Forums59
Topics1,039,312
Posts13,962,704
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11497823 03/24/16 12:59 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Snuck by the crowd and when upstream. Went to the deeper holes and Nick and I put a slaughter on. Just because you see us catching fish at One spot does not mean that's where the only fish in the 12 miles or creek. When you have 10 to 15 people casting at the same spot, the fish get super spooked and won't bite. That's why y'all are not catching a lot at the magic honey hole. Five of us when upstream of y'all to the deep pockets a mile up and just absolutely slaughtered them. Even found a little pocket of females. You can catch fish at the mouth of the creek all the way past 78 for a couple miles. I've told you how to find them and what to do so quit piling up in the same spot and start moving. If you start to move when the bite shuts down you can fill your stringer by fishing one pocket at a time quickly. Catch one or two fish in each pocket then move to the next pocket. Shade is your absolute best friend after the sun comes up.

[Linked Image]

I haven't told one person not to cross my line again, this year. Most of the trips will walk a little bit a ways and get away from people then start fishing. If people are crossing your lines you're too close to other people. There's plenty of fish in the creek system to find your own hole.

If we get this rain in the next couple hours or what not, might flood the creek in the weekend might be difficult. Or it will be amazing.

[Linked Image]

https://CowboyNavy.org ( please sign up if you have a boat )

Contact Number 469-528-0210

Facebook- Carey Thorn Foshing Guide
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11497915 03/24/16 01:28 PM
R
River Mongrel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Any banjo music?

Keep em tight!
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11498046 03/24/16 02:07 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11498591 03/24/16 05:28 PM
R
River Mongrel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R

This^^^^^^

Keep em tight!
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11499706 03/25/16 02:42 AM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Spot filled

Last edited by Mckinneycrappiecatcher; 03/25/16 10:46 PM.
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11501380 03/25/16 11:06 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Very slow today. Minnows bumped on bottom. The really won't take a jig today. At least this noting the lure bite was dead. Started picking up as we left.

Last edited by TarponFly; 03/26/16 03:41 PM.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11502563 03/26/16 04:13 PM
T
Tgh523 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Went to Rowlett Creek yesterday and went above FireWheel Pkwy.
Caught 5 real fast then nothing. Goin 2marr and walking south of FireWheel Pkwy.
Hopefully I do better and tarpon fly you was right bout the soccer cleats.
It's bout an 1 1/2 hour drive for me. My first time to fish for spawning sandies. Fun
Good luck, can't catch them unless you go!!!!!

Last edited by Truston Hibdon; 03/26/16 04:33 PM.
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11502607 03/26/16 04:58 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
slow slow. 6 Sandies till 11 am. Now it's a bite or fish every cast.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11502925 03/26/16 09:57 PM
T
Tomadams Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T

Originally Posted by TarponFly

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Snuck by the crowd and when upstream. Went to the deeper holes and Nick and I put a slaughter on. Just because you see us catching fish at One spot does not mean that's where the only fish in the 12 miles or creek. When you have 10 to 15 people casting at the same spot, the fish get super spooked and won't bite. That's why y'all are not catching a lot at the magic honey hole. Five of us when upstream of y'all to the deep pockets a mile up and just absolutely slaughtered them. Even found a little pocket of females. You can catch fish at the mouth of the creek all the way past 78 for a couple miles. I've told you how to find them and what to do so quit piling up in the same spot and start moving. If you start to move when the bite shuts down you can fill your stringer by fishing one pocket at a time quickly. Catch one or two fish in each pocket then move to the next pocket. Shade is your absolute best friend after the sun comes up.

[Linked Image]

I haven't told one person not to cross my line again, this year. Most of the trips will walk a little bit a ways and get away from people then start fishing. If people are crossing your lines you're too close to other people. There's plenty of fish in the creek system to find your own hole.

If we get this rain in the next couple hours or what not, might flood the creek in the weekend might be difficult. Or it will be amazing.

I always see you where everyone is fishing...common spots where everyone is fishing...there's miles of creek. Please look for a honey hole, hot a common hole.

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11504305 03/27/16 07:30 PM
T
tin man 55 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
this is great information, but I have a question.

I fish Lake Fork a lot, but it is fed by small creeks. if I want to catch them on this lake, do I just go as far as I can go up the major creeks?

2014 Ranger RT-188
115 Mercury Pro-XS
Lowrance Gen-3 units
Ultrex
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: tin man 55] #11505198 03/28/16 04:28 AM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: tin man 55
this is great information, but I have a question.

I fish Lake Fork a lot, but it is fed by small creeks. if I want to catch them on this lake, do I just go as far as I can go up the major creeks?
if you have a small creek that always has water and has current on the north end of the lake it will get a sandbass run. It would be best to walk the banks. Fish usually run up as far as the can get unless there is a log jam or dam that's impossible to get past

Last edited by Mckinneycrappiecatcher; 03/28/16 04:31 AM.
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: Tomadams] #11508853 03/29/16 06:19 PM
M
MrNovice Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Tomadams

Originally Posted by TarponFly

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I always see you where everyone is fishing...common spots where everyone is fishing...there's miles of creek. Please look for a honey hole, hot a common hole.

popcorn2

Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11511435 03/30/16 06:26 PM
T
TarponFly Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
T
Nick filled his waders, so he lost his pictures in his phone as a result. Nice Job Nick, told ya it was deep.

Limits have been flying out and usually we limit before 830 am. Didn't limit yesterday due to my one client said she had enough. 5 year old Bella stopped at 18 sand bass and said her arm hurt. We were only fishing for 25 minutes. Fastest guide trip ever.

The father and I would cast the lure out and she would reel it in. 18 casts, 18 fish.

If you take your kid fishing, and the kid says they are done. Go home. Do not force them to stay or they wont go back out with you or wont want to for that matter. The father was going to fish a bit but the kid was ready to leave and she had her fun. Its about the kiddos when you take them fishing, not you. Need a good rain to bring the females way up. Flukes on 1/32 oz jig heads have been our ticket for limits. Some days minnows are must.

[Linked Image]

Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11518702 04/03/16 07:34 AM
T
TxPacker4 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
This morning was BRUTAL. Pressure seemed to be on the rise for the better part of the day. Got to the creek around 6am, and we were able to pick 2-3 from each school, but for the most part, lock-jaw had set in. I sat on a couple schools of 50-100 fish, and watched as I continuously drifted a minnow through the school, bumping off of the fish! Not even a nibble....

Went and got some lunch and decided it was too pretty to be sitting at home, so I got back out to see if there were some hungry fish anywhere to be found. After a while, about 5:00-5:30pm I indeed found some hungry fishies. A bunch of big FAT mags. After a few pictures sent, and a phone call to Carey, he decided to join in on the fun. Action was fairly steady until about 6:45-7, and the pressure started to fall, and this caught on fire! Though today was very strange... They DID NOT want anything to do with minnows. All our fish were caught, SLOW rolling a 3" chartreuse w/glitter curly tail, dragging it just along the bottom. Finally glad to be able to get away from the minnows. So much nicer when you don't have to worry about dragging a bait bucket around.

Mr. Thorn's limit..

And mine...

Cody Waddle
Licensed Fishing Guide
texasoklahomafishingguides.com
Re: ** Annual White Bass/ Sand Bass Run Fishing Guide Report, Tips, Videos, & Tricks ** [Re: TarponFly] #11518793 04/03/16 12:45 PM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Wow!!! That is a load of fish. Very nice.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide