On the lakes I have won on I always had 3 spots for each of these levels of the lake. It takes a lot of fishing to find them for tournaments; but never fish them on practice day.
- 3 top water holes
- 3 second drops in 8 to 15 ft.
- 3 deep water spots in 25 to 30 ft.

During practice I was always looking for new spots that were better than my best 9 spots. For example it takes 7 mornings straight just to find one good top water spot that will produce quality fish. I would always try to fish 3 new spots each morning during that hour and a half of first light. For me the same would hold true for the other two levels also. Three spots each day for 7 days just to find one good spot.

I would have 3 creek areas on the lake (North, Mid lake and South end) so I could run in there and fish my Orange Spinner Bait during stormy weather. This would be a small point near the back of the creek that was loaded with hardwood and or grass. Big bass like to group up on these kind of spots during bad weather and the worse the better. So on practice I would always be on the look out for a new one.

Last edited by Donald Harper; 10/21/15 12:59 AM.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic