe they roam up and down those which make them hard to find . Most of my guest are "family" type trips and have a great time hauling in white bass smile We also lost a lot of hybrids during the floods where they had the gates open for months . This year TP&W did a gill net survey and could not get enough samples for hybrids. I actually helped them out one morning by donated hybrids that my guest caught for the survey of their DNA to find out when/where and how old the fish where. Lake Ray Hubbard is no Tawakoni for sure, or else we would have 20 new guides on the water smile its a very good white bass lake that can sometimes throw you for a loop and produce nice hybrids smile Hope this helps answer some of your questions. If my guest get into hybrids and they want to keep their legal limit then I do. I don't have a problem with anyone keeping legal fish.Over the years I get less people wanting to keep fish.. that is why I don't have alot of dock shots with fish laid out.. I get a lot of catch and release and also alot of .. "we just want to keep 10-25 fish for a small fry" , which I totally enjoy smile cleaning 100 white bass or 10-20 hybrids is a beating smile

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12295719 06/15/17 05:21 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Legal size hybrids seem to run in cycles on Hubbard. It has been about 3 years since I hit a really good year on the big hybrids. Early in May the 14-15" hybrids were just wearing me out. I had the same thing happen 2 years ago. Last year I switched to Lavon because I felt the fishing for sandies was better there so I am not sure how the hybrids did on Hubbard. Quite often the hybrid action does not heat up until mid morning. My favorite place for them is along the bank from Rush creek to the bouys at the spillway. Also as JV mentioned the levy's are good. The problem there is staying out of the trees. I normally fish the levy's between the Heath boat ramp and red barn point.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12311732 06/26/17 03:17 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard has been a little up and down cause of the rains, high water and a spillway gate open.. The last couple trips the fish are suspending out from structure. Usually this time of year you can find good groups bunched up. I have found them like that but it has been inconsistent. I did break out the trolling gear at one time and was very successful catching fish this way. I would find schools suspended out from drops our flats and set the depth at around 13-15 ft these fish would hang out in 25-30 ft water and move very fast. I figure after this week with the warmer temps returning it should stabilize .. Early morning schooling is pretty constant every time ..BUT.. some day its for long periods and some days very short.. so I would concentrate on the multiple flats , checking each one looking for signs of shad , a few pop ups and slashes water temps where 82-84 degrees and a couple days North winds mixed with East .. I have some dates open in July so give me a call.. specializing in family fun .. I had a 4 yr old on the boat .. I usually tell parents thats a little young.. but the dad assured me he is a fishing machine.. he brought his own zepco and his own life jacket .. lol that little boy would throw that rod.. catch his fish and not say a word.. grab it .. take it off the hook .. I could do nothing but sit in amazement and watch this future pro at work.. It puts a smile on my face when young kids love fishing

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12343880 07/17/17 01:46 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard has been fishing a little like a roller coaster. The fish are in purgatory thermocline abyss.. the water temp is climbing then the rain cools it down..Had to wait out one day because of thunder storms.. as soon as the fish started heard thunder.. seen lighting .. remember do NOT play with that stuff.. seek cover immediately. Finding a lot of fish suspending out from the structure they are normally on this time of year. The fish have been schooling on the flats, you just have to pick the one you think will produce. That slowed down to didnt happen because of weekend boat traffic. As soon as the week rolls on they will continue. When you find suspending fish you can either toss out a slab and burn it back and drop .. or throw a tail spinner count to about 10 and start reeling . As the sun gets up higher they are trying to move shallow but with the thermocline not really set they move fast. When they spread out I have been fairly successful trolling a little .. a couple of times after you catch a lot of fish schooling you then have to hit multiple spots to find grouped active fish.. I dont have any dates open in July but I do have openings in August .. We start at 6:00am and try to be off by 11:00am when it gets extremely hot.. give me a shout if interested in family fun cause school starts soon .. I have been catching some small hybrids right at 17.5 inches.. please measure your fish .. lots of those guys showing up.. a few big ones mixed in ..

I have been scanning points and humps with the side imaging to locate a lot of fish .. dont forget when they are schooling and stop, kick that trolling motor on about 5 or 6 and turn on the side scan.. you can then know what side to throw on ..

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12344761 07/17/17 11:12 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Well done, Twin brother thumb

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12365674 07/31/17 01:21 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Lake Ray Hubbard has been fishing pretty good.. we have had some schooling action early mornings and on cloudy days it last a good while. Once again you just have to pick your spot , sometimes they are in one area and the next day they are somewhere else. Remember when they stop schooling be sure to look around the area with your side scan and sometimes they stay close but on the down sloops or on the log points. A thermocline has set in but on the cooler cloudy days it dissipates a little and the fish will move off of structure and hang out in the deeper water. When the fish school I have been using CoHos on a oz jig head .. when they move on structure I switch to a 1 oz chartreuse slab . I have success later in the morning trolling when the sun is high . They really like to group up and want a horizontal presentation during this time. Be sure to know your fish.. lots of 17 inch hybrids being caught .. Our water temps range from 85-87 degrees, kind of cooler this time of year and the water is about low which is great considering its almost August. When you find fish out in deeper water .. dont forget to throw your slab out , let it hit bottom and burn it up 5-8 cranks depending on depth. I have a few dates open in August so give me a call.. I have over 12 yrs experience guiding on Lake Ray Hubbard and been fishing it ..well.. longer than I like to admit smile

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12416574 09/06/17 07:25 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Fishing has remained pretty good most days .. and tough on others .. some schooling action is still going on at daylight .. some days have to burn some fuel to find active fish on slabs .. most of the fish are laying horizontal on the bottom or little depth changes in 13-15 ft . School has begun and I have dates open in September .. fishing will remain about the same until we start getting cooler weather .. give me a call cause you can still take the kids fishing on weekends

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12417804 09/07/17 04:51 PM
J
jbobo Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
thumb

22 ft. Wellcraft Deep V CC
817-220-2312
www.bobosthumper.com
Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Guide Reports And Updates : www.jvguideservice.com [Re: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.] #12521295 11/30/17 04:31 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
Sorry for not reporting , busy with alot of things .. Lake Ray Hubbard did its usual thing this fall. The fish showed up shallow before Thanksgiving and we caught big white bass and nice hybrids throwing swim baits shallow. The winter patter is starting where will locate huge schools in deep water and methodically and slowing work our lures to catch fish . I have also upgraded my boat . I purchased a brand new 2017 Bulls-Bay 2200 for your comfort. It is updated with a Humminbird Helix 12 Mega fish finder , 36 volt Minn-Kota trolling motor, Bluetooth stereo and USB chargers. The winter fishing can be really good if you can deal with the cold

Page 42 of 46 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide