Forums59
Topics1,039,376
Posts13,963,583
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815404 09/07/16 12:36 AM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Nekro
Originally Posted By: bloo_rainger
If your a wacked out Liberal who thinks Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders are the candidates of choice, then stay in California. If your a conservative who wants to carry a gun, then you are welcome to come. We have way to many tree hugging liberals from California moving here. And I'm not joking. We like Texas just the way it is.

Well, I vote red, I am a military vet, current Fed LEO, and I always carry a gun. Did your mind just explode?

You'll do fine here bud, just remember to say ya'll and howdy and always order chicken fried steak for supper. Most Texans call the evening meal supper instead of dinner. Bastrop is a great area to live and your within a 2 hour drive of some great bass lakes and salt water ain't that far either. Yep it's ok to say ain't and fixin will always make sense to a Texan especially if you're fixin to go wet a hook. Welcome to Texas bud.

welcome

Last edited by GIG'EM AGGIES; 09/07/16 12:37 AM.

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815422 09/07/16 12:52 AM
N
Nekro Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
N
Thanks everyone for the harm welcome. I hope I will enjoy working and living in Texas. I fly out Sept 26, and hopefully all my stuff arrives on time so I can hit the lake before I start working.

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815477 09/07/16 01:31 AM
P
PaPa@fork Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
If your a wacked out Liberal who thinks Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders are the candidates of choice, then stay in California. If your a conservative who wants to carry a gun, then you are welcome to come. We have way to many tree hugging liberals from California moving here. And I'm not joking. We like Texas just the way it is.

Well, I vote red, I am a military vet, current Fed LEO, and I always carry a gun. Did your mind just explode?

LOL your going to do just fine here welcome

If it was easy, everyone would do it
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: GIG'EM AGGIES] #11815505 09/07/16 01:47 AM
H
HOTBAMike Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

You'll do fine here bud, just remember to say ya'll and howdy and always order chicken fried steak for supper. Most Texans call the evening meal supper instead of dinner. Bastrop is a great area to live and your within a 2 hour drive of some great bass lakes and salt water ain't that far either. Yep it's ok to say ain't and fixin will always make sense to a Texan especially if you're fixin to go wet a hook. Welcome to Texas bud.

welcome

Speaking of hooks....You forgot "if you're fixin to hook 'em Horns!! \m/

bolt

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after

-Henry David Thoreau

www.heartoftexasbassanglers.com
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815539 09/07/16 02:05 AM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
You've got s couple gems right in your backyard. Enjoy!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815651 09/07/16 02:53 AM
FlaNative Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
welcome I moved my family here from the opposite coast years ago. It was a bit of an adjustment, but by and large the people are friendly, knowledgable fishermen willing to share knowledge (if not fishing holes). As you may have noticed, it won't take you long to identify the exceptions! roflmao

Steve Raulerson
Ranger RT188
Florida Native by Birth, Texan by Choice
[Linked Image]
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815679 09/07/16 03:01 AM
P
pil,b Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
welcome

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815706 09/07/16 03:13 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
welcome To the TFF and to texas

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815777 09/07/16 03:51 AM
T
TinRangerJim Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T

welcome from another recent Calif. transplant. We moved here about 5 months ago from Northern Cal, got tired of the high cost of living, the Demmunist tax-and-spend mentality, and was tired of being on the losing side of the North/South Calif water wars. Plus, I wanted to get out before Ol' Moonbeam (Gov Jerry Brown) decided he wanted to take my guns. Retired Air Force, Viet Nam vet btw

"Rip Some Lips"
Nevadan by birth, Texan by choice
Retired USAF, 1966-1989
Jim C.
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: HOTBAMike] #11815909 09/07/16 12:13 PM
GIG'EM AGGIES Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HOTBAMike
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

welcome

Speaking of hooks....You forgot "if you're fixin to hook 'em Horns!! \m/

bolt

HA, no way Mike it's fixin to Gig'em Aggies. I like the Horns second though, great game Monday and that freshman QB will win lots of games for them.

thumb

I am a Senager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later. I get an allowance every month. I have PU truck and a bass boat, I am blessed.
Conscience never acquits, it either accuses or excuses.
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815924 09/07/16 12:29 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy
Hey everyone, I am currently in the Los Angeles area but transferring to Texas at the end of this month for work. California is getting way to expensive to live, so I decided to leave. I will be calling Bastrop, TX my new home. Been fishing for years out here in SoCal fresh and saltwater. Mostly fish trout and striped bass also some LMB but Los Angeles area isn't the best LMB place. So finally looking forward to living in a area with better fishing. Looking forward to learning more about bass fishing, the local lakes, and meeting new people.

Welcome to Texas. Bastrop is a cool little town. There is a new Buc-ees there and and great BBQ place. Good folks here in Texas bud.

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815925 09/07/16 12:31 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Welcome to CiCi's

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11815973 09/07/16 12:51 PM
Cast Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

This guy might just be a fit around here!

Welcome to Texas. My home.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Nekro] #11816191 09/07/16 02:47 PM
W
Windbreaker Offline
Angler
Angler
W

welcome I like you already!

Re: Hello eveyone new to the forum and new to Texas [Re: Windbreaker] #11816321 09/07/16 04:17 PM
M
mikereils5er Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
as a fellow conservative California transplant who moved almost 1 year ago, welcome to the best state in the union!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide