Forums59
Topics1,039,355
Posts13,963,314
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11313185 12/31/15 03:09 AM
L
lizardfliper Offline
Angler
Angler
L
the curado i is a nice reel in my opinion but id go with the chronarch ci4+ hands down in my opinion. Its a very nice reel and only 6.5 ounces too.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11313343 12/31/15 04:14 AM
P
pinesaddict Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
I have them all. The white chronarc was my favorite. I would look at a Lews super duty. Fantastic reel. I know of several that take a beating and not much care if any with no problems.

Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: pinesaddict] #11313754 12/31/15 02:32 PM
C
catslayer Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: pinesaddict
I have them all. The white chronarc was my favorite. I would look at a Lews super duty. Fantastic reel. I know of several that take a beating and not much care if any with no problems.

I've looked at it... I had a lews that the bearings went out on in less than 18 months, and I don't fish that much, MAYBE twice a month when its warm... almost none in the winter.

I just am not sure I'm ready to buy another of the same that just had to go to the shop...

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11314311 12/31/15 05:54 PM
B
BigCaseyB206 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
If you're a fan of the Curado D reels, see if you can find the Chronarch D. Same frame size as the Core, but not as lightweight - and to me, that just makes them feel like they have a more solid build.

Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11315469 01/01/16 03:00 AM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
I think he's confusing the e series with another one.

Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11316055 01/01/16 04:19 PM
R
Ryan Somerville Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Curado I or the Chronarch CI4 are awesome reels wish I never sold any of my shimanos. I have the revo rocket and its good as well. Go with either the curado or chronarch if the 90 extra bucks isn't a option then go with the chronarch!.

Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11316064 01/01/16 04:25 PM
S
Slade Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Call me crazy but I have a lot of reels in the $200-250 range and it's hard to tell the difference, Shimano, Lews Abu, Daiwa, I have some of them all and like them all. The main reason I have so many different makes is because If I need a reel I look for a deal. And most of mine have been bought on sale or slightly used.

My point is that everyone has opinions and favorites, but if you get a quality reel, regardless of the brand it will be a good reel.

Last edited by Slade; 01/01/16 04:26 PM.

PB 10.58 Joe Pool

Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11316610 01/01/16 09:57 PM
96speed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Originally Posted By: 96speed
I can't imagine anyone who thought the E Series reels were garbage.

I can't understand anyone liking them... but w/e

now how about you actually add to the post? Like maybe with some experience on any of the reels I asked about

You said the E series reels sucked and then later post you've never owned one (After the D series). You're either writing them off from hearsay or from touching a demo in a store. Either way, you don't seem to have personal experience with them...or need a hand on casting techniques? The G series def sucked donkey balls--I'll give you that. The I series Curado is a down grade from the E. The Ci4 Chronarh is very smooth, but its not as beefy as the I or E series Curado. I have 2, but I don't know they are worth the 270/ea tag. I don't have any personal casting experience with the newer Abu stuff so I won't comment.

The last bit I can contribute to your post is to identify the difference between peak and pique.

Female drivers = No survivors
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11316822 01/01/16 11:37 PM
T
turtdogg Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
The chronarch ci4 is an awesome reel,especially for weightless senkos and light texas rigs. Never fished with a rocket, but alot of guys have had problems with the gen3 revos not wanting to reengage after a cast, including one of my fishing buddies. The curado I series are built like tanks and shine with pretty much ANY technique, I have 2 of these and love them. The xship on the curados, which is an added bearing to the pinion gear, helps out alot on crankbaits and chatterbaits, high resistance baits. By the way, if u have any e series curados u want to get rid of, I will gladly swap an I series curado for them as long as it's in good shape. Just my .02......

Don't leave a fish to find a fish!!! Mark Zona
For the love of god man, set the hook!!! Me
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: 96speed] #11317753 01/02/16 02:22 PM
C
catslayer Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: rxkid2001

no I'm not... I know exactly which ones they are... I can promise you I've done more research on the differences than 99% of the population

You said the E series reels sucked and then later post you've never owned one (After the D series). You're either writing them off from hearsay or from touching a demo in a store. Either way, you don't seem to have personal experience with them...or need a hand on casting techniques? The G series def sucked donkey balls--I'll give you that. The I series Curado is a down grade from the E. The Ci4 Chronarh is very smooth, but its not as beefy as the I or E series Curado. I have 2, but I don't know they are worth the 270/ea tag. I don't have any personal casting experience with the newer Abu stuff so I won't comment.

The last bit I can contribute to your post is to identify the difference between peak and pique.
[/quote]

your the one piqued by the fact that I'm talking bad about your favorite reels lol... I don't like them, I think they suck. I'm just interested in the experiences on CURRENT reels

Hot stuff you don't have to buy one to play with it. Also I have several buddies with them that I have used. They don't fit my hand even CLOSE to right, the Gear box placement is weird.(It like almost pinches my big fat fingers on the reel side) they don't cast as far and the internals are a downgrade from the D-Series. The E's don't feel as solid (cause they aren't). the only good I could say is they are lighter, something that is almost a non-issue for me. If it is really important to you then I bet you love them.

If I had one I'd gladly sell it too you for cheap, but I never spent the money cause I didn't like anything about them. I think the I's are better than the E's. they feel MUCH better to me (I think it has something to do with the way it fits my hand, cant pin it down). Now maybe you have got over the shock that I don't like the E's...

Really starting to look at that elite 8... academy has on clearance... DANG IT MY PRICE TAG KEEPS GOING UP lol

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11317797 01/02/16 02:52 PM
J
jnogreen Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Bought a Ci4 love it throwin a weightless fluke is like wow 1/4 mile or so. Loved my D7 put it back in the box waiting on another good rod bought the E7 its like [censored] compared to the D7, but Ci4 will get another b4 they change again.

Fishing is....
Re: Chronarch CI4+, Rocket, Curado.... [Re: catslayer] #11319489 01/03/16 05:00 AM
R
rxkid2001 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Originally Posted By: catslayer
Originally Posted By: rxkid2001

no I'm not... I know exactly which ones they are... I can promise you I've done more research on the differences than 99% of the population

your the one piqued by the fact that I'm talking bad about your favorite reels lol... I don't like them, I think they suck. I'm just interested in the experiences on CURRENT reels

Hot stuff you don't have to buy one to play with it. Also I have several buddies with them that I have used. They don't fit my hand even CLOSE to right, the Gear box placement is weird.(It like almost pinches my big fat fingers on the reel side) they don't cast as far and the internals are a downgrade from the D-Series. The E's don't feel as solid (cause they aren't). the only good I could say is they are lighter, something that is almost a non-issue for me. If it is really important to you then I bet you love them.

If I had one I'd gladly sell it too you for cheap, but I never spent the money cause I didn't like anything about them. I think the I's are better than the E's. they feel MUCH better to me (I think it has something to do with the way it fits my hand, cant pin it down). Now maybe you have got over the shock that I don't like the E's...

Really starting to look at that elite 8... academy has on clearance... DANG IT MY PRICE TAG KEEPS GOING UP lol [/quote]

WTH??

"Left shimano after they came out with the previous curado series. Got one of the new ones and I'll be getting more." And the post you referenced before is all I said. You thinking of someone else's post?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide