Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244401 11/25/15 06:53 PM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Only good thing I heard in all this is swapping to FSSW....

We'll see what lakes yall pick (I trust Bill)I worry most about wanting to go to "popular" lakes, we like to know of the hidden Gems. Every move the new management has made has moved it further away from what it was. Not saying all they have done is bad, HD-> AWESOME, YOUTUBE--> More shows should do this, it is such a good move... but they are moving away from what it was in a lot of ways. When you move away from something great, it gets worse more often than it gets better.

Heavy Sack, I would have donated in a heart beat... Get early access to shows, maybe get a vote on which lake that makes it on that means a little more than random email into the show...

Will length of show be any longer??? I know that's airtime you buy so probably not but maybe on youtube you could have extended versions since we will be having half as many shows.

To the new management and their "defenders"... Your going to deal with us as a public who grew up with this show/magazine. You should be GREATFULL to the diehards because they are the ones that make up an audience for you.. Bought a show WITH A FOLLOWING... You didn't start from scratch, that is worth a LOT. So sorry if I have no sympathy for you when it comes to guys not liking you messing with a cultural icon in this part of the world. Remember that keeping your VIEWERS happy is what makes ratings. That said I DO appreciate the transparency even if I don't agree with the decisions.

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: catslayer] #11244436 11/25/15 07:04 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: catslayer

To the new management and their "defenders"... Your going to deal with us as a public who grew up with this show/magazine. You should be GREATFULL to the diehards because they are the ones that make up an audience for you.. Bought a show WITH A FOLLOWING... You didn't start from scratch, that is worth a LOT. So sorry if I have no sympathy for you when it comes to guys not liking you messing with a cultural icon in this part of the world. Remember that keeping your VIEWERS happy is what makes ratings. That said I DO appreciate the transparency even if I don't agree with the decisions.

Who said we weren't grateful? Don't recall anyone in our group being quoted saying that we weren't... and just to note we aren't "messing with a cultural icon," we are managing a business and we will continue to do so.

Thanks all for the feedback regardless.

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244510 11/25/15 07:26 PM
T
TDR2 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Good luck with the changes. This will still be the only fishing show I watch.

P1
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244520 11/25/15 07:30 PM
C
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

Who said we weren't grateful? Don't recall anyone in our group being quoted saying that we weren't... and just to note we aren't "messing with a cultural icon," we are managing a business and we will continue to do so.

your snarky comments and defensive attitude instead of being a welcoming Host to the people who care about something you bought. You come across poorly... Everything I have ever read of yours your are getting defensive and riding the edge of rude any time somebody disagrees.
You don't make ANYONE feel welcome... thank god Bill does in your shows cause if it were you and you came across the same way nobody would watch...

Honey hole makes you feel like a big family, all from the same area, all good guys, every time I've read your writing here you undermine that. Remember it cost nothing to listen to advice and politely accept it as something to think about even if you actually ignore it. Perception is reality, if you have a TV show you should know that more than most. you need to re-evaluate your personal PR aproach

... PS a lack of quotes saying you weren't grateful... yeah that's something to be proud off.

You ARE messing with a cultural icon around here... Bottom line why even argue that? it actually makes your show sound better. You are messing with it, it might be good... who knows... I am "cautiously hopeful."

"I'll never mess with bee's or wasp anymore, and I'll never gig another beaver..." Words from a man who learned things the hard way
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244521 11/25/15 07:33 PM
krawlin 47 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Love your show...keep up the awesome work.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are probably right.
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: catslayer] #11244550 11/25/15 07:49 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler

your snarky comments and defensive attitude instead of being a welcoming Host to the people who care about something you bought. You come across poorly... Everything I have ever read of yours your are getting defensive and riding the edge of rude any time somebody disagrees.
You don't make ANYONE feel welcome... thank god Bill does in your shows cause if it were you and you came across the same way nobody would watch...

Honey hole makes you feel like a big family, all from the same area, all good guys, every time I've read your writing here you undermine that. Remember it cost nothing to listen to advice and politely accept it as something to think about even if you actually ignore it. Perception is reality, if you have a TV show you should know that more than most. you need to re-evaluate your personal PR aproach

... PS a lack of quotes saying you weren't grateful... yeah that's something to be proud off.

You ARE messing with a cultural icon around here... Bottom line why even argue that? it actually makes your show sound better. You are messing with it, it might be good... who knows... I am "cautiously hopeful."

Let's just say we disagree with each other. I think if anything we've proven ourselves to be accessible and transparent with the changes. This isn't a battle and it's not a debate. I'm simply updating on the changes and answering the questions as I have always done. You as a viewer always have a choice to change the channel or watch something else.

We will continue to focus on the improvements that need to be made and focusing on our overall strategy. That strategy may not be poplar to everyone and we get that. Like I said at the beginning change is hard for some. I realize that it's easy to come on here, take shots at me and armchair quarterback this deal and that you and others may not like my responses but that comes with the job. I can handle it.

The good news is that come Jan 1 we will be back on FOX and Bill/Dirk will continue working to bring you a great product and teach you something about bass fishing, just not 52 weeks worth.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244611 11/25/15 08:21 PM
G
GRUMPS Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
G
Thanks for the update - great show - never miss it!

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244638 11/25/15 08:29 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Catslayer, feel free to PM Mark Jones for his address and pony up.

First donator is on the board fellas! Who else wants in?

I suggest for $1000 donation you can even Co-host a show!

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.â€
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244645 11/25/15 08:32 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
It'll all be good. I'll continue to watch whenever it's on.

Any chance of the Lone Star Series starting back up? cheers

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: John175☮] #11244666 11/25/15 08:41 PM
Mark Jones Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: John175 ®

Maybe. Would you like my PayPal? grin

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)] #11244725 11/25/15 09:16 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)
Catslayer, feel free to PM Mark Jones for his address and pony up.

First donator is on the board fellas! Who else wants in?

I suggest for $1000 donation you can even Co-host a show!

Your posts never cease to amaze me.

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11244739 11/25/15 09:29 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted By: John175 ®

Maybe. Would you like my PayPal? grin
Well I figure with Kernando being a professional pro I have a chance, slim chance but a better chance. Paypal sent. roflmao

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11245007 11/26/15 12:22 AM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I applaud the changes. I believe Mark and company are working hard to help bring a great product. I do think that viewing the shows a few weeks before they air will be successful. As mention before, after a show airs, that particular lake is packed and people are fishing the exact spot's that Bill and Dirk filmed.

I am one of those who appreciates the hard work put in to bringing a quality show. Keep up the great work.

A rolling stone gathers no moss !!!!

Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11245028 11/26/15 12:37 AM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
I'm proud that Moritz Chevrolet is a partner of the show we look forward to each episode and can't wait to see what the new year brings keep up the great work!!!

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Honey Hole changes for 16 [Re: Mark Jones] #11245053 11/26/15 12:48 AM
T
T54 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
I'll chime in and say that I rarely watched the show before Mark and his crew took it over because the production quality was not very good. I watch almost every show on Youtube now. I can't even imagine how much of a grind it is to produce 52 shows. If 26 makes financial and operational sense and improves show quality, then it is a no brainer. Talking heads will talk, ultimately the show is a cool concept and I will watch as long as there is good content with good production value.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide