Forums59
Topics1,039,340
Posts13,963,123
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11554935 04/20/16 06:09 PM
bccougar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Basscat Trailers are great. I have owned several and currently have two. I think they hold up better than most. I have a '93 that looks better than a lot of guys 2010 or newer models. go to a boat ramp and look around. you will learn quickly which are quality and which ones tend to rust out.

www.anglersprotackle.com -Anglers Pro Tackle Pro staff
www.doublezzcustomlures.com -Double ZZ Custom Lures
www.mercurymarine.com -Mercury Pro Staff
www.power-pole.com -Power-Pole Pro Staff
www.midwestmarineonline.com -Midwest Marine

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: bccougar] #11555688 04/21/16 12:50 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: bccougar
Basscat Trailers are great. I have owned several and currently have two. I think they hold up better than most. I have a '93 that looks better than a lot of guys 2010 or newer models. go to a boat ramp and look around. you will learn quickly which are quality and which ones tend to rust out.

Heck I think I may have to put a Bass Cat Trailer under my new Triton grin , funny story, I ran Rangers for 20 years, two of the worst trailers I have ever had were Ranger Trail Trailers, never had a BC, I am sure they are nice, I think that most reputable bass boat companies have good trailers, I have seen some of the lower end boats that had lower end trailers. If they are built with channel, wires ran through conduit, rhino lined, vault hubs, custom jack stand, shocks, not sure how you can improve on that.

[Linked Image]
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11555725 04/21/16 01:07 AM
P
Pumadon Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
I've got a 2006 basscat that I have towed all over the southwest and they trailer great. A few tar spots, no rust and easy on tires and brakes. I ordered the add on trailer step and the back-up lights from basscat. Both are worth the money. I have owned this set-up since new.

FISHING NOW NOT WORKING ANYMORE
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11555948 04/21/16 02:38 AM
M
Mo_Cat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Tween Ranger trailer and Cat trailer-- what I have noticed. Much easier to crank up jack on Cat Trailer than Ranger. Cat is on side of trailer frame, Ranger is centered under the boat. Cat spare tire is under trailer, but it puddles water and oxidizes the spare wheel. Ranger spare is side mounted and I can't see side clearance lights when pulling at night out my mirror. Am anal and always looking in mirror at tires and lights to make sure everything is OK. Pick your poison. LOL Both quality trailers.

Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Mo_Cat] #11556023 04/21/16 03:08 AM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Mo_Cat
Tween Ranger trailer and Cat trailer-- what I have noticed. Much easier to crank up jack on Cat Trailer than Ranger. Cat is on side of trailer frame, Ranger is centered under the boat. Cat spare tire is under trailer, but it puddles water and oxidizes the spare wheel. Ranger spare is side mounted and I can't see side clearance lights when pulling at night out my mirror. Am anal and always looking in mirror at tires and lights to make sure everything is OK. Pick your poison. LOL Both quality trailers.

Take a look at the gel coat around the spare tire. Every ranger that I have had gets s lot of gravel marks from the spare tire. This is just something I noticed. However, I suggest putting the triton on a triton trailer. If you go to sale the boat. It'll throw up s lot of red flags.

Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11556486 04/21/16 02:00 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Take a look at the gel coat around the spare tire. Every ranger that I have had gets s lot of gravel marks from the spare tire. This is just something I noticed. However, I suggest putting the triton on a triton trailer. If you go to sale the boat. It'll throw up s lot of red flags.
If you are referring to me I was just being cute, like I said earlier, all good boat manufacturers make good trailers, some have a few more perks than others, how about the parking brake on the Rager trailers, that seems like a heck of an idea.

[Linked Image]
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Happykamper] #11557023 04/21/16 05:38 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Happykamper

If you are referring to me I was just being cute, like I said earlier, all good boat manufacturers make good trailers, some have a few more perks than others, how about the parking brake on the Rager trailers, that seems like a heck of an idea.

No sir. I was not referring to anyone. I loved that parking brake!! However, make sure you put a lock on it to keep it in the up position. Only takes a few "jokes" before you get tired of it.

Last edited by Andrew Y'Barbo; 04/21/16 05:43 PM.
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11557866 04/22/16 12:34 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Happykamper

No sir. I was not referring to anyone. I loved that parking brake!! However, make sure you put a lock on it to keep it in the up position. Only takes a few "jokes" before you get tired of it.

I bet, my luck I would forget about it and smoke the brakes, not sure if Triton has that option, I am going to check and see.

[Linked Image]
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11558251 04/22/16 03:04 AM
P
Phoenix 920 Pro xp Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Phoenix uses marine master trailers. They seem to be really good

Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11559613 04/22/16 09:16 PM
Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin Offline
Angler
Angler
So what boat got recalled ?? Skeeter LOL...

ShareLunker 3817
2019 Ranger Z520
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin] #11560371 04/23/16 04:59 AM
M
Mo_Cat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Am pretty sure it's Triton's.

Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin] #11560706 04/23/16 02:58 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: Moved to Sandlin
So what boat got recalled ?? Skeeter LOL...

The new model 2014 Triton 21 TRX, something about using a different glass technique, some of the boats began cracking in front half of boat, mine does not have a crack one, i still get a brand new shiny 2017 model. thumb

[Linked Image]
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11560729 04/23/16 03:26 PM
67TexasTBend Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: BigTxBassMan
And what about some of the other trailers out there? Magnum? McClain? Etc?

Check out this guy. He's near Lake Conroe.

http://www.texallaluminumtrailers.com/

Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: BigTxBassMan] #11560858 04/23/16 05:35 PM
R
reelswift Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
How much $$$ for a new Triton 21 TRX trailer ?

Team LVS34
Captain WNB
Re: RangerTrail trailer vs BassCat trailer [Re: reelswift] #11561392 04/24/16 01:37 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: reelswift
How much $$$ for a new Triton 21 TRX trailer ?

I was quoted 6700.00

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide