Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11323494 01/05/16 03:38 AM
R
RodBreaker CWill Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
roflmao That's why I leave my wife at home this time of year. I'm gunna go out a couple times in the middle of this week. Gotta love shift work. cheers

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11326943 01/06/16 08:07 PM
H
H-TownCrappieMan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
You know that saying about Peace in the daytime . . night time etc. Please make mamma happy!!!

"Follow me and I will make thee a fisher of men!" Bust open my nets LORD!!! because, I am a wishing I was a fishing!!
Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11336865 01/10/16 11:17 PM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Went out Saturday morning once the fog lifted a bit and headed across to the national forest side. Only caught one but she was a personal best for me on Conroe. Just shy of 5-lbs. caught her on a 6-inch Zoom speed worm, watermelon red. I'd post a photo but I can't quite figure out the procedure. I was a C- math student.

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11337804 01/11/16 01:15 PM
M
Mr. Incredible Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
I've been pondering going out but my last trip (cold and wet) is still too fresh in my mind. And this week I'm off but each day has something I must do smack in the middle of the day so my days are pretty much shot. If I can swing it tomorrow will be my only opportunity for the next couple of weeks. My MTB should show up this week (Christmas gift from my wife) so I will have some new toys to play with. If my fingers aren't too cold to tie a knot. I've just got to get past the mental side of the cold weather. I'm ready for the spring thaw and spawn!

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11340404 01/12/16 04:59 AM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'm going to put the boat in the shop for yearly maintainence and installation of my new depth finder so I'll wait to read how y'all do.

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11341900 01/12/16 11:12 PM
M
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
Went out today - nice day for a boat ride. Caught a few small ones on various lures & worms. Just never "got comfortable" with anything I was throwing.
Had a late start and didn't get on the water til after nine the was pulling out a bit before three. Fished the north end and really just enjoyed the beautiful day and the weather was perfect. After a while my shoulder started acting up so I ran down to the south end to look around then brought it home. Lake looks pretty good and it seems that although it's still a bit high the lake level has settled out.

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11347219 01/15/16 05:39 AM
R
RodBreaker CWill Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
I'm gunna go out tomorrow and probably Saturday. I sure wish I knew the safe passage to get up to the northern parts of the lake. Didn't somebody post a map with a trail on it a few months back to show the safe route?

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: RodBreaker CWill] #11348037 01/15/16 05:09 PM
Phoenix_Ed Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: RodBreaker
I'm gunna go out tomorrow and probably Saturday. I sure wish I knew the safe passage to get up to the northern parts of the lake. Didn't somebody post a map with a trail on it a few months back to show the safe route?

Here's the link.

http://www.lakeconroe.com/hazard-map/

Wishin I was fishin!! ..............>(((//*>
2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 4 Stroke - Ultrex
Her name is Novia Número Cinco.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega DI - Helix 12 Mega SI - Mega 360
PB Largemouth - 9.51 - Toledo Bend - March 2014
Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11349412 01/16/16 03:40 AM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'm going to tell a story on myself as penance for laughing at others who have become one the boat ramp follies.

Today I decided it was time to get the boat onto the trailer and take it over for yearly maintainance and installation of my new Lowrance. But my backseater was a no-show and I had to do it myself. Okay, no big deal. Done it a hundred times. So first I had to take the trailer over to the launch then walk back and get the boat out of the slip for the short drive over to the launch. Simple enough...he said.

By the time I arrived back at the launch, there was one other boat being pulled out so I tied off and helped him. The wind was up and his wife was busy on her phone so I lent a hand. I had asked him to help me and he agreed until his wife complained that she needed to go p-p really bad. So I was on my own.

I back the trailer down and went over to start the boat when I realized I hadn't tied off very well and the boat was slipped away from the dock. Fortunately the wind blew it back towards me and I hopped in, cranked it up and headed to the trailer. I noticed three people had showed up to fish from the other dock and I tried to keep my movements down to a minimum. But I missed my first try by a foot and nearly overran the trailer. Dumb mistake. So I went around for another shot and just as I eased up close the wind came up and blew me off the line. Attempt #3 was just as bad and I probably cussed a bit. The fishermen were trying hard not to giggle and I appreciated that.

Attempt #4 was so close...so close that I thought I was on the money but I was off by a foot again. Backing carefully and probably cussing some more, I turned for attempt #5. Somehow I missed again and this time the guys were laughing out loud. Attempt #6 was as smooth as can be and I jumped up to hook it up to the trailer. Now the guys are saying things like "turn off the motor" "Lift the engine first" "take the parking brake off" and other unhelpful jabs. But, heck, I had to laugh at myself and they were being good natured about it so I pulled the boat out with a wave and a shake of my head.

Boy howdy, I'm never gonna laugh (out loud) at anybody else when they are going thru boat launch follies.

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: RHP] #11349485 01/16/16 04:14 AM
L
Lil joe Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Originally Posted By: RHP
I'm going to tell a story on myself as penance for laughing at others who have become one the boat ramp follies.

Today I decided it was time to get the boat onto the trailer and take it over for yearly maintainance and installation of my new Lowrance. But my backseater was a no-show and I had to do it myself. Okay, no big deal. Done it a hundred times. So first I had to take the trailer over to the launch then walk back and get the boat out of the slip for the short drive over to the launch. Simple enough...he said.

By the time I arrived back at the launch, there was one other boat being pulled out so I tied off and helped him. The wind was up and his wife was busy on her phone so I lent a hand. I had asked him to help me and he agreed until his wife complained that she needed to go p-p really bad. So I was on my own.

I back the trailer down and went over to start the boat when I realized I hadn't tied off very well and the boat was slipped away from the dock. Fortunately the wind blew it back towards me and I hopped in, cranked it up and headed to the trailer. I noticed three people had showed up to fish from the other dock and I tried to keep my movements down to a minimum. But I missed my first try by a foot and nearly overran the trailer. Dumb mistake. So I went around for another shot and just as I eased up close the wind came up and blew me off the line. Attempt #3 was just as bad and I probably cussed a bit. The fishermen were trying hard not to giggle and I appreciated that.

Attempt #4 was so close...so close that I thought I was on the money but I was off by a foot again. Backing carefully and probably cussing some more, I turned for attempt #5. Somehow I missed again and this time the guys were laughing out loud. Attempt #6 was as smooth as can be and I jumped up to hook it up to the trailer. Now the guys are saying things like "turn off the motor" "Lift the engine first" "take the parking brake off" and other unhelpful jabs. But, heck, I had to laugh at myself and they were being good natured about it so I pulled the boat out with a wave and a shake of my head.

Boy howdy, I'm never gonna laugh (out loud) at anybody else when they are going thru boat launch follies.

I gladly would have taken that over what happened when I tried to go fishin this evening. I tried to back my boat off the trailer and it wouldnt go into gear. I think my lower unit has gone out on me frown

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11399895 02/08/16 02:01 PM
M
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
M
It's so nice and sunny I'm really wanting to go out and snag some fishing time. But....the wind is forecast to pick up to dangerous speeds today so I'll just have to wait.

What was the name of that tackle shop around Conroe? Can't remember but I want to go and check out their used reels and see the place. Was it called Grampa's or Ol' Joe's or something like that?

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11401794 02/09/16 02:44 AM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Dad's Ole Tackle
16245 FM 1484
Conroe.
936-264-4167

Re: Conroe tomorrow? [Re: Mr. Incredible] #11402629 02/09/16 03:19 PM
M