Mckinneycrappiecatcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
I think TPWD failed to think this through as fisherman when it was conceived, nonetheless, it is the law. Get the receipt and cover your back side. Most bait shops run their sales through a cash register anyway, so a receipt should be no problem.

Gman

I am spectulating that they FAILED to think this issue through on ANY level...EXCEPT being able to write MORE tickets to the public... stir
thumb

Ok, here is the scene...

1) Rich well connected Water Companies to not-so-highly paid Govmint Officials - we need more control over our water resources. Too many peasants are using the lakes/streams and questioning our judgement. We need to limit the criticism as much as possible.
2) Govmint official - Hmmm, well we could roll out the Zebra Mussel Research and enact more laws to protect your water rights...and we can get each State oversee it...of course it WILL require a significant donation to my RE-election campain fund.
3) Money is not our problem; control is our problem....Get it done and name your price.
4) Govmint Official to State Official...It is a Multi-Billion problem in your state... Your state needs to be in the forefront of this problem...Think of all the extra money that will made available through enforcement revenures, money for extra staffing, federal support, and reelection support....Hmmm, sounds like we have a SERIOUS problem that needs to be addressed...We Need to Change the Laws, to protect our waters.
5) Govmint Training Experts to State GWs...There will be a 180 day phase in period...Advise the public at gatherings, provide policy guidance to business selling live bait, inform the public at the launches; then during the next boating season extend the long arm of the law by writing tickets, even if you are wrong, it will be ok because the ALJ (administrative Law Judge) will further define/expand the laws as written to become more onerus, so we can effectively limit citizens from using the lakes through confusing enforcement actions....
6) Poor Peasants to other Poor Peasants (aka tax paying citizens)....These laws are CR@P, and I got a ticket because I didn't towel dry my boat before I left the launch...

And that ladies, gentlemen, and TFFers is how laws become enacted...
the part I don't understand is why you must clean and dry your boat at a lake where there are no zebra mussels present.....do you know where it says in the law that you must towel dry your boat? This is getting crazy, and the minnow law especially has some very ambiguous wording in it that can be hard to understand. I wish the law makers would at least make things understandable for those of us aren't lawyers.

Last edited by Mckinneycrappiecatcher; 03/03/16 05:55 AM.
Re: Minnow receipt ?? [Re: crapicat] #11453117 03/03/16 06:00 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
You get a standing O for that one soooo freaking tru!!!!
Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000
Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
I think TPWD failed to think this through as fisherman when it was conceived, nonetheless, it is the law. Get the receipt and cover your back side. Most bait shops run their sales through a cash register anyway, so a receipt should be no problem.

Gman

I am spectulating that they FAILED to think this issue through on ANY level...EXCEPT being able to write MORE tickets to the public... stir
thumb

Ok, here is the scene...

1) Rich well connected Water Companies to not-so-highly paid Govmint Officials - we need more control over our water resources. Too many peasants are using the lakes/streams and questioning our judgement. We need to limit the criticism as much as possible.
2) Govmint official - Hmmm, well we could roll out the Zebra Mussel Research and enact more laws to protect your water rights...and we can get each State oversee it...of course it WILL require a significant donation to my RE-election campain fund.
3) Money is not our problem; control is our problem....Get it done and name your price.
4) Govmint Official to State Official...It is a Multi-Billion problem in your state... Your state needs to be in the forefront of this problem...Think of all the extra money that will made available through enforcement revenures, money for extra staffing, federal support, and reelection support....Hmmm, sounds like we have a SERIOUS problem that needs to be addressed...We Need to Change the Laws, to protect our waters.
5) Govmint Training Experts to State GWs...There will be a 180 day phase in period...Advise the public at gatherings, provide policy guidance to business selling live bait, inform the public at the launches; then during the next boating season extend the long arm of the law by writing tickets, even if you are wrong, it will be ok because the ALJ (administrative Law Judge) will further define/expand the laws as written to become more onerus, so we can effectively limit citizens from using the lakes through confusing enforcement actions....
6) Poor Peasants to other Poor Peasants (aka tax paying citizens)....These laws are CR@P, and I got a ticket because I didn't towel dry my boat before I left the launch...

And that ladies, gentlemen, and TFFers is how laws become enacted...
clap bow_down

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Minnow receipt ?? [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11453120 03/03/16 06:04 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
75 MPH beats any towel any day!

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Minnow receipt ?? [Re: Mckinneycrappiecatcher] #11453122 03/03/16 06:15 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Hey Mckinneycrappie catcherr....I have a tip for you. To better understand the provisions of any law, read it backwards (ie. from the end to the beginning, one sentence/paragraph at a time) It will help your comprehension and "unconfuse" any law.

BTW, I am a 1986 honors graduate of TCU...Go Frogs!

Re: Minnow receipt ?? [Re: crapicat] #11453770 03/03/16 03:55 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Hey Mckinneycrappie catcherr....I have a tip for you. To better understand the provisions of any law, read it backwards (ie. from the end to the beginning, one sentence/paragraph at a time) It will help your comprehension and "unconfuse" any law.

Now we know the problem roflmao roflmao
No offense Laner.

By the way, how's that debate champion doing?

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Minnow receipt ?? [Re: Ken Gaby] #11455408 03/04/16 05:04 AM
C
crapicat Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby

Now we know the problem roflmao roflmao
No offense Laner.

By the way, how's that debate champion doing?

Nah, Ken...TCU was only a small part of the equation...I mean hey, a Country Boy Redneck like me deciding to work for the Govmint for over a decade in an area where you are the detective, the judge, and the jury...WELL, you should be able to piece together the Paul Harvey version...LOL

She is doing just fine, for an AGGIE what can you expect!!!! We sure do gig each other pretty good during football season! BTW I will tell her you asked about her...she misses getting to go fishing with me though...at least, "thats her storyline", which. of course, Always seems to precede a general discussion of how she needs more money!!!! Nah, not really, but the situation did occur once...so I am on the lookout for it to happen again...Wouldn't have been so obivious except the weather was not conducive to fishing...That said, I think we have tenative fishing plans during spring break, assuming we can convince mom to lay off shopping for a day or two while she is here...

P.S. Matthew, Rachel always asks me if I have been messing with her Halo Magics that MR. JIGUM sent her (I wouldn't dare, for fear of retribution!) and I always tell her the same thing, NOPE, I have MY own, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide