Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I like your reports, please don't stop.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11356802 01/19/16 11:48 PM
BMCD Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Never understand people like that. We have all had this experience, and Im sure I have ticked off a few. I try not too. But that is the way to handle it.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11357813 01/20/16 01:58 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
I'm sure I will continue to post reports. I was simply discouraged at myself. I went out there with a mission in mind and that was to locate where the bigger fish had moved to. By not accomplishing this task, I felt like I had failed. At least I now know where they aren't at. Let the process of liminations begin. But I'll find them soon enough, it's a small lake, they can run, but they can't hide for ever. I am ready go look for these sorry little rascals once again.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11358491 01/20/16 06:16 PM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: fishytx
Every now and then you will run into that one guy who thinks a cove belongs to him and he will address his concerns with an attitude. Its these types of folks that get under my skin. In fact, it can almost ruin my day. But I have found it to be much easier on myself to just say something nice back and move on. But boy howdy, I use to not handle disrespect from a stranger very well and it would completely destroy my day... Im sure almost all of you have run into the JERK Im talking about. Just flat out rude. And yes, it takes everything you have within yourself to stay calm, I know, I have been there done that.

It gets so crowded there on the weekends, you can't help but to fish on top of each other. I think people who haven't fished there a lot have trouble processing the idea that at Fayette, after about an hour after sunrise, there isn't much water that hasn't already been trampled on. It gets so crowded in some of those coves and along the dam, I'm surprised there hasn't been an entrepreneur who has thought of mounting a smoker on the back deck of his boat and selling brisket and tater salad to the masses.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11358527 01/20/16 06:32 PM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
I'm sure I will continue to post reports. I was simply discouraged at myself. I went out there with a mission in mind and that was to locate where the bigger fish had moved to. By not accomplishing this task, I felt like I had failed. At least I now know where they aren't at. Let the process of liminations begin. But I'll find them soon enough, it's a small lake, they can run, but they can't hide for ever. I am ready go look for these sorry little rascals once again.

Last time out, I hung one that broke me off along the dam riprap where it curves. I didn't get a look at it, but it felt like a good sized fish. I also caught a few and lost even more in the same area using a green fluke on a C-rig, wind drifting and just dragging it along. Those were smaller ones in the 1-2 lb. range. I also boated a 4.2 pounder in about 4 ft. of water in the trees on a Megabass 110 jerkbait. A couple trips back, I graphed some trees out in the middle of the lake and ran a 20 ft. deep diving crankbait over the trees and pulled one out about 3.5 lbs. I hooked and lost another good sized fish, 4-5 lbs - this one I lost right at the boat - along that long stretch of reeds in the cove where Oak Thicket Park ramp is right at dusk. That was on a Rapala Husky Jerk.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: Garvin] #11358946 01/20/16 09:31 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Garvin
Every now and then you will run into that one guy who thinks a cove belongs to him and he will address his concerns with an attitude. Its these types of folks that get under my skin. In fact, it can almost ruin my day. But I have found it to be much easier on myself to just say something nice back and move on. But boy howdy, I use to not handle disrespect from a stranger very well and it would completely destroy my day... Im sure almost all of you have run into the JERK Im talking about. Just flat out rude. And yes, it takes everything you have within yourself to stay calm, I know, I have been there done that.

It gets so crowded there on the weekends, you can't help but to fish on top of each other. I think people who haven't fished there a lot have trouble processing the idea that at Fayette, after about an hour after sunrise, there isn't much water that hasn't already been trampled on. It gets so crowded in some of those coves and along the dam, I'm surprised there hasn't been an entrepreneur who has thought of mounting a smoker on the back deck of his boat and selling brisket and tater salad to the masses.

And that is why I don't fish anywhere on weekends. Too many tournament pro wannabes and just stupid people.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11360913 01/21/16 06:28 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Sunday on this lake isn't to bad. Most of the anglers will pack it up early so they can get everything squared away before starting a new week.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11362067 01/22/16 02:26 AM
V
Virdine Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
V
I sure enjoy your reports! I lurk here often, but rarely post and that's pretty much the only lake I fish. It works for me because it's close, has good fishing, and it works for my little aluminum boat. I've really struggled the last 2 years with catching good fish also and sometimes I struggle to catch a decent number of little ones. I fish out of a war eagle center console so if you ever see me on the lake pull up and we'll chat a spell. Good luck and thanks for the reports!

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: ChuChu1] #11369747 01/26/16 12:24 AM
L
LSM Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: ChuChu1
Originally Posted By: Garvin

And that is why I don't fish anywhere on weekends. Too many tournament pro wannabes and just stupid people.

Hit the nail squarely on the head. I kayak fish some, which makes your statement even more profound to me. Tournament pro wannabes........

Last edited by LSM; 01/26/16 09:27 PM.
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11372900 01/27/16 04:09 AM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
I try my best to fish on weekdays. Those weekend worriers can have it on Saturday and Sunday, Ill have it on one of the other five days. LOL Personally, I like to fish on Wednesday, the lake has a chance to settle down, or calm down and the fish seem to feed better. Those sore mouths have had a chance to heal and ready to bite again. Hehehehe

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11375043 01/28/16 01:01 AM
C.J Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
What's the water temp right now?

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11375135 01/28/16 01:35 AM
K
KutTail71 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
What's wrong with fishing tournaments? I fish tournaments and fish for fun. Am I a pro?not even close just enjoy the competition. I don't think I act like one either. Fun fishing or during a tournament I respect anybody out there fishing as I hope others do as well. I do enjoy the reports. Gives me an idea what to start with.

Last edited by KutTail71; 01/28/16 01:57 AM.
Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: KutTail71] #11375262 01/28/16 02:13 AM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: KutTail71
What's wrong with fishing tournaments? I fish tournaments and fish for fun. Am I a pro?not even close just enjoy the competition. I don't think I act like one either. Fun fishing or during a tournament I respect anybody out there fishing as I hope others do as well. I do enjoy the reports. Gives me an idea what to start with.

Nothing wrong with fishing tournaments, as long as you respect the non tournament fishermen. And as far as that goes, as long as any fisherman respect other fishermen.

Don't need to get into disrespectful sport boaters.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11376006 01/28/16 01:46 PM
F
fishytx Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
F
The so called Jerk guy I'm referring to is the one that feels the need to use foul language in a loud voice. Really? A person can get a lot more accomplished by talking to someone with respect as they would like others to speak to them. Some stranger starts using foul language towards me, it ticks me off big time. And it's everything in my power to respond back with a sivial toung. But I do because I'm a better man than they are and I refuse to get upset and allow them to ruin my day.

Re: Fayette 1-14-16 [Re: fishytx] #11381788 01/31/16 12:31 PM
txtroutklr Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Fishytx,

What kind of boat was this guy running?

I think I have run into him also...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide