Forums59
Topics1,039,391
Posts13,963,811
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11680841 06/21/16 10:55 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
I bet they were all mine.....

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: 9094] #11680864 06/21/16 11:09 PM
S
squib Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: 9094
Fish numbers fluctuate, baitfish numbers can fluctuate....
the number of coonasses from Louisiana with filet knives that visit a lake can fluctuate...

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11680869 06/21/16 11:17 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
What hurts the most is the boat traffic activity and all the bumps that go with it. I truly believe Bass hear this and associate it with a need to escape. Bass have always disappeared on Tournament day. Get as far away from the traffic and you can go. Learn to fish these areas. They will be the best on the weekend.

True, bass get acclimated to baits; but they will continue to strike baits that are different than what everyone else is throwing. They are looking for food but can and do learn what stings them. Therefore they will avoid it the next time it approaches. Just change things up a little with what you are throwing; in size, color, sound, smell and etc.. Pull out your old school baits and plastics to give the fish a different perspective.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Brandon Adamcik] #11681181 06/22/16 02:14 AM
FlaNative Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Brandon Adamcik
Lake Arlington is on fire.

Cool! Loading up and heading that way now!

Steve Raulerson
Ranger RT188
Florida Native by Birth, Texan by Choice
[Linked Image]
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: UTDmiller] #11681218 06/22/16 02:34 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
Originally Posted By: UTDmiller
Fishing on any lake cycles. I have fished private lakes like Coon Creek where they have a year that the fishing is off by as much as half. Fish numbers fluctuate, baitfish numbers can fluctuate, hard winters cause a bigger fish die of or grass die off. To try to attribute fishing pressure to the major reason a it is harder to catch fish is ridiculous. It is like saying that quail numbers got so low in Texas for the past 10 years due to hunting pressure.
If statistics never lied then the weatherman would be right more than 50% of the time.

So, going to a farm pond that has never been fished will not be easier than going to a lake that gets hammered day in and day out?

You must be a reporter for MSNBC to have taken my post and deduct that is what I typed. confused

No i was legitimately asking you, obviously they are both very different bodies of water, but i feel seeing the same lures day in and day out has a good possibility of having an impact on fishing.

I actually think you were being sarcastic but here is the answer.
No where in my post did I say that pressure was not a factor. I pointed all several other factors that effect fishing. I did point out that even a private lake has its cycles of poor fishing. And not a day or two but a year or so. I did not say it was just as hard to catch fish in a staock tank. As a matter fact I never said stock tank.
The op attributed tough or poor fishing to pressure and no other factors, which is not realistic. Another example would be the lake my house that I am sitting now. For several years it was one of the hottest lakes in North Texas if not the hottest. The fishing royally sucks now and I can assure you it had nothing what so ever to do with pressure. We had a sustained drought, poor spawning and low oxygen levels for a few years. Hence the fishing sucks.

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11681283 06/22/16 03:10 AM
R
Razorback Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Actually the Guntersville guide said fishing pressure is what has caused the dropoff. He said boats are in line to fish areas and that every fish that is caught is thrown into a live well and taken to a weigh-in.

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11681322 06/22/16 03:23 AM
R
RedEar12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I know what all the pressure did to the Pines. I also know that drought played its part also. But Pressure was also a huge factor.

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11681401 06/22/16 04:50 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Bass fishing is a peculiar activity. A lot of anglers do research and find out what they hear is working to catch fish and what lakes are "hot" at the moment and they head to those lakes. It's natural to want to catch fish if you are an angler, so people go where they know people are catching fish and fish the ways that are successful at the moment.

Some of this comes from the fact a lot of people aren't too good at finding fish, just the way it is and always will be. Some comes from most people enjoy the path of least resistance to accomplish their objective (catching fish). It is what it is and I do not think it's going to change anytime soon.

The internet is a double edged sword. It's convenient, but can truly hurt some bodies of water, especially the smaller ones. It creates a lot of fishing pressure on "hot" lakes.

As the old adage goes, loose lips sink ships...

#MFGA
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Douglas J] #11681446 06/22/16 10:45 AM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Bass fishing is a peculiar activity. A lot of anglers do research and find out what they hear is working to catch fish and what lakes are "hot" at the moment and they head to those lakes. It's natural to want to catch fish if you are an angler, so people go where they know people are catching fish and fish the ways that are successful at the moment.

Some of this comes from the fact a lot of people aren't too good at finding fish, just the way it is and always will be. Some comes from most people enjoy the path of least resistance to accomplish their objective (catching fish). It is what it is and I do not think it's going to change anytime soon.

The internet is a double edged sword. It's convenient, but can truly hurt some bodies of water, especially the smaller ones. It creates a lot of fishing pressure on "hot" lakes.

Doug elequently wrote what I have been thinking for a while now. On some lakes, the jet skis, ski boats and shoreline recreation folks add to the mix.

Some even say to find spots where nobody else is fishing...that's hard to do on many lakes because usually when I go to those places, somebody is already there! Especially on smaller power plant lakes like Fayette, Bastrop, Gibbons, etc.

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11681474 06/22/16 11:38 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
It might not be a popular thought but we as bass fisherman are just like buzzards on road kill. We hear about a lake that's doing good and the buzzards start circling and don't stop till it's all gone. Then there is tournament pressure. People don't like to admit it but I think that is way worse of an issue than is put out there. Think about it this way, 20 years ago almost everybody caught and ate about everything that bit and limits were a lot bigger so the argument that there were less people isn't all that correct. Now people keep less and there are WAY more tournaments. The mortality rate is higher than anyone wants to admit. To many guys have to have that weekend tournament fix and let that get in the way of truly taking care of our fisheries

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11682568 06/22/16 08:32 PM
P
Preacher Ed Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Excellent points, Skipper

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Douglas J] #11682598 06/22/16 08:42 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F

could not have said it any better

Jesus loves all of us
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Frank the Tank] #11682856 06/22/16 10:20 PM
C
cde21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
X1,000,000,000!!!

Cody Elliott
Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Razorback] #11682889 06/22/16 10:34 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
White Rock and Bachman are on fire !!

Re: What fishing pressure does to a lake [Re: Douglas J] #11682894 06/22/16 10:36 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

Will you take me fishing and show me your spots and teach me how to find them ?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide