L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
you need this switch
http://www.humminbird.com/Products/TS3/

and this transducer XNT9DIT .

You will then have the best of both worlds.. The best side imaging and very good down imaging
without having to buy another unit. thumb

Last edited by leanin post; 10/10/15 09:50 PM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11156701 10/11/15 02:32 AM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
You don't need a switch with lowrance.

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11156705 10/11/15 02:33 AM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
You can use any transducer you want, but if you buy any unit that ends in the number 99 you DO NOT have a dedicated down imaging crystal. It is a computer "estimation" of what the down image should look like that is generated by combining two side images. Regardless of what switch box, or a eleventy transducers you put there, there is still only one crystal inside that unit and it is a dedicated SIDE IMAGING CRYSTAL.

All units that end in the model number 59 have a dedicated down imaging crystal, and the onyx units have 2 BOTH side and down . Sure an 1199 will go into down imaging mode, and sure you can use it with a box and a compatible down imaging transducer, but it will be the same computer generated estimation approximated from a side imaging crystal. It's just how humminbird does it. It's ok. It's just not as good if you care about detail. An 1159 will have a much better down view than an 1199 because that is what it does.

I have done a whole lot of research about it. Sorry leaning post, I hate to tell people that they are wrong but you are steering this fellow in the wrong direction. For sure, for sure.

If you don't believe me, Google "humminbird down imaging crystal" and just read. Then, if you don't believe what you are reading, call and ask Slade Dougherty, he is a humminbird rep, then if you don't believe him, call humminbird, they'll tell you the same thing I've told you here. Of course they would like to sell you extra switchboxes and extra transducers! But none of that is necessary if you get the right unit.

Last edited by Bigskippy; 10/11/15 03:17 AM.

Glen Roberts

"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11156884 10/11/15 04:20 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I think you need to take another class.

"""Sure an 1199 will go into down imaging mode, and sure you can use it with a box and a compatible down imaging transducer, but it will be the same computer generated estimation approximated from a side imaging crystal.''''

How can the processor inside the head unit, get a reading from the side image crystal INSIDE THE SIDE IMAGE TRANSDUCER, when it is not even getting a signal from it???? Once the switch shifts power to the dedicated DI transducer all readings come thru that transducer. That transducer operates at different frequencies which enhances the down imaging.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11156887 10/11/15 04:23 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
[b][/b]THE "CRYSTAL that is sending the ping out is in the transducer, not the head unit..
I think your confusion is the LCD screen. Totally different than the transducer crystals and nothing to do with the processor on the circuit board.

this information comes directly off of the humminbird website.. I dont how how it could be any clearer??

Can I use the Down Imaging transducer with my Side Imaging Unit?

[[If you own one of our high definition side imaging products you can use a down imaging transducer with it to IMPROVE your down imaging readings. High definition side imaging products are only available in our 800 / 900 / 1100 / ONIX Series of products.}}}

Do you think the engineers at humminbird are just saying the DI will improve to sell switches and transducers for thier side imaging products?

Last edited by leanin post; 10/11/15 04:38 AM.

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: leanin post] #11156949 10/11/15 10:18 AM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I understand that you don't understand. It's ok. But before you reply one more time and looks silly, again, do this:

If you don't believe me, Google "humminbird down imaging crystal" and just read. Then, if you don't believe what you are reading, call and ask Slade Dougherty, he is a humminbird rep, then if you don't believe him, call humminbird, they'll tell you the same thing I've told you here. Of course they would like to sell you extra switchboxes and extra transducers! But none of that is necessary if you get the right unit.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lowrance-down-scan-vs-humminbird-down-imaging-debated
http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-207251.html
http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/262020-question-regarding-downscan-997c-si.html
http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/465129-down-imaging-settings.html

Keep reading until the cows come home, then call a humminbird rep, then call humminbird themselves. I AM TELLING YOU THIS FOR A FACT.

Glen Roberts

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11156983 10/11/15 11:46 AM
Txmedic033 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Y'all people are just gonna steer everyone over to the simply easier team Lowrance. roflmao

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Bigskippy] #11157225 10/11/15 03:38 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: Bigskippy
I understand that you don't understand. It's ok. But before you reply one more time and looks silly, again, do this:

http://www.examiner.com/article/lowrance-down-scan-vs-humminbird-down-imaging-debated
http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-207251.html
http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/262020-question-regarding-downscan-997c-si.html
http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/465129-down-imaging-settings.html

Keep reading until the cows come home, then call a humminbird rep, then call humminbird themselves. I AM TELLING YOU THIS FOR A FACT.

Sir I dont know how far down I have to hang the fruit for you to be able to reach it.. I damned sure tried though..
For your information I am the one who suggested the DI transducer be used to Humminbird REPS who then contacted the engineers in Georgia. A month later the info was posted to thier site, coincidence ?? maybe.
I believe that you believe what you are saying but you are putting out erroneous information.. THE CRYSTALS ARE IN THE TRANSDUCERS.. Is that not a concept you can understand ?

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11157232 10/11/15 03:44 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
You PMed me and said SLADE told you this information ,, why hasnt he come to this thread and said anything? I doubt he told you wrong information, I suspect the glue just wouldnt stick to the jello.
Being you are using his name as reference to your statements and as source of your accumulative base of questionable knowledge dont you think you should confer with him before using him as a reference? You are clearly saying he told you the information you are spewing, and if he indeed told you this, he should back you up .
Sir im not trying to get into a keyboard ninja contest, I just want you to know the correct information and stop putting out false information..

Last edited by leanin post; 10/11/15 04:06 PM.

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11157282 10/11/15 04:27 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
this is in the reference material you yourself linked...

oug Vahrenberg

#7 03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
You can add a DI Transducer to a SI Unit and Switch if you want dedicated DI Data.[u][/u] No matter if it's a composite DI or Dedicated DI the data is below the boat and no way to tell which direction from the transducer the data comes from except down. No way to tell left or right.

Here's some shorter trees for you and smaller data from composite DI

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11157319 10/11/15 05:02 PM
D
dw173 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Pm'd ya leanin post

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11157493 10/11/15 07:52 PM
B
Bigskippy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Listen bud, I only replied to your pm. And he did tell me that along with Doug Yates from bass pro who is pro staff for Humminbird and a bunch of other stuff that I have read, and a few that were just mentioned above. You ignore all that. You don't want to read it? Did you read any of it?

I never meant to get into a verbal contest with you bud, I just think you're not giving the correct information.

Last edited by Bigskippy; 10/11/15 08:29 PM.

Glen Roberts

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11158496 10/12/15 03:13 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
we can agree to disagree, I can understand why you believed that the only way to get good down imaging is by using a dedicated down image unit. You obviously didnt know that the transducer used on the DI units can also be used on the SI units. MOST people out there dont know this, and most of the humminbird reps didnt know and may still not know. I had to reference the info on thier own website to a humminbird rep, and even he was surprized.
It is just not widely publicized information.
If the folks you reffered to told you what you claim they did then it is HIGHLY LIKELY that they werent aware either.
I dont think humminbird was chewing on the bit to get the info out abt it, as thier DI units had just got going. I think someone tried it and the cat got out of the bag.,..

Last edited by leanin post; 10/12/15 03:16 AM.

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11158814 10/12/15 01:33 PM
G
GhostRider32 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Ok, back to the topic, I have a Lowrance HDS 7 gen 3 and love it. Here is what you will get with the HDS gen 3 of any screen size.

Re: Fish Finder Low VS Hum [Re: Ruffneck2000] #11158838 10/12/15 01:44 PM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Thanks guys I going to go with the Low, all input was great, so again thanks I got a few invite to see how both units work so I will be fine.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide