Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107106 09/16/15 02:38 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
I would have to disagree some on less fish, I usually go multiple trips every week all year long, this spring and summer with the exception of a couple trips had been one of the best I have ever had for me and my friends, I only lure fish. Last winter was off the scale good, for big fish and numbers both. I cant wait for the colder weather to return.
I do not post as much as I used to, mostly for reasons already mentioned also avoid weekends if possible.

Last edited by lenahorse; 09/16/15 02:49 PM.
Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107168 09/16/15 03:07 PM
Dennis Christian Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Maybe Cedar Creek is different, but I always post what I catch, where I catch them and how I caught them, and it has never negatively affected my ability to go out and have fun locating and catching fish. In fact, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing I have helped the weekend fisherman find and catch fish. Of course, I'm not out there every day making my living as a guide, where I have to produce day after day. I hope I'd still share if I were a guide. I can say that when people follow or fish beside me it has not negatively affected my fishing. To the contrary it enhanced my fishing enjoyment chatting with them and sharing fishing tips.

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107212 09/16/15 03:24 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Great reply Dennis I have to agree with yo

Re: What has happened period... [Re: Dennis Christian] #11107214 09/16/15 03:25 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: Dennis Christian
Maybe Cedar Creek is different, but I always post what I catch, where I catch them and how I caught them, and it has never negatively affected my ability to go out and have fun locating and catching fish. In fact, there is a certain satisfaction in knowing I have helped the weekend fisherman find and catch fish. Of course, I'm not out there every day making my living as a guide, where I have to produce day after day. I hope I'd still share if I were a guide. I can say that when people follow or fish beside me it has not negatively affected my fishing. To the contrary it enhanced my fishing enjoyment chatting with them and sharing fishing tips.

bow_down

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: What has happened period... [Re: meat eater] #11107225 09/16/15 03:30 PM
S
Striper Lifer Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: meat eater
Test the troll factor for yourself & you will become a believer real quick! Post pics, coordinates, lure & depth then go out Saturday & watch the parade. People view this forum as a way to avoid all the dirty work involved with consistent catching & use it as a electronic guide so they can video & boast. Challenge of finding, then catching is not existent in this internet society. Btw- all this should be disregarded because of my # of posts- if you do not brag post- you do not know how to fish ?

roflmao

I rarely post either, except in the kayak section. Here's my best brag pic lately anyway...

In the Mighty Red, on a big ole A-Rig. Different baits on every arm with most of them tore up. ie- just get their attention, they'll try to eat it!!

Last edited by HankS; 09/16/15 03:40 PM. Reason: Bragging

Jonah 4:2
I knew that You are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, and one who relents concerning calamity.
Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107313 09/16/15 04:12 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Lakes that flooded like Texoma and Pk are fishing slow due to the loss of fish. I fish Possum Kingdom and I've caught a lot less fish this year. In the past, I could fish lures and catch all the big stripers I wanted. This year, if I want to catch anything I have to have bait.

Fishing below the dams has been better, but certainly is not a replacement for losing lakes Like Texoma and PK.

A good example of what I'm talking about is the sixolegeezers website that covers Texoma fishing. Almost all the summer posts are a skunk story.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107361 09/16/15 04:35 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
PK I totally agree on PK and Tex, my local lakes here have been very good for us and our regular crew here. I will update tomorrow after we get back.

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107455 09/16/15 05:18 PM
D
Daniel Mtanous Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
The forum is here to share all kinds of various things from secrets to a successful fishing trip to pictures of your family. That is the whole reason for having a forum else this would be a blog. It should be used to educate and provide information and at the same time touch peoples lives with personal stories and/or alleviate stress from work or personal lives. Not everyone that reads the forum is only looking for "my secret fishing hole that I ent telling yall bout'". I read it of course to know where your secret fishing hole is but also to learn how you caught them. I enjoy the photo albums of various fish posted and the pictures about tackle. They are great to see and read about. Not everyone has the same success when fishing the same spot as someone else. You should be willing to share your spots because in the end fishing isn't just about tying a hook to a string and casting it in the biggest body of water you can find. If it was that easy then the whole world would be doing it!

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11107499 09/16/15 05:35 PM
B
BrianTx01 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I haven't been out in the last month or so but I will comment on what I see on my local lakes. In my general, there seems to be less people fishing. I am pretty sure that fishing license sells would back up my point. The economy has expanding in terms of GDP for several years, but a lot of good paying jobs are gone. The American family as we know it is being destroyed and today's kids are more interested in social media and playing video games. Couple this with years drought that kept the Sandies from running upstream and you got some problems. There maybe giant boat shows up at Texoma, but you really don't seem them much anymore in Grapevine or Lewisville. The rains came too late this year but we should have a bumper crop of Sandies next year if we don't get flooded out by a winter el nio.

I only have a causal interest in whites/hybrids/stripers, but I can tell you that posting is way down in the catfish section due to the actions of a few trolls that liked to think they were experts despite not having any skins on the wall.

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2001
Proud UNT Alumni
Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11108173 09/16/15 10:47 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Hey Sean, Donald Trump likes you because you said "period". roflmao

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11108544 09/17/15 01:33 AM
M
meat eater Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Most lakes had a great 2nd push spawn right after the rains based on the amount of striper and sandie fingerlings removed from upriver cast nets 4 weeks after the flood. 1st wave had a very weak upper lake spawn on points. Stockings occur mid lake & none were done at this time yet. Stripers will spawn if water conditions and flows are perfect,no matter what the biologist says

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11108989 09/17/15 12:11 PM
FishBeeLowMe Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It just take a few anglers to follow guide boats? Go fish Tawakoni or Texoma for a few weeks. U will see it. Boats sitN outside Holiday Marina waiting? Dennis C is correct! Fishing for fun is.....fun! Fishing to earn a living is....work and tuff! Give guides room! No more JD Lyle Posts, no Matt Cartwright, no Joe Read. Those are 3 guides who can flat out catch! I get multiple calls, emails, txt per week. "Hey where are they at on Tawakoni?" I have fished Twok : twice in May, once in June? Hope to a bit Oct & Nov! Guides work very hard to find fish and keep up with them? YOU Should Too. My advice, hire a guide on your favorite lake Summer, Spring, Winter, Fall. You have tons of cash invested in boats, graphs, rods, reels? Get a buddy and invest a bit more! Enjoy your fall sassy shad and winter dead stick season!

Re: What has happened period... [Re: BrianTx01] #11109034 09/17/15 12:55 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: BrianTx01
I haven't been out in the last month or so but I will comment on what I see on my local lakes. In my general, there seems to be less people fishing. I am pretty sure that fishing license sells would back up my point. The economy has expanding in terms of GDP for several years, but a lot of good paying jobs are gone. The American family as we know it is being destroyed and today's kids are more interested in social media and playing video games. Couple this with years drought that kept the Sandies from running upstream and you got some problems. There maybe giant boat shows up at Texoma, but you really don't seem them much anymore in Grapevine or Lewisville. The rains came too late this year but we should have a bumper crop of Sandies next year if we don't get flooded out by a winter el nio.

I only have a causal interest in whites/hybrids/stripers, but I can tell you that posting is way down in the catfish section due to the actions of a few trolls that liked to think they were experts despite not having any skins on the wall.

Very well said. Very true.

Re: What has happened period... [Re: fishenrod] #11109850 09/17/15 07:02 PM
F
fishenrod Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
F
Wow guys thanks for the awesome thoughts, I agree with all and Yes Trump would LOVE me Todd lol.

However, in my case im just too busy to get out there. The ones that know me I used to fish and report on Hubbard a lot, but sold the boat a few years ago. My best friend has a boat and we fished a lot too( he bought his boat the same week I sold mine so we didn't miss much). Just like the views of this post he would go nuts if I posted a report. He was right because the next trip it was odd that so many boats were in same spots from my pics. Way too many lurkers on here and not enough givers...due to lurkers. I love seeing and hearing of people catch but not so much at my expense of gas and hours finding them.

I bought my friends boat a few months ago and its just sitting. I think the economy has bounced back for people with disposable income this last year and has kept a few off the water making hay while we can. Thats why im not out there like I was. But I still like seeing the reports.

I expect Hubbard to be the number one DFW lake someday with the awesome stocking plan my brothers at RHSA have done. I want another slip, but waiting out the new development and Jims departure (hopefully).

Sean

Re: What has happened period... [Re: lenahorse] #11109913 09/17/15 07:26 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
I look forward to your report Lenahorse. Striper fishing is off so much at Pk I think I go after crappie at Mineral Wells.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide