Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,451
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: Mark Ray] #11167839 10/16/15 03:20 AM
P
pelican Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Mark Ray
When somebody gets to close while I am fishing I close up the gap some and start asking if I can borrow stuff and asking personal awkward questions. You wouldn't believe how fast people will clear out when they think they are dealing with a mentally unstable person...

roflmao

I've never been good, But I've been Lucky!
I don't Lie or Exaggerate, but sometimes I remember BIG!
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: Mark Ray] #11167840 10/16/15 03:21 AM
O
Omnipotent Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
LOL I am so going to try this if the situation ever comes up. Rock on Mark.

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11168023 10/16/15 12:20 PM
B
BODA Offline
Angler
Angler
B
yeah, make it weird, not hostile.....for sure...that is the funniest thing I will read all day

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11168279 10/16/15 02:37 PM
reelfisherman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I agree with bass fisherman becoming complete a$$es on the water. They pay some money for a tournament entry and they think they have a pass to do whatever they want. The main reason I quit tourney fishing. However I have to agree somewhat with K5RCD in that paddling out to my boat to attempt an a$$ kicking will get you shot. I'm too old to take one and too young to die. If you approach me with hostile intentions you will not walk, or paddle, away.
Yell at them, call them a holes or whatever makes you feel better but don't get into an altercation, especially with your kids around.
I can tell you from experience it is embarrassing for both parties when the kids get to see the fight.

I don't have all the answers, but I'm a quick learner!
http://aluminumboatdocks.com/
Southwestdocks@gmail.com
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11176494 10/21/15 02:38 PM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Was fishing with a good friend and his old man out of their bass boat. We were casting towards the banks from a good way out for LMB n doing pretty well. About half way through that area, 2 yahoos motored up close behind us n threw us a good wake. They dropped their troll motor & start casting where we had already fished. When they saw the bass us 3 were pulling out, they decide to big motor around us. mad this killed the bite. I was ticked but could only laugh at their knuckleheadery when i saw how close they were to the bank. Once we got to the spots they had fished in front of us, my friends Dad hooked a big one. After we netted It, he held It high and yelled to those guys. "Looks like yall missed one!!!" thumb

Them two yahoos couldn't even look at each other. Less than 5 min they were gone and we didnt see em again. It aint just "motorboat bass guys" just knuckheads n knuckleheads only think of themselves. Some r so good at it that I swear they must b doin It all the time hammer

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11176858 10/21/15 05:29 PM
Robbie Milam Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
^^^Well said, happens more than I'd like to admit. I even had it happen to me in a kayak tournament from another competitor.

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11176976 10/21/15 06:29 PM
T
TheSinistral Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I have been known to have a nasty temper. I used to be eager to violently overreact to slights (real or perceived) but as I have gotten older I have tried to think of all the possible outcomes of a confrontation. Most are sad, expensive or nightmarish. Usually, now I will just move on and try to think of something else.... or think of how lucky I am to not be the *rick, for once. The joy of kayak fishing usually helps me 'snap out of it' in short order. Fishing days are too precious to let a jerk (including me) ruin it for me.

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11177343 10/21/15 08:53 PM
B
BankAngler50 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
It seems like we never left high school... when I first read this thread I thought great was thinking about getting a kayak so I could get away from inconsiderate boaters... then as I read through some more I see different ways people deal with the same YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID problem. This is actually a great thread really appreciate y'all keeping your cool head and share your experience with every one. Especially TheSinistrals comment is really making me think y'all are very cool and intelligent group of guys and gals. Thanks gentlemen enjoy the reading and this old dog actually learn a new tricks or two, lol. thumb

Why do I go fishing? To catch a box of fish and/or some quality time under the sun. Thank Heaven I never fail fishing in Texas, catching box fish or plenty of sunburn.
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11177386 10/21/15 09:13 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
I do find that I'm disrespected a lot by boaters but this goes beyond boats and what they are fishing for. Fishing down at the coast this weekend and a guy in a kayak paddled up from my left. I thought he was going to pass me but nope. He stopped 20 yards down wind from my drift and put out his drift sock. COME ON MAN!!!! The gulf is almost 618,000 square miles and you stop right in front of my drift!

The common problem here is knucklehead. I like that term because what I would use to describe them would get censored out.

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11177697 10/21/15 11:27 PM
L
LSM Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I kayak fish a small lake (catch & release and less than 300 acres) that is well populated with quality LMB. Motorized boats are allowed, but at idle speed only - no wake. It's almost amusing, but mostly blood boiling, to watch how they push the limits. At times, it would be better if they were on a full plane instead of pushing a huge wake with half their boat out of the water. The large majority of all boats do it. There are several $50,000 rigs there on a regular basis, with a well-known reservoir just minutes away. Not only can they not follow the no-wake rule, there are plenty of dipsticks that do the same stuff that has already been mentioned in this thread. No one seems to care enough to enforce the standing no-wake rule. It doesn't take but 2 or 3 of these jokers running around, burning up the shoreline to scatter the fish. It's like they have no clue about what a unique body of water they are fishing. I notice a HUGE difference in the amount of fish I catch when there are no power boats around. I really envy the kayakers that can fish Ladybird and other non-motorized waters.

Last edited by LSM; 10/22/15 12:17 AM.
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11178085 10/22/15 02:34 AM
C
Cudadude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Look what you started Christian!!! roflmao

Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11184178 10/25/15 03:08 AM
S
SuperSpookJr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Ladybird is hardly a utopia for kayak fisherman. Rowers can and will make your life miserable, and when the weather warms up, the recreational SUP's, canoers, and kayakers make certain areas (the best ones) unfishable. Urban lakes are urban lakes. Nobody owns the water and we have to try our best to share the resource. That said, if someone is boating or fishing dangerously or without regard for others, say something. It doesn't have to be provocative, but get your point across that their conduct isn't appreciated.

-SSJr

Last edited by SuperSpookJr; 10/25/15 03:09 AM.
Re: whats up with motor boat bass guys [Re: christian myrick] #11184780 10/25/15 05:06 PM
P
pyledriver Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Wolf Island=Ray Roberts..nuff said! I've never been around more ahole fishermen in my life. I quit going to that lake over ten years ago after my buddy got into a yelling match with some tournament jockey who thought his money gave him the right of way. It's amazing to me that we haven't read of a shooting on the water at that lake!

Get the TX numbers and report them for harassment.

'Today is the day!' - Mel Fisher
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide