Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128439 09/26/15 05:16 AM
texasfisherman1 Offline
Angler
Angler
If you have been fishing somewhere for several months without catching a bass, it might be the location you are fishing, haha. Anyways, I got into to bass fishing several years ago, I was probably 11 or 12. I did not really know anyone that could teach me and I haven't been on very many guide trips(although since then, I have gained a mentor who used to be a lake fork guide). Luckily, a wealth of fishing information resides on the internet. I pretty much learned everything I know from youtube vidoes, articles, and this forum. If you have the option, you should still fish with someone with knowledge. But, start scouting the internet for fishing information. I am sure you will learn a lot.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128446 09/26/15 06:19 AM
T
txfsh Offline
Angler
Angler
T
PM sent

You never want a drink of water till the well runs dry
Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128477 09/26/15 08:53 AM
Stephen Fatherree Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Bovine
So, Recently I've come to the sad conclusion that I suck at fishing. I'm not sure why because I used to be able to catch a fish in an empty 5 gallon bucket at home depot, (that never went well with security) All jokes aside, I'm looking for someone who can take me out and re-show me the ropes I guess? Maybe I missed something, but for the past few months I have gone out almost every day and have not caught anything! Today was the first time i even got a few bites, but it wasnt even bass and I didnt even catch them. I'm 18 trying to get into college currently unemployed but may soon have a job working mon-fri 8am-3pm. Until them I'm free whenever, and I dont care about weather conditions. Im very respectful, I only drink water and the taste of a cig disgusts me, But I dont mind if other people do it, I grew up with an entire family smoking and I dont even smell it anymore. I have a good amount of tackle, a few boxes of plastics, couple frogs, couple crank baits, rods, reels, etc. I can help pay for gas sometimes, and I also have my own vehicle. I have a boat but it is not exactly "fishable" and is really old (1989), but I do have a boating license (everyone under 25? is required to have one now) Anyways, Long story short, I've taught myself mostly everything I know because my dad was not around when I was younger, and am looking for someone who knows fishing. No I dont want to hire a guide. I kinda want to learn what to use in certain situations and how to use it, what colors in water clarity etc. I've watched plenty of youtube videos but its not the same as in person. So if you're someone who wants to help a young guy out, message me or something. grin

Edit: Adding a few things, I've never used a drop shot, a shaky head, a football jig, a swimbait (besides a trigged fluke), and lots of other stuff.
Also would like to learn some bank fishing techniques.

Try to soak up all of the fishing information you can via books, magazines, and instructional fishing shows such as Bassmaster. I also recommend that you try to learn and focus on mastering one technique at a time. Keep your tackle selection and lure colors simple for the best results. I personally learned a good amount from the audio CD "Blueprint on Professional Bass Fishing" from Mike Iaconelli, http://www.mikeiaconelli.com/shop.php?id=23

I'm not sure if you have seen any of my instructional YouTube Bass Fishing Videos but I try to teach in detail just as I would with a paying guide customer in my boat. Remember that there is no substitute for time spent on the water, as you will learn something new each and every time you go fishing. Good luck sir!

My YouTube Channel is @ FatherreeFishing

www.youtube.com/fatherreefishing

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128545 09/26/15 11:47 AM
B-rader Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
If you ever want to come up to Roberts il take you out , send me a pm

A-RIGS , MAKING BAD FISHERMAN LOOK GOOD SINCE 2010
Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128559 09/26/15 11:57 AM
R
RangerBass21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I'll be out Sunday, Roberts, I might scare ya alittle running through the trees, but youre safe

bannana2
Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11128575 09/26/15 12:36 PM
B
Bovine Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
B
Holy smokes all the replies and messages that I've gotten! Thank everyone!!! Truly shows that this community is awesome.

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Stephen Fatherree] #11129618 09/27/15 12:34 AM
F
Fork-LegendV21 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Stephen Fatherree
Originally Posted By: Bovine
So, Recently I've come to the sad conclusion that I suck at fishing. I'm not sure why because I used to be able to catch a fish in an empty 5 gallon bucket at home depot, (that never went well with security) All jokes aside, I'm looking for someone who can take me out and re-show me the ropes I guess? Maybe I missed something, but for the past few months I have gone out almost every day and have not caught anything! Today was the first time i even got a few bites, but it wasnt even bass and I didnt even catch them. I'm 18 trying to get into college currently unemployed but may soon have a job working mon-fri 8am-3pm. Until them I'm free whenever, and I dont care about weather conditions. Im very respectful, I only drink water and the taste of a cig disgusts me, But I dont mind if other people do it, I grew up with an entire family smoking and I dont even smell it anymore. I have a good amount of tackle, a few boxes of plastics, couple frogs, couple crank baits, rods, reels, etc. I can help pay for gas sometimes, and I also have my own vehicle. I have a boat but it is not exactly "fishable" and is really old (1989), but I do have a boating license (everyone under 25? is required to have one now) Anyways, Long story short, I've taught myself mostly everything I know because my dad was not around when I was younger, and am looking for someone who knows fishing. No I dont want to hire a guide. I kinda want to learn what to use in certain situations and how to use it, what colors in water clarity etc. I've watched plenty of youtube videos but its not the same as in person. So if you're someone who wants to help a young guy out, message me or something. grin

Edit: Adding a few things, I've never used a drop shot, a shaky head, a football jig, a swimbait (besides a trigged fluke), and lots of other stuff.
Also would like to learn some bank fishing techniques.

Try to soak up all of the fishing information you can via books, magazines, and instructional fishing shows such as Bassmaster. I also recommend that you try to learn and focus on mastering one technique at a time. Keep your tackle selection and lure colors simple for the best results. I personally learned a good amount from the audio CD "Blueprint on Professional Bass Fishing" from Mike Iaconelli, http://www.mikeiaconelli.com/shop.php?id=23

I'm not sure if you have seen any of my instructional YouTube Bass Fishing Videos but I try to teach in detail just as I would with a paying guide customer in my boat. Remember that there is no substitute for time spent on the water, as you will learn something new each and every time you go fishing. Good luck sir!

My YouTube Channel is @ FatherreeFishing

www.youtube.com/fatherreefishing

Very informative stuff on Stephens videos!

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11129923 09/27/15 02:34 AM
H
Hooky_Looky Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
If there is a bass run, go out and watch and some people will help you catch them with certain lures and techniques. That's how I learned. Stay back and watch. It's entertaining. Go to Texoma. There's a ton of people fishing there too.

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11130352 09/27/15 02:31 PM
S
stratos1760dv Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Great stuff, TFF members are great people.

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11131971 09/28/15 08:01 AM
B
Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I would be willing to take you out sometime, I'm a little behind on bait painting at the moment but should be getting caught up this week. I'm fairly open on the lake we fish, anywhere around dfw is fine with me. I would not require any gas money and would be happy to take you out and show you a few things.

Re: Looking for an experienced angler [Re: Bovine] #11133008 09/28/15 07:01 PM
flexpress Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
im no pro by a long shot ! but we can hook up ...
I have boat...
o

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide