Forums59
Topics1,039,592
Posts13,967,188
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: WillieKetchum] #11553638 04/20/16 02:43 AM
SteveHummert Online Content
pawpaw
Online Content
pawpaw
Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
I simply questioned the guidelines which were used to move some posts to other categories. Since there seems to be no written or advertised rates and rules for advertising, the common member doesn't even know they exist.

It's really sad that nowadays the guy that sticks out of a crowd is simply the one that asks for honesty and integrity. Unfortunately, in most crowds he is frowned upon for it. That's just the world we are living in nowadays.

And honestly when Snickers said "politics" he was dead on. Politics is all about who pays who to do what. How can you argue that's not what is going on here?

Please familiarize yourself with the rules for the forum, you might be amazed at what you read there. hammer

Backlash

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: WillieKetchum] #11553916 04/20/16 10:33 AM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
I simply questioned the guidelines which were used to move some posts to other categories. Since there seems to be no written or advertised rates and rules for advertising, the common member doesn't even know they exist.

It's really sad that nowadays the guy that sticks out of a crowd is simply the one that asks for honesty and integrity. Unfortunately, in most crowds he is frowned upon for it. That's just the world we are living in nowadays.

And honestly when Snickers said "politics" he was dead on. Politics is all about who pays who to do what. How can you argue that's not what is going on here?

Maybe it time for you to leave the forum.

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11553995 04/20/16 12:25 PM
R
reelswift Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
No one is forced to read any of these threads,

Team LVS34
Captain WNB
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: RedRanger] #11554017 04/20/16 12:35 PM
C
Chris Borden Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

He's made it longer under this handle than he did the last! roflmao

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554038 04/20/16 12:47 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
I see some informational posts in this thread and then I see some arseh01e attitude from some towards him.

Seems to me this Willie Ketchum guy has been a member of this fine forum for about 6 months. I am sure he is still feeling his way around here. He has been a pretty decent contributor to most threads.

As he has been singled out maybe this could have been handled with a PM.

To Willie ... you bring something to a public post questioning the mods methods/SOP you might expect to be called out publicly. Don't want to see you leave here especially since I am a Rayburn regular as you are and I appreciate your info. Subdued manners is a good policy but whatever you do don't publicly question how the forum is run. It belongs to JP and you are a guest ... act like one!

This is a big forum that is dominated by the Dallas / Ft Worth folks.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554043 04/20/16 12:48 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Can we move this thread to plugs and announcements?

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: Jarrett Latta] #11554052 04/20/16 12:54 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

Lol

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: WAWI] #11554133 04/20/16 01:26 PM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

Lol
peep

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: Jarrett Latta] #11554162 04/20/16 01:39 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content OP
the janitor
OP Online Content
the janitor
J

We can definitely move you somewhere.

nuts

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554180 04/20/16 01:43 PM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
hmmm popcorn

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: Chris Borden] #11554215 04/20/16 02:03 PM
J
Jeff Gilbert Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

I'll never understand why people hide behind fake names? If you've got something to say, just own it. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion or even a debate about something, it's what leaders, innovators and successful people do in the adult world. It's usually the envious wannabes and keyboard warriors that offer gripes and complaints from anonymity. Maybe not Willie and Snickers and maybe they have reasons to have aliases, but if anyone wants to validate your complaints and opinions, put your name on it. No need to hide, we are all adults trying to make the fishing community better. I'm anxious to hear your ideas, as is JP I would think.

Last edited by Jeff Gilbert; 04/20/16 02:05 PM.

Here's to ruttin' bucks, cuppin' ducks, & kicker fish luck!

OWNER- FUN-n-SUN BOATS & TACKLE SALES
Cleburne & Hurst Texas
(817)279-1991 & 280-0303
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554238 04/20/16 02:15 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I do not believe their is such a thing as a perfect company. I do believe the TFF does a good job on keeping this site civil most of the time. LOL We are all very passionate about our opinions which is why we need referees/ moderators. I do not agree with them all the time, because I believe different people get treated differently on here, but has the old saying goes. When you take your bat and bat to someone else's ballpark you will play by their rules. Folks if you do not like the job JP or the MOD's are doing feel free to start your own fishing forum, if you want to play here play by THEIR rules.

Funny thing about owning a company you get to run it the way you want to. LOL

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 04/20/16 02:16 PM.
Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554298 04/20/16 02:35 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson

We can definitely move you somewhere.

nuts

Meh...I move around a lot, I'm used to it.

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: J.P. Greeson] #11554299 04/20/16 02:35 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
I really enjoy this forum and I enjoy helping folks. I've given my opinion to JP a couple of times.

How about this idea: You can use whatever screen name you choose but your real name must be on your profile and it must be publicly visible or you are limited to Read Only. Posting privileges are not granted until you fill out the profile completely.

Re: why most plugs & announcements are moved, but a few stay [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #11554308 04/20/16 02:36 PM
Neal G Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Jeff Gilbert
Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

I'll never understand why people hide behind fake names? If you've got something to say, just own it. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion or even a debate about something, it's what leaders, innovators and successful people do in the adult world. It's usually the envious wannabes and keyboard warriors that offer gripes and complaints from anonymity. Maybe not Willie and Snickers and maybe they have reasons to have aliases, but if anyone wants to validate your complaints and opinions, put your name on it. No need to hide, we are all adults trying to make the fishing community better. I'm anxious to hear your ideas, as is JP I would think.

For some it is because of their employment & position in which participating in any social media environment is strongly discouraged. There are also legitimate touring professionals on here that will not participate using their real names. There are also some equipment/bait manufacturers and other industry insiders that do not want to disclose their identity for obvious reasons. There are also regional tournament anglers that do not want to pis off the tournament organizations with their legitimate comments due to possible rule violations in making negative public comments. Some of the above choose to use surrogates (other people with real name or an alias) to do the communicating inside the forums.

More?

I do not know what percent of the members have good reasons versus jerks behind aliases.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide