Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11600079 05/12/16 11:59 PM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Think nut was just poking a bit.. if you read his posts, he likes to do that. He also is quick to offer advice or help if it's needed.
I wouldn't expect the school to pony up money for fishing. Despite what we may think....fishing is pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of college programs.
I'd encourage my kids to concentrate on grades and then finance their own activities after they graduate and get a good job. Jmo.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: T54] #11600653 05/13/16 11:57 AM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: T54
Originally Posted By: Nutman
Originally Posted By: Kick
Nice. Polite. Classy comment Karl Dietz. Embarrassed to be on here with some of the other ignorant comments.

It is more embarrassing that the man has to come on the TFF and ask about getting a loaner boat.
I understand that college Bass Fishing Teams are "clubs",,,& are not funded by the athletic department,,,,,, but they still fly the ut colors and use the ut name & represent the university.
where are all the ut exes ....the Alums ??? Why don't they already have access to a big burnt orange & white bass boat ?

as a fisherman, I hope they get what they need.
As an OU alum: I don't know if I am dumb founded or amused that they cannot get any support right out of Austin.

Does the OU team have a maroon and white boat provided by alumns? No.

There are dozens of club sports. Would you expect them all to be directly supported by donations from alumni? This is a 9 year old club...might take a while longer before this benevolent mystery millionaire steps up and floats the team a new wrapped boat.

T54...... NO ! The OU team does not have a big maroon & white boat provided by alumni !!!
They have a big "RED & WHITE" Schooner bass boats (3) provided by: 1.) themselves 2.) Alumni 3.) OU Athletic Department
"RED & WHITE" ,,,,,, since those are the school colors ....... no maroon in Norman Oklahoma.

Don't get me wrong,,,, we do not mind maroon,, especially like A&M when they were playing UT and beating them in football.
I am certainly glad some folks stepped up and helped these guys out. Fishing 1st ...... School affiliation 2nd.
BUT,,,,,,,,I still have 2 words for ya:
"BOOMER SOONER"

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11600678 05/13/16 12:12 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
heres a concept since the school should not be funding a boat for outside interest the folks that want to do this if is that big of a deal to them get together an do some work to fund it. college is supposed to be for learning an getting ready for the future life of work to sustain your ambitions. next folks that go to college will want the taxpayers to give them a new truck an boat so they will be happy.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: ssmith] #11600724 05/13/16 12:44 PM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: ssmith
heres a concept since the school should not be funding a boat for outside interest the folks that want to do this if is that big of a deal to them get together an do some work to fund it. college is supposed to be for learning an getting ready for the future life of work to sustain your ambitions. next folks that go to college will want the taxpayers to give them a new truck an boat so they will be happy.

WOW ! Really ? "the school should not be funding a boat"
Then why are they the "UT Bass Fishing Team". Why would they have UT colors flying and wear UT clothing ?
if they had to do "fund raising" for their boat then why wouldn't it just be their boat.
They are going to "College Fishing Tournaments" under the UT banner. ......... seems to me to be a good enough reason for UT or UT Alumni to step up. This is for any College or University not just UT.
Anytime a student athlete competes/represents for their school they should be supported in some shape form or fashion.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11600758 05/13/16 01:00 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I agree with Nuts. The department I work in considers our college fishing team as an advertisment and recruitment tool and that more than justifies covering travel expenses to some major tournaments. We're not large enough to be able to fund a boat but for schools with large advertising budgets, a one-time purchase of even a lightly used boat wrapped in eye catching colors out and about every weekend wouldn't be a difficult pitch to make.

To the original poster, hope you guys get squared away. Nothing worse than boat troubles at the last minute.

Scott Jones
Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: T54] #11600759 05/13/16 01:01 PM
M
Mike_Soriano™ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: T54
Originally Posted By: Karl Dietz
Rene, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry and embarrassed that your first impressions of this site will be tainted with the worst that comes with an open forum. There are a lot of very good people here that are eager to help and share and as you have experienced, there are a bunch of negative "haters" that jump at any opportunity to make people feel bad!

Don't let their needless remarks keep you from trying to realize your dream of competing at this level!

I hope someone comes through for you!

Good Luck!

BTW, I'm good for $100 toward a rental!

Class act as always, Karl.

+1.. you wouldn't think bass fisherman would be so eager to put young competition anglers down. Why is it so hard to believe that college kids don't have the means to get a tournament ready boat at the drop of a hat. (Just so you know, I'm a USC fan and 2006 still stings.) But college loyalties aside, I hope you guys get out there and whack em. I'm sure there's a demo boat SOMEWHERE in Texas with a dealer wrap that the shop wouldn't mind having their logo on national tv.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: Nutman] #11600768 05/13/16 01:04 PM
M
Mike_Soriano™ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: Nutman
Originally Posted By: Kick
Nice. Polite. Classy comment Karl Dietz. Embarrassed to be on here with some of the other ignorant comments.

It is more embarrassing that the man has to come on the TFF and ask about getting a loaner boat.
I understand that college Bass Fishing Teams are "clubs",,,& are not funded by the athletic department,,,,,, but they still fly the ut colors and use the ut name & represent the university.
where are all the ut exes ....the Alums ??? Why don't they already have access to a big burnt orange & white bass boat ?

as a fisherman, I hope they get what they need.
As an OU alum: I don't know if I am dumb founded or amused that they cannot get any support right out of Austin.

I went to OU, give me your boat and your rods.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11600990 05/13/16 03:07 PM
JC Skeeter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I would hit up Lunkers TV on his offer, he is a UT supporter and has a nice Skeeter. You can message him here or find him on youtube.

I would also post on Orangebloods, the yahoo rivals forum, I can guarantee you that you will have luck there.

Last edited by JasonC; 05/13/16 03:11 PM.
Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: Outdoordude] #11601001 05/13/16 03:12 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
I agree with Nuts. The department I work in considers our college fishing team as an advertisment and recruitment tool and that more than justifies covering travel expenses to some major tournaments. We're not large enough to be able to fund a boat but for schools with large advertising budgets, a one-time purchase of even a lightly used boat wrapped in eye catching colors out and about every weekend wouldn't be a difficult pitch to make.

To the original poster, hope you guys get squared away. Nothing worse than boat troubles at the last minute.

UT did not feel the same way when I was there and we were getting the team going. We weren't even allowed to use their trademarks (font for TEXAS, longhorn logo, etc) on our jerseys or website.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11601060 05/13/16 03:40 PM
B
BarG Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I was the president of the Water Ski Team at Texas Tech while I was there. We were able to get a sponsorship from a local dealer that would basically give us a boat for cost. We would use it for one year then turn around and re-sale it and buy another new boat. We had a new boat every year since we had a pretty good down payment from the last years boat. It takes a lot of work and responsibility but it would be easy to get a dealership to help with this if your team can present itself well.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: BarG] #11601504 05/13/16 07:28 PM
TwoLakes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Wonder why the original poster has not responded to the offers? I would think he would return often if it was important for them to get a boat. Maybe they got one already?

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: TwoLakes] #11601514 05/13/16 07:35 PM
M
Mike_Soriano™ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: TwoLakes
Wonder why the original poster has not responded to the offers? I would think he would return often if it was important for them to get a boat. Maybe they got one already?

Hope so.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: TwoLakes] #11601589 05/13/16 08:08 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TwoLakes

Was wondering the same thing, if you look them up on Facebook they mention Marine outlet several times thanking them for the loaner boat they used a few times the last month or so.

Last edited by 21xs Elite; 05/13/16 08:08 PM.
Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: renelopez] #11601731 05/13/16 09:41 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Hopefully the boat is not like the football team, a sinking ship.

Re: UT Bass Team needs a boat [Re: 04champ] #11601793 05/13/16 10:21 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: 04champ
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude

UT did not feel the same way when I was there and we were getting the team going. We weren't even allowed to use their trademarks (font for TEXAS, longhorn logo, etc) on our jerseys or website.

good ole TU support!

thumb gig'em

#MFGA
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide